Touching face and hair -- what is point?

Old Feb 12, 11, 11:30 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by eyecue View Post
And the face does not get touched
prove it...
Old Feb 12, 11, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CavePearl View Post
In my opinion, it is by far the most disgusting part of the groping I received at all three airports.
Yet TSA persists. They will claim that you are exaggerating, or overly emotional, or whatever.

I would invite any government agent who wishes to assert that combing one's fingers through a stranger's hair is not offensive to perform the same act on the next stranger they meet at a coffee shop or on a bus, and record the reaction, possibly with the necessity of using one of those little golf pencils which are the only writing implement permitted in jails.
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD View Post
prove it...
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by CavePearl View Post
My hair is short and bone straight. In the last two weeks my hair has been stroked at SAT, HOU, and HRL. In my opinion, it is by far the most disgusting part of the groping I received at all three airports. If a screener was actually looking at me for hidden items, it would be obvious that there is absolutely no way anything could be in my hair. In all three cases it was nothing more that the screeners "just following the rules." And we call passengers "sheeples?" I say the true sheeples are the TSA screeners.
They're sheep.

We're cowards.

I can't wait for SSI and medi-care cuts to hit in 2013/2014... that's when the fireworks go off...

You should all THANK the TSA for conditioning people for abuse
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:27 am

I think this whole problem could be solved if TSA hired hot czech and south african women to molest the fat American men.
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:40 am

Programs: AA, WN RR
Originally Posted by zefatcheese View Post
I think this whole problem could be solved if TSA hired hot czech and south african women to molest the fat American men.
Especially if we American men could in return grope the hot Czech and South African women TSA screeners! If that regimen were allowed with TSA screeners who look like Veronika Zemanova or Charlize Theron, maybe the patdowns would be less objectionable.
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by eyecue View Post
Nice post! And the face does not get touched
And neither do crotches, testicles, labia, breasts, buttocks. And the backscatter machines do not see under the clothing to the naked body of the person being scanned.

Thanks, I feel better already. I'll go cancel my train tickets and start flying again.
Old Feb 13, 11, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nachtnebel View Post
And neither do crotches, testicles, labia, breasts, buttocks. And the backscatter machines do not see under the clothing to the naked body of the person being scanned.

Thanks, I feel better already. I'll go cancel my train tickets and start flying again.
You know? Before the gropings started, I don't think any of us ever knew that we had a body part called "resistance."
Old Feb 13, 11, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much View Post
You know? Before the gropings started, I don't think any of us ever knew that we had a body part called "resistance."
The 'resistance' charges up the Ho Chi Minh Trail...
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much View Post
^^

he he he. I'll never read the phrase "French resistance" in the same way ever again....
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:40 pm

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by phoebepontiac View Post
Bad guys in movies are always snapping people's necks with just their hands. That's a real thing, isn't it?
With good upper body strength and the correct angle, it can be done, but the average Joe (or Jane) is not going to have that technical expertise.
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by gsoltso View Post
but the average Joe (or Jane) is not going to have that technical expertise.

are terrorists the average Joe or Jane?

How can you tell the average Joe or Jane from other passengers?
Old Feb 13, 11, 12:49 pm

I flew out of an airport in the DRC that got attacked by a motley gang of ''rebels'', and even then, DESPITE AN ARMED ATTACK ON THE AIRPORT ITSELF, I didn't even get a pat-down.

Why? Because they KNEW I wasn't a threat.

Their threat was in the bush, with an AK and rubber boots...
Old Feb 13, 11, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by zefatcheese View Post
I flew out of an airport in the DRC that got attacked by a motley gang of ''rebels'', and even then, DESPITE AN ARMED ATTACK ON THE AIRPORT ITSELF, I didn't even get a pat-down.

Why? Because they KNEW I wasn't a threat.

Their threat was in the bush, with an AK and rubber boots...
That's probably because common sense hasn't been educated out of them, as it has been in the TSA leadership.
Old Feb 13, 11, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nachtnebel View Post
That's probably because common sense hasn't been educated out of them, as it has been in the TSA leadership.
I think you're being a little too specific.

It's also been educated out of the TSA front-liners - assuming they had any to begin with, which may not be a safe assumption as they'd have jobs somewhere else, right?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: