Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Playboy Playmate arrested with gun at checkpoint

Playboy Playmate arrested with gun at checkpoint

Old Aug 10, 11, 6:03 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Playboy Playmate arrested with gun at checkpoint

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/10...est=latestnews

I'm just going to wait and read all your comments about TSOs offering to pat her down...
SATTSO is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 6:20 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,119
I am assuming it was found the old fashioned way - hand bag xray - and not through the scanners?
mules is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 6:22 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 389
There have been many people arrested at a checkpoint for this or that alleged crime. Sometimes even a TSO. I grant all of them the benefit of the doubt, as the law requires, until such time as they shall have been duly convicted, whether by trial or by plea.

This by the way is much more People's Agitprop Minister B. Bob was willing to grant Phil Mocek, when, even after Mr. was found not guilty, posted a claim that Mr. Mocek was guilty AFTER he had been acquitted, without referring to the jury verdict of acquittal.
Cartoon Peril is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 6:33 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,657
Yay. TSA did its job, and a passenger breaking the law was arrested. Strike up the band.

Remind me again why Alvin Crabtree wasn't arrested for doing the same thing?
jkhuggins is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 7:52 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 516
SATTSO, the story doesn't mention a pat down. Since you raised the issue, did a TSA pat down occur (I assume one was done by LE)?
OldGoat is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 7:54 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,590
When Playmates are trying to bring the country down, you know we've lost.
JoeBas is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:03 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Originally Posted by jkhuggins View Post
Yay. TSA did its job, and a passenger breaking the law was arrested. Strike up the band.

Remind me again why Alvin Crabtree wasn't arrested for doing the same thing?
Does TSA arrest people? Why didn't the police arrest him? We have a supposed LEO on this site claiming he arrest TSOs every chance he gets, and there is a thread claiming all LEOs despise TSA employees. So what happened?
SATTSO is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:21 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,657
Originally Posted by jkhuggins View Post
Yay. TSA did its job, and a passenger breaking the law was arrested. Strike up the band.

Remind me again why Alvin Crabtree wasn't arrested for doing the same thing?
Originally Posted by SATTSO View Post
Does TSA arrest people? Why didn't the police arrest him? We have a supposed LEO on this site claiming he arrest TSOs every chance he gets, and there is a thread claiming all LEOs despise TSA employees. So what happened?
Well, we can play that game if you like.

So, by this reasoning, TSA had nothing to do with whether or not Crabtree was arrested; it was simply a matter between Crabtree and whatever law enforcement agency was present at DEN that day. Fair enough.

Then, why, pray tell, is the original story at all of interest to this forum? Again, TSA would have nothing to do with whether or not Ms. McLaughlin was arrested, so ... how is this a story related to travel safety and security?
jkhuggins is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:25 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,952
Methinks the OP posted this in a failed attempt to get a rise out of other FTers.

He should know that:

"..........," said TSA spokeswoman Sari Koshetz. "But our officers do, in fact, intercept several guns a day at U.S. airports."
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18636320
doober is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:27 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Originally Posted by jkhuggins View Post
Well, we can play that game if you like.

So, by this reasoning, TSA had nothing to do with whether or not Crabtree was arrested; it was simply a matter between Crabtree and whatever law enforcement agency was present at DEN that day. Fair enough.

Then, why, pray tell, is the original story at all of interest to this forum? Again, TSA would have nothing to do with whether or not Ms. McLaughlin was arrested, so ... how is this a story related to travel safety and security?
Not playing a game. The issue of ANYONE bringing a firearm to an airport checkpoint relates to this forum. Regarless of whether or not that person was arrested.
SATTSO is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:32 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by SATTSO View Post
Not playing a game. The issue of ANYONE bringing a firearm to an airport checkpoint relates to this forum. Regarless of whether or not that person was arrested.
There are multiple idiots with guns stopped at checkpoints every day. Law Enforcement determines what happens from there.
cb1111 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:34 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
There are multiple idiots with guns stopped at checkpoints every day. Law Enforcement determines what happens from there.
Correct.
SATTSO is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:38 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,657
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
There are multiple idiots with guns stopped at checkpoints every day. Law Enforcement determines what happens from there.
Originally Posted by SATTSO View Post
Correct.
Ok. I'll concede that point. So ... multiple idiots are stopped at TSA checkpoints every day.

Then what, pray tell, is "newsworthy" --- or "discussion-worthy" --- about this story?
jkhuggins is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:38 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ATL Lost Luggage
Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Posts: 6,795
Originally Posted by SATTSO View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/10...est=latestnews

I'm just going to wait and read all your comments about TSOs offering to pat her down...
Duh, that's why she needed to be armed at the airport!
RatherBeOnATrain is offline  
Old Aug 10, 11, 8:49 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Programs: United
Posts: 2,710
Originally Posted by jkhuggins View Post
Ok. I'll concede that point. So ... multiple idiots are stopped at TSA checkpoints every day.

Then what, pray tell, is "newsworthy" --- or "discussion-worthy" --- about this story?
She's hot?
Combat Medic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: