Travel&Dining

Travel Safety/Security

Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues

ALLEGED: TSA Employee Arrested for Rape

ALLEGED: TSA Employee Arrested for Rape

Old Apr 1, 11, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by loops View Post
Uhm... I think he might be in jail for lack of bail and therefore quite late for his shift which would be sure to result in disciplinary actions or even <gasp> termination of employment. Regardless, if he's in jail, he's not working at the airport. I suppose there's been no rush to establish a collection for the purpose of raising the necessary funds for bail.
I'm willing to contribute to the commissary accounts of everyone on his cell block to ensure he is "properly" entertained...
Old Apr 2, 11, 5:29 pm

Charged

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestne...th-sex-assault

LONDONDERRY A TSA employee who worked at Manchester Boston Regional Airport has been arrested on five counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, according to police.

Police arrested Dwayne Valerio, 44, at his 192 Rockingham Road home on Friday, March 18, according to Lt. Robert Michaud. Police released few details on what led to his arrest, citing the alleged victim's age.

"The victim is a juvenile," he said.

Valerio is now being held on $50,000 cash or surety bail at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood, jail officials said.

"The offenses were to have been committed several years ago," Michaud said. "It was reported at a later time and the pursuant investigation led to the arrest of this gentleman."

Ann Davis, a TSA spokeswoman, said she could not discuss the individual case beyond a written statement.

"TSA cannot comment on an ongoing police investigation, however, we can assure travelers the charges against the individual are not related in any way to his employment with TSA," the statement said. "Upon his arrest, TSA took immediate action and the individual is no longer working at the airport."
I wonder just how much "fun" he had on the job.
Old Apr 3, 11, 1:55 am

How do they know the charges are not "related to his job"? What if he was motivated to get his job by his sexual perversion?
Old Apr 3, 11, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This person likely was feeling up people on the TSA job.

TSA's Ann Davis is delusional!
Old Apr 3, 11, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog View Post
This person likely was feeling up people on the TSA job.

TSA's Ann Davis is delusional!
I was under the impression that delusional was a hiring criteria...
Old Apr 4, 11, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by n4zhg View Post
I was under the impression that delusional was a hiring criteria...
That might be the optimistic scenario. As the saying goes "Murphy was an optimist"
Old Apr 4, 11, 4:27 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
You do realize that Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, Cops, Fire Fighters, Accountants, Sales Reps, etc.....also get charged/convicted of sex crimes.....?

All the background checks in the world aren't going to be able to weed out everyone....
Old Apr 4, 11, 6:48 am

Well, good point. So if a lawyer, copy, accountant, priest or any of these other professions tell me to spread my legs, I'll just point out that someone sometime from their profession was convicted of rape and refuse.
Old Apr 4, 11, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Bearcat06 View Post
You do realize that Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, Cops, Fire Fighters, Accountants, Sales Reps, etc.....also get charged/convicted of sex crimes.....?

All the background checks in the world aren't going to be able to weed out everyone....
The Constitution was written with great deliberation and remarkable foresight. The right of the people to be secure in their persons against unreasonable searches was recognized because sometimes authorities are less than pure in their motives for wanting to strip another person's body and/or paw at it.

The people from the aforementioned professions are subject to the Law of the Land. Unlike TSA thugs, they are arrested and charged if they disregard the 4th amendment.

Since our Federal Government has seen fit to elevate TSA thugs above the Law of the Land, our Federal Government is going to have to vet them more thoroughly. If the TSA thugs are to operate without regard for our Constitutional Rights, then each and every one of them must be of absolutely saintly character and reputation.

Of course, if our federal government has an attack of common sense and decency, and restores Americans' Constitutional rights in our nation's airports, the necessity of finding "perfect people" to work for the TSA would no longer exist.

Feeling decent or sensible yet Napolitano, Pistole & Obama?

No? didn't think so. Let us know if you ever do. We're willing to wait, at least until the next election cycle.
Old Apr 4, 11, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by goalie View Post
But was he fired or simply re-assigned? Sorry but this is yet another fine example of the TSA having no stones for not implementing a absolute zero tolerance policy and actually saying something like "the individual in question has had their employment with the TSA terminated"
Most likely the pervert protectors at TSA didn't do anything. The rapist isn't working anymore at the airport because he's where he, and all TSOs, belong - in a freekin' jail cell. Of course he's not at the airport.
Old Apr 4, 11, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bearcat06 View Post
All the background checks in the world won't help the TSA if they don't actually do them... or even make use of the information found in those background checks they actually perform.

TSA forces airport to issue security badge to convicted felon

TSA issues security badges to illegal aliens

But what should we expect from a collective of thieves, liars, molesters, and slope-foreheaded morons?
Old Apr 4, 11, 1:11 pm

TSA: Terrorist Slopehead Adminitration
Old Apr 4, 11, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ElizabethConley View Post
The Constitution was written with great deliberation and remarkable foresight. The right of the people to be secure in their persons against unreasonable searches was recognized because sometimes authorities are less than pure in their motives for wanting to strip another person's body and/or paw at it.... snip.....
^^^^^

Although I would add that the founders knew that NOBODY could be trusted with power at ANY TIME, for ANY reason. The 4th was written specifically to prevent abuses like TSA visual strip searches and sex organ groping.

I agree that TSA's welcoming into their ranks a number of employees with very low morals and very low intelligence only makes their abuse of power that much worse. I don't think that having a "saint" rub my testicles rather than a scumbag makes it any less an unjust imposition.
Old Apr 4, 11, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Caradoc View Post
All the background checks in the world won't help the TSA if they don't actually do them... or even make use of the information found in those background checks they actually perform.

TSA forces airport to issue security badge to convicted felon

TSA issues security badges to illegal aliens

But what should we expect from a collective of thieves, liars, molesters, and slope-foreheaded morons?
No only what you state but it seems clear to me that TSA has a very high tolerance for unacceptable performing employees. Otherwise managers would be on the floor supervising the employees rather than off hiding out in their offices.

My most recent screening problem was at DFW. After clearing screening I had to seek out the 3 stripper who appeared to be in charge of that checkpoint and he could have cared less about my issue.

TSA needs a thorough house cleaning of bad employees and make it known both inside TSA and outside TSA that no screening abuses will be tolerated.

Some leadership within TSA would go a long ways to getting things moving in the right direction.
Old Apr 5, 11, 2:06 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by Caradoc View Post
Your post...
You do realize TSA doesn't see the orginals that the company submitted to them don't you....? The get copies...... They run the SSN and nothing turns up criminally.....they are good to go.... The company that did this should have been charged in Federal court and held accountable. They damn sure knew they were illegal........

As for the convicted felon..... They were silly for doing that.....as he should have been fired in my book. If I was the FSD/Assistant FSD he'd been fired as soon as I found out he lied on his SF85/SF86 (which is a crime itself).

Not trying to defend them but as stated in my original post, crap happens. We had a town back in MO over on the STL side that got hood-winked by some dude posing as a Federal Cop. Dude ran around town for several weeks doing all sorts of stuff before he was finally caught.......

Search this Thread