Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Global Entry OK if Ticket Omits my First Name?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

Currently I have no problem using TSA checkpoints with tickets issued in my middle and last names only (Passport and DL show all three names, while all my frequent traveler accounts and credit cards omit the first name).

AA appears to have successfully signed me up for TSA Pre-Check automatically, as an EXP. I used it a couple of times at ORD last Sunday. Again, the airline ticket omitted my first name.

I haven't yet signed up for Global Entry. Will I have a problem at the Global Entry kiosks if airline tickets continue to omit my first name? I won't be adding the first name because it's inconsistent with all my frequent traveler accounts and credit cards.

Thanks.....
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Explore
Currently I have no problem using TSA checkpoints with tickets issued in my middle and last names only (Passport and DL show all three names, while all my frequent traveler accounts and credit cards omit the first name).

AA appears to have successfully signed me up for TSA Pre-Check automatically, as an EXP. I used it a couple of times at ORD last Sunday. Again, the airline ticket omitted my first name.

I haven't yet signed up for Global Entry. Will I have a problem at the Global Entry kiosks if airline tickets continue to omit my first name? I won't be adding the first name because it's inconsistent with all my frequent traveler accounts and credit cards.

Thanks.....
The worst that will happen is that when you run your passport or green card through the GE kiosk, it won't find your flight info. But I imagine that Global Entry does the match by the passport number or green card ID number than name.

In any case, GE still works if it can't find you on an arriving flight manifest. You just enter your flight info manually. Have had this happen once and never got an X.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
On UA, all you would have to do is to edit the passenger data to make sure it matches your passport/global entry application.

On AA, I think you can edit your profile and put in the correct name and GE number and it is automatically applied to all of your reservations.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
On UA, all you would have to do is to edit the passenger data to make sure it matches your passport/global entry application.

On AA, I think you can edit your profile and put in the correct name and GE number and it is automatically applied to all of your reservations.
These instructions apply to PreCheck. No name matching is required to use Global Entry. If the OP wanted to use his GE PASS ID for PreCheck, he would have to perform these steps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.