OK to use "stale" BP for standby?

Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
OK to use "stale" BP for standby?

Southwest has a policy to let you standby for no additional charge if you miss your reserved flight by less than 2 hours. Previously I had no problem passing security with a boarding pass for a flight that had just departed. Last time the TSA people told me I had to go back to the ticket counter and get a gate pass.

This sounds incorrect to me. Does anyone know the official policy for slightly stale boarding passes?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just tell them the flight is late.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:46 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Not sure I would lie to them.... probably not good if you get caught.

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by tusphotog

There is another post somewhere here that describes how TSA refused to allow someone to clear security for a flight that actually was delayed, because it was after (or too close too) the time printed on the boarding pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.