Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Touching face and hair -- what is point?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It's pointless.. Just like the clerks that pat-down bare arms/legs
It may not be pointless, but if not I hope it is not purposeful. Abuse of the hair, think military induction and prison lice checks, are done to exert authority and coerce submission.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I would much rather have people's hair touched than risk explosives being carried on board under a wig/turban/other head covering.

Can someone please explain how else you check these places without touching them?

No 'intimacy issue' is worth an explosive decompression at 35,000 feet, or death.

It's irrelevant whether they have caught someone or not yet. We don't know when the first incident will happen.

Perhaps the solution is to have a two tiered system. Planes with security, and planes without. I know which one I'd rather be on. And i know which one would make the more likely target for someone wishing to bring the plane down.

I don't get the need to stroke someone's face though. I would still like to see the written links that the OP mentioned to see the circumstances under which this happened.
Here we go again..."Anything for security".

I don't wear a turban, a hat, a wig, etc. I have long dark hair, clearly my own, growing out of my own scalp. The OP talked about stroking hair, not turbans, etc.

As to the rest of it, what kind of link do you want? I said it in my previous post. I have had the disgusting face stroke, on more than one occasion. You want me to create a web page or post a blog so you can read it instead of reading this post? Would that make it somehow more credible for you?

Last edited by Mimi111; Feb 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:06 pm

, or death.
Your going to die anyway.

Letting TSA abuse you sexually and in other ways will not prevent your death.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I would much rather have people's hair touched than risk explosives being carried on board under a wig/turban/other head covering.

Can someone please explain how else you check these places without touching them?

No 'intimacy issue' is worth an explosive decompression at 35,000 feet, or death.

It's irrelevant whether they have caught someone or not yet. We don't know when the first incident will happen.

Perhaps the solution is to have a two tiered system. Planes with security, and planes without. I know which one I'd rather be on. And i know which one would make the more likely target for someone wishing to bring the plane down.

I don't get the need to stroke someone's face though. I would still like to see the written links that the OP mentioned to see the circumstances under which this happened.
I find myself in the odd position of agreeing with you. I, too, think it would nice to have security/no security choice. You and I would just end up on different flights.

As it is now, you can have your choice, while I can not.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:12 pm

What if someone hides explosives in their anus, or stomach, or vagina?

Do you have the same stance of other, much more significant risks in your life?

For instance, if everyone was required to drive 10 mph on the freeway, there'd be far fewer fatal accidents. Even better, cars that go faster than 10 mph could be made illegal to sell or possess. After all, you're protecting the motoring public from a known risk (one of the biggest killers in the U.S.).

Life involves risk. The risk of being blown up in an airplane was amazingly small before 9/11, it remains amazingly small. Common-sense airport security measures are fine, but strip-searching everyone and touching them in intimate and uncomfortable ways is not warranted given the risk.

Let's make everything a two-tiered system. Malls with airport-style security and malls without. Same with sporting venues, public transportation, schools, apartment complexes.....

Your suggestion is silly. Just because there are people that have a problem rationalizing risk doesn't mean that the rest of us have to suffer.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I find myself in the odd position of agreeing with you. I, too, think it would nice to have security/no security choice. You and I would just end up on different flights.

As it is now, you can have your choice, while I can not.
+1 ^
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
Imagine my confusion when they touch my shaved, bald head every time I get a selected for a secondary or opt out.
You might try the line I have used on numerous screening clerks in the past when they have wanded my bare legs while wearing shorts: "Do you realize how stupid you look <wanding/groping/fondling> bare skin?"
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Mimi111
Here we go again...I don't wear a turban, a hat, a wig, etc. I have long dark hair, clearly my own, growing out of my own scalp. The OP talked about stroking hair, not turbans, etc.

As to the rest of it, what kind of link do you want? I said it in my previous post. I have had the disgusting face stroke, on more than one occasion. You want me to create a web page and post a blog so you can read it instead of reading this post? Would that make it somehow more credible for you?
Mimi111 - my questions were directed to the OP.

