TSA Abuse of Eldery Woman

Old Jun 5, 11, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: One Pass Gold, Delta Medallion , Avis, Hertz, Budget, most hotels
TSA Abuse of Eldery Woman

This isn't another groping video but may be even more heart wrenching when one hears first hand the psychological toll these abusive procedures have on people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guwy-kdwO2A

It is absolutely disgusting that after contributing to her country for decades this woman is abused and treated like a common criminal in her twilight years by her own Government. Who can be proud of a country like this?
Old Jun 5, 11, 7:21 pm
Suspended

It's enough to make one vomit.

But now we have proof that they do make people strip in the "private room."
Old Jun 5, 11, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
My heart goes out to that poor woman - how do we send this to the media? This deserves attention.

Never mind, I just sent it to Drudge...

Last edited by FetePerfection; Jun 5, 11 at 8:08 pm Reason: Updated
Old Jun 5, 11, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Horrible.

"They made me take my bra off... I have a safety pin in it."

"I just felt like I was a fugitive."
Old Jun 5, 11, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This kind of stuff is pure gold for those people opposed to the way TSA operates.

2 elderly ladies targeted for invasive screenings by TSA.

PV blog post explaining that the TSA officers followed policy on the way.
Old Jun 5, 11, 8:50 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
I am sure we will hear shortly that they are1) suffering from delusions or 2) lying or 3) didn't understand what was happening to them (because, you know, they are old and stuff).

Somehow, the fact that these ladies were given a thorough pat down doesn't make me feel safer at all.
Old Jun 5, 11, 9:00 pm

Programs: United Airlines 1K MM, Hilton Honors Gold
I hope she counted her money after the end of her ordeal.
Old Jun 6, 11, 7:55 am

The jig is up with the average traveler.
Old Jun 6, 11, 8:40 am

I wouldn't be so sure.

She stated throughout, "They're just doing their jobs."

However, the second lady was clear, "If I'm going to get the pat down anyway I'll just skip the scanner."

It's kind of sad that they've both just resigned themselves that they have to put up with either. How can anyone at TSA be proud of themselves for abusing an elderly person?
Old Jun 6, 11, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow View Post
The jig is up with the average traveler.
I'm sorry, it isn't. We're not the "average traveler" on the website. Unfortunately, the average traveler is still in the "anything for safety crowd. The jig should have been up ages ago, yet every action the TSA has taken over time has made it worse, not better.

Mike
Old Jun 6, 11, 8:43 am

I guess this confirms the answer to my long-lasting question regarding how "anomalies" in intimate areas detected with whole body scans are "resolved". They are, in fact, "visually inspecting" them.

Must remember never to use sanitary pads, only tampons, when traveling, in order to avoid strip searches.

Feeling much safer...
Old Jun 6, 11, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by barbell View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.

However, the second lady was clear, "If I'm going to get the pat down anyway I'll just skip the scanner."

It's kind of sad that they've both just resigned themselves that they have to put up with either. How can anyone at TSA be proud of themselves for abusing an elderly person?
If she is going to travel by air anytime in the near future, she is going to have to resign herself to one or the other. She's decided to skip the part where she is irradiated and just jump to the part where she gets bodysearched. Without using the phrase "opt-out," that's what she's done.
Old Jun 6, 11, 8:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The stunning part to me is that she still thinks they are doing what they have to do. I think some part of the American psyche thinks if we let ourselves be abused enough we'll be kept safe. It makes me want to puke.
Old Jun 6, 11, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by barbell View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.

It's a different mentality. The key to success of the intrusiveness in place at airports is for the screening clerk workforce to become and remain completely desensitized. The #1 example of this desensitization is the word "resistence." This word was not invented for us. The term was invented for the clerks. Feeling ANYTHING (all the way from pride to disgust) is trained out of them. So, the average clerk feels nothing and must feel nothing in order to keep coming to work every day. "They're just doing their jobs." is a measure of success of the desensitization program aimed at the public.

Since desensitization is not a normal human character trait, the pressure builds inside the target until one of two things happen when that build-up finally breaks:

1. The individual becomes disgusted, both at the activity in which they participated and because they allowed themselves to become sensitized. At the very best, they leave the environment that produced the desensitization. At the very worst, depression and mental illness occurs, and this can occur quite a while after the individual is removed from the situation.

2. The disgust turns to anger, which they release at passengers and their coworkers. Rolando is one example. He was just one example of a desensitization failure. It was no fault of his own; he just couldn't allow himself to become desensitized. His taunters released their desensitization by agressiveness and anger towards a weaker individual.

Sorry to go off topic, but, this is classic psychological warfare stuff. My disgust is watching this happen to the United States of America by self-inflicted wound with nobody caring.
Old Jun 6, 11, 11:58 am

My aunt is the personal assistant to an airport director. I was at her house over the weekend and asked her what she thought about the pat downs. She shrugged and said the hoopla died down and everybody just goes through the machine.

I was also in the hospital over the weekend for a motorcycle accident. The xray tech asked me, after the xrays were already taken and I was put back into my room, why I was getting xrays. I stated the doctor was concerned I might have broken my hip. I asked him why he would ask me that question considering he must have an order prior to xraying me. He stated that the xray techs like to ensure they are xraying patients for valid reasons. I commented that I wished the TSA thought the same thing. He informed me that we get less radiation from the TSA machines than the xrays I just had done. When pressed to prove it, he couldnt. I informed him that Pissy has been ordered twice by Congress to supply the safety ratings of the machines and has refused, so if the machines are so safe why not prove it. I further told him about how the machines were put into airports without any congressional approval. We talked for about a half hour. He said he had no idea about any of the information I just gave him.

Great job media!!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: