of Management and Budget; shall not be exempt from Federal passenger
and baggage screening
Injected into the bill by New Hampshire Senator Judd Gregg ^^

This can't be anything but good.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/appendix.pdf

Page 506
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
if this survives, karma will finally bite back finally.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: Frontier EarlyReturns
Hooray! This is very good news.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Scubatooth
if this survives, karma will finally bite back finally.
^

I wonder how fast things will change, if the sticks! I'd love to see the US AG being groped and scanned.. Perhaps we'll have some new "rules"
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:13 pm

I hate to burst your collective bubble but it states screening. It does not say that the screening they go through will be the same screening ppl that still fly will go through. Just another attempt at misdirection.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by deldel
I hate to burst your collective bubble but it states screening. It does not say that the screening they go through will be the same screening ppl that still fly will go through. Just another attempt at misdirection.
How about:

The HSA Secretary and TSA Administrator must be strip searched by the other passengers on each flight they take, and have their genitals groped by those passengers. Intensity, scope, and duration of these searches are left to the individual passenger's own discretion (aka SSI procedures). Passengers are not to take any pictures, but we'll take their word for honoring this restriction.
quoting myself, for effect....
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Budget? Gimme More.

Did Gregg forget how Washington works operates? Prediction: coming tomorrow:

To Congress
Fm J Pistole
Re Effects of Proposed Amendment
TSA currently screens 2 million passengers per day. Current staffing levels cannot handle the increased workload this amendment will create. If you pass it please include another $3.37 Billion in the TSA budget to hire the 10,000 additional TSOs we will need to screen the additional 20 passengers per day. Thank you.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by deldel
Except that it says FEDERAL passenger and baggage screening. IMO that means that all categories cited go through exactly the same federally mandated screening process that everyone must endure.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by doober
Except that it says FEDERAL passenger and baggage screening. IMO that means that all categories cited go through exactly the same federally mandated screening process that everyone must endure.

God I hope so.

I was deeply discouraged when both of my Senators voted for the "Patriot" Act measures extension yesterday. I had high hopes for them. My congressman voted against these same measures last week.

If they're going to degrade the lives of their constituents "out of an abundance of caution", then they shouldn't be able to "opt out" until they grant us the same.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:29 pm

Remember The Contract for America? The part that said Congress' laws should apply equally to members of Congress? Never happened, did it? Pardon my skepticism about this latest example of grandstanding. Watch it quietly disappear from any final version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.