Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

No wonder Pistole and Napolitano want more headcount

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No wonder Pistole and Napolitano want more headcount

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I've also had a PM from someone who claims to work at a TSA checkpoint who stated that people are not allowed to take video of their "procedures", including patdowns.
Don't you just love how the TSA thinks their policies override U.S. Supreme Court decisions?

If someone or something is in public view, there is no expectation of privacy. Period.

If the TSA wants their precious x-ray monitors shielded from public view, put a screen on the monitor or a privacy shield around the monitor so that it can't be seen unless you are directly looking at it from lest than 2-3 feet away.

What a despicable agency and what a bunch of self-absorbed clowns running the checkpoints.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Wow

What a bunch of professional agents I especially like the clerk that said they can hold them all day long

What is going on with these idiots? I really would like to see the explanation from Blogger Bob

What the hell is the clerk with the bins doing? I thought Blogger Bob said we can record at the checkpoint?

http://blog.tsa.gov/2009/03/can-i-ta...point-and.html

As the guy says in the video "Welcome to Amerika"
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:32 am

Isn't this a real life replay of Zimbardo's theory in the 70's? Put people in the TSO role and they will AUTOMATICALLY become disdainful for those who have to conform to their orders? Philip G Zimbardo predicted all this.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've also had a PM from someone who claims to work at a TSA checkpoint who stated that people are not allowed to take video of their "procedures", including patdowns.

I think "truth" is a rather flexible concept at TSA. "Truth" is whatever suits the individual at the moment. It was convenient for BB to say what he said, and it's convenient for the smurfs to do whatever they want at their own checkpoint.
You're rather kind in how you characterize TSA's concept of truth.

Perhaps someone can encourage our TSA folks to pick up a dictionary and look the word up.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am completely unsurprised that someone claiming to be a TSA employee would make such a statement.

They're either deliberately lying, or they're just too effing stupid to be allowed to reproduce.

And that covers both categories of TSA employees - evil, or stupid. Pick one.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Forwarding such video with a complaint letter to our elected federal legislators seems just the right thing to do. Sending it as a video tape to the Capitol Hill office building addresses relevant to your representatives in DC may at least get it a bit more attention than a simple letter.

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
the groper female TSA agent is openly and actively directing the male agents to obstruct the camera. She should be fired.

In addition to this, the male agents are watching one female grope another. This should bother folks.
Exactly. Based on the video, it's hard not to conclude that the TSA is a bloated farce of a workforce that gets too easily distracted from focusing on the search for contraband weapons, explosives, incendiaries.

The TSA female groper clearly failed to focus on the job at hands and is instead obsessed about an ordinary citizen's camera recording images that are in plain public view, camera or not, of ordinary citizens (read: persons not government employed).
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:24 am

TSA threatens arrest and block video of search

Here's a video uploaded on 3/9/11 showing an incident on 3/2/11. A woman is literally surrounded by three male TSA thugs. They form a line in front of her husband as he attempts to video the search, blocking the camera with their bodies and, later, a grey scanner tray.

Apparently security required the diversion of at least three goons to do this from whatever else they may have been doing as America's Last Line of Defense in the Global War on Terrorism®.

Last edited by Cartoon Peril; Mar 11, 2011 at 6:25 am Reason: no edit
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:33 am
Suspended

Being discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...headcount.html
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Cartoon Peril
Here's a video uploaded on 3/9/11 showing an incident on 3/2/11. A woman is literally surrounded by three male TSA thugs. They form a line in front of her husband as he attempts to video the search, blocking the camera with their bodies and, later, a grey scanner tray.

Apparently security required the diversion of at least three goons to do this from whatever else they may have been doing as America's Last Line of Defense in the Global War on Terrorism®.
Interesting that you some TSA at the scene telling him he could video the 'search' of his wife and others saying he can't and trying to block him. These people are clearly thugs and there only real interest after intimidation was to make sure they didn't hit youtube. I found their behavior reprehensible.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Those are your people Dean, aren't you proud?

edit to add:

That is how the public sees TSA employees. Should explain why you get no respect.
I don't defend the TSA but don't blame Dean for this one. He gave an honest and appropriate response to this.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by gojirasan
I'd like to try taping "kick me" signs to their butts. Or is that too juvenile?
How many trees would you have to cut down to cover those butts with paper?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyless
He gave an honest and appropriate response to this.
"Wow?" Is that the response you were looking at?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't defend the TSA but don't blame Dean for this one. He gave an honest and appropriate response to this.
I didn't blame Dean, I just pointed out this is who he works for.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:19 am

I don't see the court reaching the constitutional issues

OOPS -- wrong thread!

Last edited by Cartoon Peril; Mar 11, 2011 at 7:22 am Reason: oops, wrong thread
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: WN A-list, TSA-D Silver
Interesting that you some TSA at the scene telling him he could video the 'search' of his wife and others saying he can't and trying to block him. These people are clearly thugs and there only real interest after intimidation was to make sure they didn't hit youtube. I found their behavior reprehensible.
He should have made sure to say their names for the recording.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.