Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Global Entry extended to UK, Korea, Germany and Qatar citizens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...08092013_3.xml

Last edited by BobbySteel; Oct 7, 2013 at 12:01 pm Reason: jerks
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Good news - anything to reduce the lines. Now if only the UK would open up some sort of expedited immigration for GE members (similar to Iris).
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Would be great to see GlobalEntry (and NEXUS and SENTRI) members able to use kiosks in the UK and EU. But I suppose, for the latter, it will require the various countries in the EU to reach an agreement about standardizing technology for automated immigration processing.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:32 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Wonder how long it will be before we can get some reciprocity for US citizens traveling to Germany and the UK? The press release says a "limited number" of GE members will be able to apply for Germany's program, and nothing about the UK's.

My GOES account gives me the options to register for FAST, Privium, and SES at the moment--nothing for Germany’s ABG program, unfortunately.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
Wonder how long it will be before we can get some reciprocity for US citizens traveling to Germany and the UK? The press release says a "limited number" of GE members will be able to apply for Germany's program, and nothing about the UK's.

My GOES account gives me the options to register for FAST, Privium, and SES at the moment--nothing for Germany’s ABG program, unfortunately.
From what I have heard on FT, GE members can join ABG on a walk-in basis. Visit an ABG office with passport and GE card in hand, and they should be able to induct you into the program.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Originally Posted by exerda
Wonder how long it will be before we can get some reciprocity for US citizens traveling to Germany and the UK?
or Aussies to the USA
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by quick_dry
or Aussies to the USA
Or the Kiwis

Seriously, you guys have given us access, the Brits or the Germans have not. What's up with that?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
So, the UK can do whatever she wants but Germany is part of the Schengen Agreement and so anyone Germany admits can freely go by about their business anywhere inside another 25 countries. They can't just nilly-willy brohug people in this or that program.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There have been (non-dual) British or German citizens in GE most or all of this year at least.

Originally Posted by chx1975
So, the UK can do whatever she wants but Germany is part of the Schengen Agreement and so anyone Germany admits can freely go by about their business anywhere inside another 25 countries. They can't just nilly-willy brohug people in this or that program.
Wouldn't that mean the Dutch -- already included to use GE facilities before this year too -- couldn't reciprocate?

The UK is part of the CTA that includes Ireland. Apparently the Irish didnt get in the way of the British. Who in Schengen really gets in the way of the Germans when it comes to the Schengen zone? The EU Schengen Zone seems to be what the German government wants.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM

There has been a recent announcement about expansion of the Global Entry program to UK, Korea, Germany and Qatar citizens.

As I mentioned on on the BA Forum, I emailed the advertised contact [email protected] saying that I was a UK citizen and frequent traveller to the US, and asking whether I could obtain a promotion code to apply for Global Entry.

Somewhat to my surprise, I have now received my promotion code. ^

There are probably not many UK codes, so if a UK citizen, get one while you can!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:07 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nbevan
There has been a recent announcement about expansion of the Global Entry program to UK, Korea, Germany and Qatar citizens.

As I mentioned on on the BA Forum, I emailed the advertised contact [email protected] saying that I was a UK citizen and frequent traveller to the US, and asking whether I could obtain a promotion code to apply for Global Entry.

Somewhat to my surprise, I have now received my promotion code. ^

There are probably not many UK codes, so if a UK citizen, get one while you can!
GE can use their status in Korea.
Since GE (now) lets UK into the system. What about a reciprocity, allowing US citizens (in GE), to use UK's equivalent program?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by nrr
GE can use their status in Korea.
Since GE (now) lets UK into the system. What about a reciprocity, allowing US citizens (in GE), to use UK's equivalent program?
The UK does not really have a direct equivalent. IRIS is on the way out. There are the E-Passport gates, but currently only for EU pax.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nbevan
Somewhat to my surprise, I have now received my promotion code.
Amazing!

Got my code back inside 5 mins
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
There are the E-Passport gates, but currently only for EU pax.
That's what he's saying. Open that up for GE enrolled US passengers.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Looks like the GE webpage(http://www.globalentry.gov/eligibility.html) has still not been updated yet.

Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, Dutch citizens, South Korean citizens and Mexican nationals. Canadian citizens and residents may enjoy Global Entry benefits through membership in the NEXUS program.
Edit: didn't notice that this was a trial program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.