My First Global Entry Experience

Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
My First Global Entry Experience

Got to use it Sunday morning in ATL. It was great going to the kiosk and getting cleared immediately. Then went to the customs line. Didn't initally realize that there was a dedicated GE customs line (no one in it). When I saw the "Global Entry" sign, we just ducked under the rope from the regular line. Several people yelled "Hey where do you think you are going?" I just walked right up to the agent, handed him my receipt and walked on. My wife's receipt had just the top of her head in the photo. The CBP agen just laughed and passed her through.

Then...chaos in the TSA screening area. Long, slow lines with TSA agents allowing folks from one line to cut over to the baggage screeners on the other side of the room. Annoying.

GE was great, but the TSA process just demonstrated why we need Pre-Check for international flights as well as domestic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.