Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Founder David Neeleman shills for CLEAR, states anything for security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Founder David Neeleman shills for CLEAR, states anything for security

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Thumbs down JetBlue Founder David Neeleman shills for CLEAR, states anything for security

Just saw David Neeleman on Cavuto and he was shilling his service and saying "pat me down and strip search me ... I want to be safe." The interview will likely be on Cavuto's website later today.

One point he did make and was probably true - if something were to happen a lot of sheeple would fall back into line and beg to be patted down.

At least he admitted CLEAR was only for getting to the front of the line and wouldn't exempt you from security. Biometrics and a cost is a lot to ask just to get to the head of the line IMO.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: Frontier EarlyReturns
He's an idiot, but he no longer holds many shares of JetBlue, so it doesn't affect his finances anymore to be an idiot.

If the airlines were smart, they'd pay close attention to stories like this one:
http://travel.usatoday.com/destinati...ening/131373/1

94% of Thanksgiving travelers are driving rather than flying this year, which is a decade high. The number of fliers is up 3.5%, but the number of drivers is up 12%.

People are increasingly opting out of flying altogether, and this should be very scary for the airlines, which have very slim profit margins as it is.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What a stupid fool.

He couldn't run an airline properly, and it's apparent he doesn't know anything about aviation security either.

Maybe he should stop commenting on aviation matters and go open a Quizno's franchise.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
What a stupid fool.

He couldn't run an airline properly, and it's apparent he doesn't know anything about aviation security either.

Maybe he should stop commenting on aviation matters and go open a Quizno's franchise.
And he's trying to start another airline in Brazil.

I wonder if he's subjected to the same stupidity in Brazil, and if he feels less safe if he doesn't.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: Vanishing
I agree, what a stupid fool. I just wrote them and canceled my FF status with them. Never again will I set my foot in one of their aircraft.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by L-1011
I agree, what a stupid fool. I just wrote them and canceled my FF status with them. Never again will I set my foot in one of their aircraft.
This WN VP certainly has more cojones:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...eckpoints.html
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: Frontier EarlyReturns
^ Good work! Hopefully the message will resonate.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Small point of order - and I might be incorrect, but I don't believe David Nellypants is involved with B6 anymore.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by jrpaguia
This WN VP certainly has more cojones:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...eckpoints.html
Jeff Smisek at CO/UA is another ally in our criticism of the TSA.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:23 pm

I have a flight with them on the 4th. I'm looking into changing it right now and I'm going to be very clear as to why they've lost my business.

I value my rights more than my true blue points.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by KwintSommer
I have a flight with them on the 4th. I'm looking into changing it right now and I'm going to be very clear as to why they've lost my business.

I value my rights more than my true blue points.
He's the founder and a former board member. He has absolutely nothing to do with the operation of the company today.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Small point of order - and I might be incorrect, but I don't believe David Nellypants is involved with B6 anymore.
Correct. He holds a couple million shares of stock still but not enough to influence anything in the company's operations.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
But for those who forgot, JetBlue was in fact the airline (when Neeleman was still in charge) that first voluntarily gave the government passenger data "for testing" despite having no permission from pax to do so.

...which is why I have never set foot on a plane of theirs...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:44 pm

Here is Neeleman's latest venture

Jetsuite was recently profiled on Fox - pitching that you can rent the whole plane for $999. And no pat-downs either. They are using new Embraer jets which is logical since David speaks Portuguese from when his parents were missionaries in Brazil.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Superguy
And he's trying to start another airline in Brazil.

I wonder if he's subjected to the same stupidity in Brazil, and if he feels less safe if he doesn't.
Yes, he's already work for another foreign airlines in Brazil. It was operated E195. So that's why he is no longer work for CEO at JetBlue. So is that reason why David gotten firing from JetBlue a couple years ago. Don't you remember what happened the flight has been delayed more than 6 hours in JFK during winterstorm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.