FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Playboy Playmate arrested with gun at checkpoint (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1246398-playboy-playmate-arrested-gun-checkpoint.html)

SATTSO Aug 10, 2011 6:03 am

Playboy Playmate arrested with gun at checkpoint

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/10...est=latestnews

I'm just going to wait and read all your comments about TSOs offering to pat her down...

mules Aug 10, 2011 6:20 am

I am assuming it was found the old fashioned way - hand bag xray - and not through the scanners?

Cartoon Peril Aug 10, 2011 6:22 am

There have been many people arrested at a checkpoint for this or that alleged crime. Sometimes even a TSO. I grant all of them the benefit of the doubt, as the law requires, until such time as they shall have been duly convicted, whether by trial or by plea.

This by the way is much more People's Agitprop Minister B. Bob was willing to grant Phil Mocek, when, even after Mr. was found not guilty, posted a claim that Mr. Mocek was guilty AFTER he had been acquitted, without referring to the jury verdict of acquittal.

jkhuggins Aug 10, 2011 6:33 am

Yay. TSA did its job, and a passenger breaking the law was arrested. Strike up the band.

Remind me again why Alvin Crabtree wasn't arrested for doing the same thing? ;)

OldGoat Aug 10, 2011 7:52 am

SATTSO, the story doesn't mention a pat down. Since you raised the issue, did a TSA pat down occur (I assume one was done by LE)?

JoeBas Aug 10, 2011 7:54 am

When Playmates are trying to bring the country down, you know we've lost. :(

SATTSO Aug 10, 2011 8:03 am

Originally Posted by jkhuggins (Post 16894211)
Yay. TSA did its job, and a passenger breaking the law was arrested. Strike up the band.

Does TSA arrest people? Why didn't the police arrest him? We have a supposed LEO on this site claiming he arrest TSOs every chance he gets, and there is a thread claiming all LEOs despise TSA employees. So what happened?

jkhuggins Aug 10, 2011 8:21 am

Originally Posted by jkhuggins (Post 16894211)

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16894653)
Does TSA arrest people? Why didn't the police arrest him? We have a supposed LEO on this site claiming he arrest TSOs every chance he gets, and there is a thread claiming all LEOs despise TSA employees. So what happened?

Well, we can play that game if you like.

So, by this reasoning, TSA had nothing to do with whether or not Crabtree was arrested; it was simply a matter between Crabtree and whatever law enforcement agency was present at DEN that day. Fair enough.

Then, why, pray tell, is the original story at all of interest to this forum? Again, TSA would have nothing to do with whether or not Ms. McLaughlin was arrested, so ... how is this a story related to travel safety and security?

doober Aug 10, 2011 8:25 am

Methinks the OP posted this in a failed attempt to get a rise out of other FTers.

He should know that:

"..........," said TSA spokeswoman Sari Koshetz. "But our officers do, in fact, intercept several guns a day at U.S. airports."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18636320

SATTSO Aug 10, 2011 8:27 am

Originally Posted by jkhuggins (Post 16894765)
Well, we can play that game if you like.

So, by this reasoning, TSA had nothing to do with whether or not Crabtree was arrested; it was simply a matter between Crabtree and whatever law enforcement agency was present at DEN that day. Fair enough.

Then, why, pray tell, is the original story at all of interest to this forum? Again, TSA would have nothing to do with whether or not Ms. McLaughlin was arrested, so ... how is this a story related to travel safety and security?

Not playing a game. The issue of ANYONE bringing a firearm to an airport checkpoint relates to this forum. Regarless of whether or not that person was arrested.

cb1111 Aug 10, 2011 8:32 am

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16894805)
Not playing a game. The issue of ANYONE bringing a firearm to an airport checkpoint relates to this forum. Regarless of whether or not that person was arrested.

There are multiple idiots with guns stopped at checkpoints every day. Law Enforcement determines what happens from there.

SATTSO Aug 10, 2011 8:34 am

Originally Posted by cb1111 (Post 16894839)
There are multiple idiots with guns stopped at checkpoints every day. Law Enforcement determines what happens from there.

Correct.

jkhuggins Aug 10, 2011 8:38 am

Originally Posted by cb1111 (Post 16894839)

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16894855)
Correct.

Ok. I'll concede that point. So ... multiple idiots are stopped at TSA checkpoints every day.

Then what, pray tell, is "newsworthy" --- or "discussion-worthy" --- about this story?

RatherBeOnATrain Aug 10, 2011 8:38 am

Originally Posted by SATTSO (Post 16894084)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/10...est=latestnews

I'm just going to wait and read all your comments about TSOs offering to pat her down...

Duh, that's why she needed to be armed at the airport!

Combat Medic Aug 10, 2011 8:49 am

Originally Posted by jkhuggins (Post 16894884)
Ok. I'll concede that point. So ... multiple idiots are stopped at TSA checkpoints every day.

Then what, pray tell, is "newsworthy" --- or "discussion-worthy" --- about this story?

She's hot?