Upcoming 9 / 11, One month of fear?

Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:40 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Upcoming 9 / 11, One month of fear?

With America's obsession over the events of September 11th, and the tag line "9/11," I haven't noticed anyone comment on the fact that this year will be the 9th month of 2011, or 9/11 for the whole month of Sept.

I laugh when I'm in the airports and hear that your country is on code level Orange for hightened security, which I think is OK for California and Florida and maybe Hawaii (no, that would be code pineapple).

Anyway, Is September 2011 worthy of extra security? Them pumping the fear factor for a whole month could be a real pain in the butt.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'm sure DHS will come up with some sort of campaign to stir up public fear. Expect some propaganda from TSA about how no terrorists have attacked the US in ten years.. Maybe it will be a good time for them to do a dry-run with one of their employees..
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: QFF
America uses backwards dates. I doubt DHS would even make the connection.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
New York hotels are laughing, massive rate increases over the $300 per night
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
I have no doubt they will find a way to ratchet up the fear level. I will be traveling on that date(through JFK no less) and I'm not looking forward to it at all. If I see any ......... Honor guards, memorials or other self promoting schlock I'm gonna get sick and be extreme tempted to untie my tongue and give them a lashing they deserve for there acts of civil rights violations and treasonous acts.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
I have no doubt they will find a way to ratchet up the fear level. I will be traveling on that date(through JFK no less) and I'm not looking forward to it at all. If I see any ......... Honor guards, memorials or other self promoting schlock I'm gonna get sick and be extreme tempted to untie my tongue and give them a lashing they deserve for there acts of civil rights violations and treasonous acts.
You KNOW they will be out there. And, don't forget the moment of silence.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
9/11 is a political and F&P milking of the masses, we have soldiers dieing every day, and coming home to be ignored.

One day Islam will make a trophy of the mess, while the politicians continue with their dog and pony show..
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:11 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
With America's obsession over the events of September 11th, and the tag line "9/11," I haven't noticed anyone comment on the fact that this year will be the 9th month of 2011, or 9/11 for the whole month of Sept.
If there's going to be a heightened awareness, it'll be because it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11/01.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
Bolding mine:
You forgot perverted acts, like groping 6-year-old girls!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
You KNOW they will be out there. And, don't forget the moment of silence.
The TSA will probably break it with a "Code Bravo" exercise, I suspect!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:38 am

Otherwise known as 'Hate Month'. You must attend! (Unless you want to be flagged as 'disloyal')
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Various
I hope this is not ot but I need to ask a question. I will be visiting the US in September and will be in New York on the 11th. Would you advise against flying on that day if possible to avoid? Currently I am thinking of leaving for Flyover country on the 12th but the 11th would be better. I don't wish to meet the TSA more than necessary so if they are going to be worse than usual on that date I'll be waiting until the day after.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: SSSSS
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I hope this is not ot but I need to ask a question. I will be visiting the US in September and will be in New York on the 11th. Would you advise against flying on that day if possible to avoid? Currently I am thinking of leaving for Flyover country on the 12th but the 11th would be better. I don't wish to meet the TSA more than necessary so if they are going to be worse than usual on that date I'll be waiting until the day after.
I don't think you have to worry. While the TSA will be up to perhaps more than their usual shenanigans, the spice must flow.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I flew on 9/11/10, and saw nothing different.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Various
Good to know. Then I think I can stop thinking about TSA and worrying about what's important: scheduling and prices.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.