Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

How Long Does it Take to Get a Redress Number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long Does it Take to Get a Redress Number?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:13 pm

good idea.. i coulf fly to toronto and then take the bus or a train i guess.. i'll wait a month to see what DHS has to say.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Sometimes, but not commonly.

You may still be able to vacation. You will just need to take a road or boat trip for part of the journey to the US and while in the US if traveling as a family unit, and you will first have to find out if the visas (or ESTA, if applicable) are still considered valid.

What is a circus is how foreigners can be added to or hit by the US no-fly list but still have valid US visas/ESTAs -- that was supposed to have been a process handoff that was tightened and compressed big time some years back and yet it still doesn't happen, which may be considered a good or bad thing given the free people hit by these blacklists.

Some would consider buying a refundable domestic US ticket under the hit name and attempt online check-in; and if online check-in resulted in a boarding pass for the named individual, then the name with associated sex and birthdate data is not blacklisted on the no-fly list used by the TSA.

Canada is a nice vacation place in the summer time. Mexico a nice one in the winter time. From either, a ground trip the US can readily be taken to see if the US visas/ESTAs are valid for admissibility into the US or not.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
How long for a redress number?

Hi

I'm a UK citizen who gets the dreaded SSSS when I fly BA to the States from Heathrow (but never on AA for some reason).

Anyhow, I have applied for a redress number, and I got an automatic email acknowledgment so I know they got it, but it's coming up to 3 months now and I have heard nothing more.

I googled and found something that said "taking longer than usual blah blah blah" but does anyone know how long is standard, and also is there anyway to politely chase that actually gets a response from a human?

The SSSS is not the end of the world, just annoying, but I fly often enough to want not to have to go through it each time!

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.