Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA Employee Attacked Gift Shop Worker, Police Say

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Employee Attacked Gift Shop Worker, Police Say

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Caradoc
One would hope that the felony battery conviction shows up on a background check, no?
Why would that prevent him from being rehired?

Battery is listed on a resume as related work experience.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
It's a known fact that one bad apple spoils the whole barrel.
At a certain point, you're better off just hauling the entire barrel off to the dump.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
At a certain point, you're better off just hauling the entire barrel off to the dump.
Or possibly just detonating it in place.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I don't disagree.

What this goes back to are claims by various TSA spokesholes that the actions of one employee doesn't reflect on the others.

I completely disagree with this concept. When enough employees engage in behaviors that are contrary to accepted standards the actions of a few impact all employees.

In this week alone enough TSA employees have been charged with crimes or engaged in behavior which will likely lead to criminal charges that must bring into question the hiring and supervision of TSA employees.

Something is deeply wrong at TSA.

TSA does not deserve the respect or cooperation of the public.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:48 pm
Suspended

In this week alone enough TSA employees have been charged with crimes or engaged in behavior which will likely lead to criminal charges that must bring into question the hiring and supervision of TSA employees.
Comparing the number of TSA employees being charged with crimes to the number of terrorists they've caught results in a DIV/0! error.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Comparing the number of TSA employees being charged with crimes to the number of terrorists they've caught results in a DIV/0! error.
That's what I thought: an imaginary number.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:53 pm

I don't disagree.

What this goes back to are claims by various TSA spokesholes that the actions of one employee doesn't reflect on the others.

I completely disagree with this concept. When enough employees engage in behaviors that are contrary to accepted standards the actions of a few impact all employees.

Something is deeply wrong at TSA.

TSA does not deserve the respect or cooperation of the public.
There needs to be extensive scrutiny of exactly what kind of people the TSA is hiring and what kind of person they eventually retain. It looks like they scrape the bottom of the barrel in the first place, then the more ethical and psycho-socially well of those newly hired employees move on at first opportunity.

That leaves the U.S. flying public to deal with the most badly educated, mentally disturbed and least ethical bunch of knuckle-draggers the Federal Government has ever hired.

Imagine what it must have been like for decent people to work with these two crooked TSA employees for years at a time. I bet they made life difficult for anyone who wasn't willing to look the other way or participate in their scams. That's what "bad apples" do. They actively work to spoil the whole barrel.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA,AS,UA,Hyatt,Hilton
One would hope that the felony battery conviction shows up on a background check, no?
He would have to have a pretty crappy lawyer to plea bargain his case up from a misdemeanor to a felony.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Top Tier
He would have to have a pretty crappy lawyer to plea bargain his case up from a misdemeanor to a felony.
It's not uncommon for a lesser charge to be filed with the option to go for the felony as evidence is uncovered.

I just doubt that this genius will actually do any time - as with most of the other cases where a TSA employee screws up, not much will happen to them.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Top Tier
Unless perhaps his lawyer is that federal judge who now works as a TSA screening supervisor.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
How many hundreds of "bad apples" and "isolated incidents" are we up to now? (The ones we know about...)
Another one for my list on the TSA Criminal Activity Thread.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ElizabethConley
Since they realized just how eager we are to see their budget cut and just how willing our legislators are to humor us and do a bit of cutting.
Cut?

Cut?

Try "zeroed out", as in no paychecks for smurfs, enjoy your 99 weeks of unemployment as you discover no one will hire you with TSA on your resume.

If I had to choose between hiring a meth addict and a former TSO, I'd take my chances with the meth head.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by n4zhg
Try "zeroed out", as in no paychecks for smurfs, enjoy your 99 weeks of unemployment as you discover no one will hire you with TSA on your resume.

If I had to choose between hiring a meth addict and a former TSO, I'd take my chances with the meth head.
I don't think unemployment is an option for people terminated with cause - as should be anyone who's worked for the TSA in any capacity since October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.