Touching face and hair -- what is point?

Old Feb 20, 11, 4:55 pm
  #226  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern California, in the redwoods, on the ocean.
Posts: 437
Originally Posted by loops View Post
More so when you consider that some of these elderly people are veterans of WWII (or whom lived during that period in history) who made extraordinary sacrifices in defense of democracy and freedom. I have friends of this age and know what they are thinking. It would be interesting to hear more from this demographic about what they really think of the entire situation.
We think it bloody well stinks. We think the people at the top either don't know what they're doing to us or just don't give a damn.

A famous cartoonist for the New York Times --James Thurber, I believe--said it best. The mother at the dinner table had obviously been trying to convince her little boy that the sodden green mess on his plate was good for him, that he should eat it. The kid replied, "Well, I say it's spinach, and I say the hell with it!" Anyone who remembers this cartoon probably agrees with me about today's Theater of the Simply Absurd.
WindOfFreedom is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 4:57 pm
  #227  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 389
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry1775 View Post
Perhaps this location is to protect TSA clerks from a (justifiably) aggrieved passenger who chooses to avenge shameful treatment at the hands (literally) of TSA clerks, who are government employees and thus theoretically "civil servants". Yes, what a quaint term, "civil servants".
I wouldn't go that far, this is not Libya. I have seen fully armed (automatic weapons) soldiers or SWAT patrolling the airport in Hong Kong. Apparently we don't want that in the U.S. But given the number of shootings by nutters in this country, and the crowding caused, at least in part, by TSA's current security regime, one has to be prepared for something like this.
Cartoon Peril is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 5:20 pm
  #228  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: AA, WN RR
Posts: 3,122
Originally Posted by Cartoon Peril View Post
I wouldn't go that far, this is not Libya. I have seen fully armed (automatic weapons) soldiers or SWAT patrolling the airport in Hong Kong. Apparently we don't want that in the U.S. But given the number of shootings by nutters in this country, and the crowding caused, at least in part, by TSA's current security regime, one has to be prepared for something like this.
When McVeigh and Nichols bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, it is safe to say the overwhelmingly vast majority of Americans were disgusted by this terrorist attack. However, if someone were to attack a TSA checkpoint after clerks/smurfs terrorized a loved one by a sexual assault-grope, including stroking his/her face and/or hair, many objective people would sympathize with the victim.

The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting.
PatrickHenry1775 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 11, 5:59 pm
  #229  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: in the sky
Posts: 490
Originally Posted by WindOfFreedom View Post
We think it bloody well stinks. We think the people at the top either don't know what they're doing to us or just don't give a damn.

A famous cartoonist for the New York Times --James Thurber, I believe--said it best. The mother at the dinner table had obviously been trying to convince her little boy that the sodden green mess on his plate was good for him, that he should eat it. The kid replied, "Well, I say it's spinach, and I say the hell with it!" Anyone who remembers this cartoon probably agrees with me about today's Theater of the Simply Absurd.
Thank you WindOfFreedom , the breath of fresh air is much appreciated ^. I've seen that cartoon and agree with your sentiments. I have a number of friends of this age (though I am not). One man was a fighter pilot in WWII who pursued a career in aviation and still flies... Another a flight instructor who'd learned to fly in WWII. The war ended before he fought, but he later became a civilian flight instructor for the USAF during the Korean Conflict and is giving flight instruction (Spin training, upset recovery and aerobatic maneuvering) to this day. Another was too young for WWII, but became a pilot for Eastern Airlines and during the Viet Nam era, transported, in his words, "young men over and old men back". He died a few years ago and I am still friends with his widow who is losing her vision due to macular degeneration. I would feel absolutely mortified to see any of these people I have so much respect for subjected to the indignities of the contemporary "check point". Then again, I feel pretty awful that anyone should.

Last edited by loops; Feb 20, 11 at 8:42 pm Reason: clarification
loops is offline  
Old Feb 25, 11, 5:15 pm
  #230  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greensboro
Programs: TSA
Posts: 2,238
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry1775 View Post
When McVeigh and Nichols bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, it is safe to say the overwhelmingly vast majority of Americans were disgusted by this terrorist attack. However, if someone were to attack a TSA checkpoint after clerks/smurfs terrorized a loved one by a sexual assault-grope, including stroking his/her face and/or hair, many objective people would sympathize with the victim.

The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting.
I disagree, I think that the folks that are blind in their condemnation and throw hatred out at the agency would think that way, but objective folks would be just as upset over that as any other senseless shooting or attack.

You are correct, Duck hunting was simply an added bonus.
gsoltso is offline  
Old Feb 25, 11, 5:36 pm
  #231  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 389
Originally Posted by gsoltso View Post
... objective folks would be just as upset over that as any other senseless shooting or attack..
Agreed. What is needed here is effective security. We disagree about what is effective. That is all this is about.
Cartoon Peril is offline  
Old Feb 25, 11, 6:08 pm
  #232  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 299
While I may have strong negative feelings about the TSA, most of the TSA employees who post here seem like decent people on a personal level and I would certainly wish them no harm and I think I'm pretty objective, I find that some accounts here where people take offence at a TSA employees actions, it seems to me the TSO was actually trying to be nice. However I feel DHS and TSA are causing a large number of people a great deal of personal misery and are destroying this country from within in the name of safety.

Last edited by I'd Rather Walk; Feb 25, 11 at 9:20 pm
I'd Rather Walk is offline  
Old Feb 25, 11, 11:28 pm
  #233  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry1775 View Post
When McVeigh and Nichols bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, it is safe to say the overwhelmingly vast majority of Americans were disgusted by this terrorist attack. However, if someone were to attack a TSA checkpoint after clerks/smurfs terrorized a loved one by a sexual assault-grope, including stroking his/her face and/or hair, many objective people would sympathize with the victim.

The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting.
If we can't get this turned around, and our government institutionalizes and expands the strip search and sexual assault regime, there will be violence, pure and simple. Because the violence now being done to persons in the strip search and sexual gropes will generate reciprocation of itself. That is the history of mankind.

However, this evil has been in full bloom only a few months, and already cases are in the courts. It would be foolish to resort to violence at this stage when normal remedies are available and are being pursued with good hope of success.

civil disobedience, now that is another matter. anything to give the lie to TSA's claim that everyone just LOVES being seen naked in that obscene pose, and just LOVES being fondled in their private parts by some cave troll.
nachtnebel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: