Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

It's suprising how few people are actually questioning the new procedures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

I have been following most of the threads on this forum about the body scanners and "enhanced" pat-downs. I have already decided to avoid traveling as much as possible until the TSA figures out that NoS/gropes are ineffective and overly invasive. I wholeheartedly agree with everyone who is speaking out against them. However, it is shocking how many "sheeple" are really out there. I posted some anti-NoS (and grope) info to a pregnancy forum and it is amazing how few people are willing to question the safety of the scanners and the fact that travelers must either submit to being viewed naked or having their genitals and breasts felt by a TSA 'agent'. So many people feel that it will keep them safer and if it prevents another terrorist attack, then great - they will do what it takes. When did most of the population lose their critical thinking skills even when faced with evidence that goes against what the government is saying? It is reassuring though to visit FlyerTalk and see that there are some people who are still willing to question things.
/end rant
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by VictoriaTravelNut
When did most of the population lose their critical thinking skills even when faced with evidence that goes against what the government is saying?
Long ago. See the Milgram Experiment.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Good point.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:27 pm

And it is incredibly frustrating. The more I read this forum the more depressed I get. I have been to a few third world countries and have suffered through many a petty tyranny, and all this seems surreal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.