Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Does one have to go to the enrollment cener to update driver's license?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Just got the DL renewed. The only information that was changed is its expiration date. I tried to update it on the GOES website and did not find an option.

Does one have to go to the enrollment cener to update driver's license expiration date?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mi88ke
Just got the DL renewed. The only information that was changed is its expiration date. I tried to update it on the GOES website and did not find an option.

Does one have to go to the enrollment cener to update driver's license expiration date?
Yes. I have Nexus and had to go to an enrollment centre when I renewed my driver's license. There was no way to do it online in GOES. Took all of 5 minutes; you just walk in and they input the new info, at least in my case.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
You do not need an appointment to update a DL, you can just walk in to any enrollment and they should take you right away.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
No, I called the GE office at MIA and did it over the phone.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I got Global Entry in 2010 and renewed my driver's license in 2011, and I'm pretty sure I updated the info online. I don't remember the exact procedure, but I might have had to page through the entire application form in order to do it. I definitely didn't visit or call any GE office.

Coincidentally, I just renewed my passport. I was able to easily update the information online, but I stopped by the GE office today to see if there was anything else I needed to do. I was informed that they needed to swipe my new passport, or it wouldn't work at the kiosk. That took only a few seconds, and I was on my way.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Called IAD enrollment center today. The officer told me that "the DL doesn't matter as one needs to use PP to enter the country".

I was somewhat nervous when at least 2 people on this forum got GE revoked mysteriously due to, seems, job change or something. So it seems that it is not that urgent, I will swing by at one of the offices before the next flight.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikew99
I got Global Entry in 2010 and renewed my driver's license in 2011, and I'm pretty sure I updated the info online. I don't remember the exact procedure, but I might have had to page through the entire application form in order to do it. I definitely didn't visit or call any GE office.

Coincidentally, I just renewed my passport. I was able to easily update the information online, but I stopped by the GE office today to see if there was anything else I needed to do. I was informed that they needed to swipe my new passport, or it wouldn't work at the kiosk. That took only a few seconds, and I was on my way.
At ORD last month, I stopped in because I thought I needed a sticker. They said no more stickers and to just update it online. No passport swipe required, and the kiosk recognized my PP just fine last week when returning from AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.