Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
what eye shades are for

If other pax watch the action, can they be arrested for voyeurism at the end of the flight?
Old May 25, 2011, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Orion
If other pax watch the action, can they be arrested for voyeurism at the end of the flight?
I doubt it.. FAA will probably need them as witnesses..

Why shoot down your own witnesses?
Old May 25, 2011, 9:51 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
...busted a Florida man after he took matters into his own hands "to the point of ejaculation" on a United Airlines flight from Spokane to Denver last Thursday...
Let's cut the guy some slack. Spokane to Denver is a long time to go w/o reflief.
Old May 26, 2011, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by bluenotesro
Maybe he enjoyed being groped so much by TSA that he had to, how to we say, finish the act?!
That's one way to look at it..... ^ ^
Old May 26, 2011, 4:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So did anyone collect any DNA evidence on the plane?

Originally Posted by Bart
^^^^^

(wiping coffee off of keyboard)
I sure hope it's just coffee. Otherwise it could be a sign of a health problem that requires checking out the sex organs in a more invasive way that even the TSA does at airports across America.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 26, 2011 at 4:13 am
Old May 26, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by RichardKenner
Not all crimes. As seen from that affidavit, 49 USC 46506 lists the specific ones. And an interesting set of choices. I never knew this before and it's quite interesting. So something useful came out of this thread!
What did that site say?
Old May 26, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus *S
Would they actually be able to punish the chap if the events occurred while above international waters (ie: on a flight across the Atlantic)? Or does US law still apply in US-registered planes, no matter where they are?

At any rate, I think that if one wants to "have a go" while in flight, one should use the lavatory for that.
Old May 26, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P
Originally Posted by WC_EEND
At any rate, I think that if one wants to "have a go" while in flight, one should use the lavatory for that.
So long as he is quick. There's already enough congestion around the lavs as it is. :P
Old May 26, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by WC_EEND
Would they actually be able to punish the chap if the events occurred while above international waters (ie: on a flight across the Atlantic)? Or does US law still apply in US-registered planes, no matter where they are?
Yes, or if they departed from or are arriving to a US city. See 49 USC 46501(2).
Old May 26, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: M&M, AA GLD, FB
Based on the quick glimpse I got, the actual punishment is not THAT bad.

Fine of max. $300 and/or 90 days incarceration (most likely suspended).
I wounder if UA will pursue a civil lawsuit against him (property damage, or ??)
Old May 26, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Avoid 18D on N843UA.

Last edited by bmvaughn; May 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm
Old May 26, 2011, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
I do hope this leads them to permanently ban ......s from both airports and aircraft, as it will force them them to shut down the TSA.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That's all well and good, but was Channel 9 Off? Now that would be news!
Old May 26, 2011, 2:31 pm

my husband was on a flight and the two guys sitting next to him were doing it to each other. He got up and had the fa find him another seat. They did nothing to the two because they were under the blanket but the husband just wasn't going to sit there. I work at an airport and yesterday they were complaining about someone crapping on the floor of the lavs? The ramp crews at my airport have to clean the planes and they are getting really sick of these people. I get grossed out by some of their stories but there are some sickos out there flying with us. I flew USAIR last year and the lady sitting next to me came back to her seat and told me the same thing. We told the FA and she locked the lav door for the rest of the flight. WHY??
Old May 26, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL AA
Next time I hear a TV newscaster use the term "Skyjacking" I may die laughing.

And as Stephen Still wrote:
Well there’s a rose in the fisted glove and the eagle flies with the dove,
and if you can’t be with the one you love,
honey, love the one you’re with, love the one you’re with,
love the one you’re with, love the one you’re with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.