Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Old May 25, 11, 2:15 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,051
The Galley? Why is he ever allowed on another plane?
LuvAirFrance is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 3:28 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,605
Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight
The term you are looking for is "cleaning his weapon" - though that might cause confusion
alanR is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 3:53 am
  #18  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,386
Originally Posted by essxjay View Post
Not sure this thread really belongs here but for the sake of comic relief we'll leave it open as long as it stays relatively on topic.

----------
essxjay
TS/S moderator
"comic relief"?

Bart is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 5:05 am
  #19  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 98,673
If he had covered up with a blanket while doing this in the same place, what would be the charge? Absent some kind of near catch all akin to "interfering with a flight crew('s orders)" -- if the FAs even attempted to interfere in his auto-eroticism endeavor -- or "obstruction of justice" -- if he is stupid enough to have made any comment to law enforcement (other than "I want an attorney and am invoking my right to remain silent") -- what would the federal government be able to do?
GUWonder is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 5:20 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PHL
Programs: AA PRO (but always US in my heart), HH Gold
Posts: 3,301
Originally Posted by candi View Post
Why must everyone get in other's people business nowadays?

If I saw that happen in the aisle across from me, I'd just smile and think that at least someone is having fun flying and mind my own business. As long as he doesn't point it my way and give me hair gel, it really doesn't affect me.
I agree. For the record, I am a female. This doesn't offend me at all. I am more grossed out when someone pukes in flight.
honeytoes is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 5:33 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 4,534
I can't believe that no one else finds this behavior in public disgusting. Obviously, this guy has no scruples and just doesn't care what anyone around him may think. What if your child was sitting within seeing distance from this moron?

What about the next person who sits in that seat? I sure as H*ll don't want to sit on this man's bodily fluids. These days, that can be dangerous. Someone puts their hand on the seat to get up, etc and touches his fluid.

I am no puritan, but come on folks, what's up with the high fiving for this low life?
svenskaflicka is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 5:36 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
If he had covered up with a blanket while doing this in the same place, what would be the charge? Absent some kind of near catch all akin to "interfering with a flight crew('s orders)" -- if the FAs even attempted to interfere in his auto-eroticism endeavor -- or "obstruction of justice" -- if he is stupid enough to have made any comment to law enforcement (other than "I want an attorney and am invoking my right to remain silent") -- what would the federal government be able to do?
Who arrested him? A federal agency or a state/local agency? Is he being charged with state or federal crimes? From what I understand, and I haven't really looked at it too much, is local airport police arrested him.
SATTSO is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 5:43 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka View Post
I can't believe that no one else finds this behavior in public disgusting. Obviously, this guy has no scruples and just doesn't care what anyone around him may think. What if your child was sitting within seeing distance from this moron?

What about the next person who sits in that seat? I sure as H*ll don't want to sit on this man's bodily fluids. These days, that can be dangerous. Someone puts their hand on the seat to get up, etc and touches his fluid.

I am no puritan, but come on folks, what's up with the high fiving for this low life?
His behavior was disgusting, and he should have been arrested for something. But, I'm sorry, you more than likely touch various bodily fluids and feces throughout the week when you touch door knobs, hand rest, and so on. Next time you fly, and you lay your hands and arms on the armrest, or use the table in the seat in front of you, how to you know the person before you washed their hands the last time the used the bathroom, or had sex, or whatever? Mabye they picked their nose, and deposited a present on the seat when they left. You don't use an airline pillow or blanket do you? If so, ewwwww.... Its pretty much prove those pillows and blankets have slobber on them from before. NEVER use those. NEVER!

Or is it ignorance is bliss? What I don't know won't hurt me. If you don't think about the things I mentioned, its ok if it happens? Just bring some wipes with you, and if your flying that airline, and have that seat, no matter the plane, give it a good scrubbing down! Then sit on a napkin.

But I will say this, the story is funny. Can't wait till it breaks the guy was an Air Marshall.
SATTSO is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 5:52 am
  #24  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 98,673
Originally Posted by SATTSO View Post
Who arrested him? A federal agency or a state/local agency? Is he being charged with state or federal crimes? From what I understand, and I haven't really looked at it too much, is local airport police arrested him.
The FBI's sworn statement in the following covers this pretty well:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...rbation-546729
GUWonder is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 5:59 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
The FBI's sworn statement in the following covers this pretty well:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...rbation-546729

I kind of wonder, are all crimes commit while in flight "federal"? If 2 passengers get into a very quick fight, a few punches landed, would that be federal if the plane was in flight?

Any lawyers here care to answer?
SATTSO is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 6:09 am
  #26  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 98,673
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka View Post
I can't believe that no one else finds this behavior in public disgusting. Obviously, this guy has no scruples and just doesn't care what anyone around him may think. What if your child was sitting within seeing distance from this moron?

What about the next person who sits in that seat? I sure as H*ll don't want to sit on this man's bodily fluids. These days, that can be dangerous. Someone puts their hand on the seat to get up, etc and touches his fluid.

I am no puritan, but come on folks, what's up with the high fiving for this low life?
It's disgusting behavior, like a lot of other behavior that goes on at airports, on airplanes and other facilities used by those traveling by air, train, automobile, in carriage, on hoof or on foot.

I am not sure that is necessary and worthwhile to use federal and/or local law enforcement resources to respond to all claims asserting that disgusting behavior occurred.

Minor children in my family have been at various public facilities where disgusting behavior of various sorts is being done by some adult. If they notice it and/or inquire about it, it's a teaching moment about what is unacceptable behavior, why the behavior is unacceptable and what kind of measured reactions (if any) are appropriate.
GUWonder is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 6:22 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: DTW
Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Posts: 5,010
Originally Posted by alanR View Post
The term you are looking for is "cleaning his weapon" - though that might cause confusion
Would "skyjacking" be politically correct?
tev9999 is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 6:27 am
  #28  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 98,673
Originally Posted by SATTSO View Post
I kind of wonder, are all crimes commit while in flight "federal"? If 2 passengers get into a very quick fight, a few punches landed, would that be federal if the plane was in flight?
To the first question: no.

To the second question: under a lot of circumstances, but not all, yes.
GUWonder is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 6:36 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on the path to perdition
Programs: Delta, United
Posts: 4,462
Slightly tangent but in a discussion a while back with a friend who is NPS ranger I was told that within the CFRs there are no nudity laws. As such, if you want frolic in the nude in a National Park where only the CFR are enforced one can do so with out repercussions. However, going beyond that and you might get arrested.
FlyingUnderTheRadar is offline  
Old May 25, 11, 6:45 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,702
Originally Posted by tev9999 View Post
Would "skyjacking" be politically correct?
Snake on a Plane!
SATTSO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread