FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Smurf: "No one wants to see your sorry @ss naked!" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1200898-smurf-no-one-wants-see-your-sorry-ss-naked.html)

Superguy Apr 1, 2011 11:48 am

Smurf: "No one wants to see your sorry @ss naked!"

More belligerence at BWI tonight. :td:

Went thru BWI D checkpoint yesterday nwearing my "TSA wants to see me naked shirt." Some arrogant smurf started making some wise cracks that crossed the line, lacing them with vulgarity. I'm used to snarky comments and they largely don't bother me. However, this guy was way over the top. For reference, this guy was the moat dragon.

Started off normally with wise cracks which I didn't mind. "Check out my man's shirt" and he pointed it out to everyone else who chuckled. I didn't give him any reaction. He made a couple other wise guy comments about no one wanting to see me naked. I still ignored him. Fairly typical comments I get almost every time I wear it.

At that point he started getting belligerent. Before I walked thru the WTMD, he said (about the NoS) "I wish these f****** things would just burn down. I really do. That way, you people would just shut up and quit complaining about them." I ignored him again. I alarmed the WTMD as I forgot I had my cell phone on belt. Went back thru and asked if they had the little bowls. They didn't and moat dragon said "Just put it thru - we'll take care you. Just like you guys take care of us." I'm like ok, is that a veiled threat? I walk back thru and as I walked by he said "F*** you very much." It definitely wasn't thank you. I ignored him again. As I was picking up my belongings he's yells "No one wants to see your sorry @ss naked." Fortunately, no secondary, though I fully expected one from this guy.

That did it. Would have stopped to file a complaint right then, however, I was running short on time and I figured if I pushed the issue, I'd miss my flight no thanks to TSA and be stuck here until tomorrow. I filed a complaint this morning.

I heard him making some other smart aleck comments to other people too, but not nearly to the degree he made to me.

The other screeners were quiet. Didn't do anything but their job. Would have been nice if they would have told him to tone it down.

I don't mind the snarky comments. I'm used to them, and I find them amusing. However, there's no need to be dropping F bombs and otherwise cuss at pax. :td: What happened to "You don't professionalize before you federalize?" I was never cussed at by security before 9/11 - never had any issue either. And TSA wonders why we don't respect them. :rolleyes:

doober Apr 1, 2011 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 16142352)
At that point he started getting belligerent. Before I walked thru the WTMD, he said (about the NoS) "I wish these f****** things would just burn down. I really do. That way, you people would just shut up and quit complaining about them."

I find this comment to be very encouraging!

I do hope that you got his name.

Superguy Apr 1, 2011 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by doober (Post 16142422)
I find this comment to be very encouraging!

I do hope that you got his name.

I found it encouraging too.

Unfortunately, I didn't get his name. However, there were only 3 screeners working this line, and I got a very good description of him. Plus, he's the only one that would fit the description as the other two people were way different than him.

Complaint has been lodged.

On another note, I noticed last night that all lines at SLC T1 have the MMW NoS. Looks like I may have to opt out.

candi Apr 1, 2011 12:30 pm

This TSA goon that swore at you is actually the best thing to bring the TSA down. We need to keep them in their jobs so that they can harrass the general flying public.

We don't want polite, professional TSA staff; all they'll do is mollify the public and perpetuate security theatre.

I say, don't file that complaint next time, and let him stay in his job. The more he berates passengers and makes the TSA look unprofessional, the better it will be in the long run. Because everyone will hate the TSA™ then.

Wear that shirt and take the verbal abuse with aplomb because he's doing our job for us. :D

N965VJ Apr 1, 2011 12:31 pm

I walk back thru and as I walked by he said "F*** you very much." It definitely wasn't thank you. I ignored him again. As I was picking up my belongings he's yells "No one wants to see your sorry @ss naked."

Stay classy, TSA. :rolleyes: A private sector employee acting like that would find himself quickly unemployed.

MikeMpls Apr 1, 2011 12:33 pm

That way, you people would just shut up and quit complaining about them.

How could that be? According to their spokesholes, hardly anybody's complaining about them. :D

Global_Hi_Flyer Apr 1, 2011 12:55 pm

Not surprised that it's BWI.

kebosabi Apr 1, 2011 12:56 pm

Note to self: keep cell phone set to live UStream broadcast as I go through BWI the next time. :D That'll be the surefire way to get the guy fired.

Caradoc Apr 1, 2011 1:24 pm

The other screeners were quiet. Didn't do anything but their job. Would have been nice if they would have told him to tone it down.

What would you like to bet there's an internal Sooper Sekrit Inanity memo stating that any TSA employee "correcting" a co-worker in public will get fired?

sctn8gp Apr 1, 2011 1:37 pm

i'd love it if i had encountered this guy. his attitude and demeanor only confirms that what we need to take place is occurring. tso's are being fed up with the overall treatment they recieve from passengers. his remarks reflect burnout, and contempt towards passengers. my initial reaction would have been same as yours, file complaints and do everything possible to send this guy back to the drive-up window at mcdonalds.
on second thought, i would leave it alone. if the guy has the cajones to verbalize his trash thoughts to a passenger, he already has his head in the noose. i'd smile, thank him, and tell him to have a nice day.... and i will be taking fries with that!

Boggie Dog Apr 1, 2011 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by sctn8gp (Post 16143139)
i'd love it if i had encountered this guy. his attitude and demeanor only confirms that what we need to take place is occurring. tso's are being fed up with the overall treatment they recieve from passengers. his remarks reflect burnout, and contempt towards passengers. my initial reaction would have been same as yours, file complaints and do everything possible to send this guy back to the drive-up window at mcdonalds.
on second thought, i would leave it alone. if the guy has the cajones to verbalize his trash thoughts to a passenger, he already has his head in the noose. i'd smile, thank him, and tell him to have a nice day.... and i will be taking fries with that!

Don't want this type working at McD's or anywhere else for that matter. This is the type of person who will adulterate food.

The fact that other Airport Security Screeners stand around and allow this stuff to happen shows the lack of character of TSA employees.

Is it any wonder that anything TSA is FUBAR?

Superguy Apr 1, 2011 2:15 pm

Wish I could say this was April Fools but it wasn't.

I'm curious as to what TSA willsay about this guy. I did tell then they have a serious Bad Apple problem and these aren't Isolated Incidents.

Any screeners want to try to defend this guy? :D

Boggie Dog Apr 1, 2011 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 16143408)
Wish I could say this was April Fools but it wasn't.

I'm curious as to what TSA willsay about this guy. I did tell then they have a serious Bad Apple problem and these aren't Isolated Incidents.

Any screeners want to try to defend this guy? :D

They will probably promote him.

WindOfFreedom Apr 1, 2011 2:45 pm

The parodies are working.

Wally Bird Apr 1, 2011 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 16143408)
I'm curious as to what TSA will say about this guy.

This:

:mad: