Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

recent experiences with Keurig k-cups in carry-on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

With the recent lunacy that reigns supreme, I am wondering if anyone has traveled with loose k-cups in their carry-on bags. Obviously the containers are sealed, but it is not like traveling with cellophane-sealed food items. BUT...if they open the container to verify it was actually coffee waiting to be brewed, it basically ruins the k-cup.

I was looking at carrying three or four of them on the next trip out to LAS since Caesars has got the Keurigs in the room (but charging extra for the k-cups) and, presuming I can get them through the checkpoint, I would rather carry a small handful than pay what Caesars wants for them (they were charging three or four bucks PER k-cup).
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:28 pm

My real concern is once you get to Caesars Palace, give the K-Cup holder in the coffee machine a good rinse in the sink to insure any potential gunk is removed AND then give your coffee cups a good pre-wash prior to using them. Hotels, even the best are not so good in exchanging dirty cups with clean cups. The maids just rinse and wipe with the prior guests towels.

I think that traveling with K-cups in your hand carried baggage should not be an issue but if you do check luggage, put them in those bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.