Wiki Posts
Search

LA Union Station - Subway & TSA Baggage Check

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
LA Union Station - Subway & TSA Baggage Check

On Monday, at about 7am, TSA was doing a baggage screening for the subway station at Los Angeles Union Station. Been through this before (happens about once a month). This time, I had to show ID. What for? My monthly pass does not indicate my name. They did not do a "records" check.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jbdk
On Monday, at about 7am, TSA was doing a baggage screening for the subway station at Los Angeles Union Station. Been through this before (happens about once a month). This time, I had to show ID. What for? My monthly pass does not indicate my name. They did not do a "records" check.
You should start writing and posting your grievances to The Source http://thesource.metro.net/.

Lots of frustrated Angelinos there these days with Metro becoming yet another overblown tax-sucking bureaucratic government agency.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:09 pm

Why did you comply and show ID? You are not required to carry identification for riding the LA Metro, and you are under no obligation whatsoever to produce an ID when demanded on a whim by a cop or other officer.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by saulblum
Why did you comply and show ID? You are not required to carry identification for riding the LA Metro, and you are under no obligation whatsoever to produce an ID when demanded on a whim by a cop or other officer.
I asked why and said I had to or I could not enter the subway. I could have just went out and try again a couple minutes later... did not think about it until now.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:14 am

I asked why and said I had to or I could not enter the subway. I could have just went out and try again a couple minutes later... did not think about it until now.
Was it the TSA agent or a LA cop who was demanding ID? Was the ID demanded as soon as the bag check began, or not until after it was finished?

You should have said that in the United States one does not need to carry identification to walk the street, or ride the subway, and that you will be proceeding through the fare gate without showing anyone any identification.

Every passenger who doesn't stand up for their rights is just more ammunition for these thugs (and that's what they are) to continue to harass other passengers.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Based on my experience with them as a civil rights lawyer, my opinion is that the LACMTA has a problem with people who care about their civil rights.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:01 am

You now have to comply or they will bar you from any travel via any TSA-screened station. Plus you'd get hit with a fee for wasting their time.

I am taking a couple of bags with me to San Jose FurCon for Megabus. I even bought an extra seat for the cargo space. Is there a TSA screening station there At Union Station Los Angeles for the rank Megabus?? I'm not bringing or buying dildoes or looking to party down, even though my packed attire and giveaway things say otherwise. I'm going there to have serious fun, that's all.

If there is TSA, how much time do I need in advance?

-----------
Tweet me @TurinAramaia
Text me @Google Voice 562-449-3849

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.