Global Entry Interview at ORD

Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold

After acceptance in the GOES program, there is a required in-person interview, which must be conducted in the U.S. My wife and I live overseas (I already have GE), and she has a DHS appointment at ORD during a layover on a visit to the U.S. Our incoming flight arrives at 1420 and the outbound is at 1937 (both on UA). Her appointment is at Terminal 5 at 1600. Any experience with such timing or advice? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not even remotely a problem. Chances are that they will take you as a walk-up earlier than your appointment and I've never heard of anybody who spent more than 20-25 mins. from start to finish with the entire process (watching video, finger prints, interview).
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Great! Thank you.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: luxury traveler

I've been debating about showing up prior to scheduled interview time at ohare... When I called they said very politely but firmly: all walk ins are denied! Is it true? Anyone make it through? Any tips? I'm stalking the website for cancellations but next appt is oct 19 and we are going to Ireland mid September
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Depends in station. JFK does walk-ins. Bowling Green does not.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Good luck. If there's no flight delay, you will be fine!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:39 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For more discussion, I'll move the thread to the apt travel security forum where the Global Entry application process is discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
ORD definitely does walk-ins. Or they did as of last September.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by chicagocat
I've been debating about showing up prior to scheduled interview time at ohare... When I called they said very politely but firmly: all walk ins are denied! Is it true? Anyone make it through? Any tips? I'm stalking the website for cancellations but next appt is oct 19 and we are going to Ireland mid September
Isn't the number you call is for general questions and not particular for ORD ?

I could imagine why they would tell you no, as if they say yes, then hundreds of people would show up as walk-in on a daily basis, and those already scheduled for an appointment couldn't get that appointment on time, it would have lots of headaches.

The only tip is look at the website on a daily basis, as usually it has many people switch dates whenver they see a better date available. I applied last year in December, earliest appointment wasn't until late March, but I looked at the website regularly, at the beginning of January, a day toward enf of January open up and I switched to that immediately.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
As I read it, the OP wants to know if his wife can go to the CBP office in T5 early on the scheduled day of her interview.

I would go for it. You are scheduled to arrive at 14:20 and have a 16:00 interview. The worst that can happen is she will wait for an hour in the CBP waiting room.

From my personal experience I have found the CBP at ORD to be pretty flexible at that level. But that is just my experience.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
Sorry to thread jack, but have a quick question. I have my GE interview in a couple weeks at ORD, the wife applied after me and has her's scheduled about a month later. Anyone have an idea on the probability we can both get this over with during my scheduled interview?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you call about walk-ins, you will get an answer which is somewhere from pretty negative to "no". If you show up and there's space, the CBP Officers themselves have every incentive to fill a slot.

As to the probability that any particular individual will get a walk-in on a particular day, that's impossible to predict. It only takes a few people to louse up the fingerprint scanner, give dumb answers to simple questions, ask dumb questions themselves, and the while thing is backed up.

Go early and look at the other people. If they look like dimwits, go home.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.