Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

No wonder Pistole and Napolitano want more headcount

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

If they're going to have FOUR TSA employees doing nothing but standing around making sure that a man's view of his wife's groping is obscured by their XXL rear-ends they certainly need more people.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:40 am

One laggard to paw at his wife, 3-7 others to obscure his view of the process. Wow!

I guess more boots on the ground are needed...

...not!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gosh didn't Blogger Bob say it was ok to film the checkpoint as long as the xray monitors were not being filmed?

Was Blogger Bob telling the truth?

All evidence says he was not!

How can a dishonest person remained employed by government? Isn't that a clear and documented ethics violation not to mention a violation of the Oath taken to defend the United States Constitution?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I liked the TSO who was trying to 'casually' get the bins in the way of the camera.

The video is a perfect example of the culture of the TSA. Lie, deflect, deny.

Why does the TSA spend so much time and effort and our tax dollars on CYA?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tom M.
Why does the TSA spend so much time and effort and our tax dollars on CYA?
CTA. They aren't covering Yours. They're covering Theirs.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
Whenever I watch these videos I wonder why the detainee is passively standing by and not engaging or challenging their authority or sense of decency ...this bothers me as much as the abuse TSA is inflicting.

In this particular video one of the thugs threatens the pax can be detained until they miss their flight...what the hell is that...besides being vindictive and punishing? Arggg
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:08 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Did I see that right? While the supervisor is explaining to the husband that it is completely acceptable that he films and the only concern was the angle - at the same time the groping agent is audibly and visibly directing her co-workers on where to stand to block the camera? And yelling to someone to make sure the camera is off?

That's shockingly brazen, even for the TSA.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Did I see that right? While the supervisor is explaining to the husband that it is completely acceptable that he films and the only concern was the angle - at the same time the groping agent is audibly and visibly directing her co-workers on where to stand to block the camera? And yelling to someone to make sure the camera is off?

That's shockingly brazen, even for the TSA.
That's what I saw. They know the camera is legal, and they know it damns them in the public eye. They'll do whatever they can to prevent a photographic record of their perfidy.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What was shown on that video is, I strongly suspect, a prima facie First Amendment violation. If it had happened to me, I probably would have initiated a lawsuit (I'm not putting down the guy who shot the video -- as a lawyer, I have relatively easy and inexpensive access to the courts. Non-lawyers do not.).
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PTravel
What was shown on that video is, I strongly suspect, a prima facie First Amendment violation. If it had happened to me, I probably would have initiated a lawsuit (I'm not putting down the guy who shot the video -- as a lawyer, I have relatively easy and inexpensive access to the courts. Non-lawyers do not.).
Given the footage is dated March 2nd, 2011, I'd have to say:

A) Apparently a large portion of the TSA "front-liners" haven't gotten the memo about cameras being acceptable at the checkpoint,

B) We'll be seeing more meaningless drivel from Bloghdad Bob and his minions about photography and cameras,

C) A lawsuit probably isn't out of the question given the statement that he's going to be trying to get the actual CCTV footage for that checkpoint for the incident in question.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElizabethConley
That's what I saw. They know the camera is legal, and they know it damns them in the public eye. They'll do whatever they can to prevent a photographic record of their perfidy.
I'm betting TSA HQ knows about this and no corrective actions will be taken against the individual screeners, the TSA managers at this airport nor anywhere else within TSA.

Just how corrupt can an agency get before corrective action is taken.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by PTravel

the groper female TSA agent is openly and actively directing the male agents to obstruct the camera. She should be fired.

In addition to this, the male agents are watching one female grope another. This should bother folks.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:47 pm

Though on the other hand, that one supervisor was correct, and you could see it in the video itself: from that first angle the guy was standing at, you could see the x-ray screens (2:46), and the screening manager (I'm assuming that's who the gentleman in the suit was) certainly knew what the deal was about it not being against any rules to film the checkpoint (the man with the camera actually thanked him at the start of the video). At least that was legitimate.

For the rest? Wow.

Just... wow.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Absolutely wrong on all counts and this video needs to be shared with the media and a formal complaint needs to be filed against the TSA. The husband/bf pax did not interfere with the screening process at all-the 3-5 TSO's who were attempting to block the video did

Also, will someone please clarify what the procedure/policy is for soldiers in uniform and if they have to remove their shoes-or in this case, their boots. At approximately 3:50 into the video, a male soldier in camis is seen walking thru wearing his boots (or so it appears if you play it very slowly). At about 4:00-4:05 there is a shot of the same soldier collecting his belongings and wearing his boots and there is n-f-w that he could put his boots back on and lace them up in less than 10 seconds so I say his boots were in fact on/not removed as he went thru the checkpoint. So again I ask, what is the policy or does the fact that anyone wearing a "soldier suit" make them exempt from removing their boots/shoes?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HSVTSO Dean
Though on the other hand, that one supervisor was correct, and you could see it in the video itself: from that first angle the guy was standing at, you could see the x-ray screens (2:46), and the screening manager (I'm assuming that's who the gentleman in the suit was) certainly knew what the deal was about it not being against any rules to film the checkpoint (the man with the camera actually thanked him at the start of the video). At least that was legitimate.

For the rest? Wow.

Just... wow.
Those are your people Dean, aren't you proud?

edit to add:

That is how the public sees TSA employees. Should explain why you get no respect.

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Mar 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.