The OP talked about stroking hair (etc) and [quote] numerous accounts of stroking faces. I would like to read those and see under what circumstances the events took place. I would like to ascertain the valididty of the claims.

Sirdatary - while 10mph is slow, there are several european (scandinavian) countries where the metro speed limit is 20pkh, or around 13mph. Done for safety reasons. With heavy fines to back it up.

The very clear difference is that a terrorist is making a concerted effort to harm me. My fellow road users are not. They could hide explosives internally, that is a risk. but i would prefer to fly knowing that the other risks 9hiding it under a wig, in underwear etc) are minimized.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:01 pm

Mimi111 - my questions were directed to the OP.

The OP talked about stroking hair (etc) and numerous accounts of stroking faces. I would like to read those and see under what circumstances the events took place. I would like to ascertain the valididty of the claims.

Sirdatary- while 10mph is slow, there are several european (scandinavian) countries where the metro speed limit is 20pkh, or around 13mph. Done for safety reasons. With heavy fines to back it up.

The very clear difference is that a terrorist is making a concerted effort to harm me. My fellow road users are not. They could hide explosives internally, that is a risk. but i would prefer to fly knowing that the other risks 9hiding it under a wig, in underwear etc) are minimized.
You've either:
1. Not understood what I said
2. Entirely dismissed it
3. Called me a liar

Not sure which of the three it is but it doesn't really matter. I don't think you are in a position to judge another person's experiences or their reaction to them.

The terrorists aren't making a concerted effort to harm you personally. Actually, they don't care about you.

Often times it's about society as a whole, a way of life, in protest of a government or a nation's foreign policy, etc. The "terrorists" that TSA (by a TSOs own words and TSAs actions, don't interest them) are "protecting" you from, don't need to do a thing, they have already won. They have people running scared, being assaulted without protest, wasting their time, wasting their money, and giving up their rights.

What they aim to do is change your way of life and scare you. Guess what, they did it.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:02 pm

[QUOTE=LHR/MEL/Europe FF;15848694]Mimi111 - my questions were directed to the OP.

The OP talked about stroking hair (etc) and
numerous accounts of stroking faces. I would like to read those and see under what circumstances the events took place. I would like to ascertain the valididty of the claims.

Sirdatary - while 10mph is slow, there are several european (scandinavian) countries where the metro speed limit is 20pkh, or around 13mph. Done for safety reasons. With heavy fines to back it up.

Your preferences should not result in my wife's crotch being looked at or felt up and her face and hair felt over.

If terrorists want to attack and kill, they can pretty much pick their target here. Enjoy your delusions of safety. Maybe you'll prove us wrong and live forever.

I myself couldn't look in the mirror if I did what you folks do to other people.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:02 pm

You'll note that I was referring to freeway speeds, not city streets.

And you think that airplanes are the only mode that terrorists will ever use to hurt you...?

See my above examples above... malls, schools, sporting events, apartment complexes, public transportation.

Tell me... do all the passengers on the London Underground get put through the nude-o-scope and get their faces, hair, and genitals caressed?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by sirdatary
Tell me... do all the passengers on the London Underground get put through the nude-o-scope and get their faces, hair, and genitals caressed?
Well, look at all the changes which were put in place on the Tube system after 7/7....
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: SWA A List
Originally Posted by nachtnebel
again, does anyone do this besides the TSA? what a sick bunch.
Rapists do. They often stroke their victim's face during the rape.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:30 pm

Location: Northern California, in the redwoods, on the ocean.
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I, too, think it would nice to have security/no security choice. You and I would just end up on different flights.
Ink, please save me a seat on YOUR plane.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by exbayern
Well, look at all the changes which were put in place on the Tube system after 7/7....
Yeah, they put the fares up every year to try and price terrorists off the system

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.