Wiki Posts
Search

Pistole on NBC's Today Show Nov 15

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Pistole on NBC's Today Show Nov 15

The Today show lead with the tease "If you touch my junk, I'll have you arrested". They just said that the director of the TSA will be on in the next half hour. 7:30 - 8am EST
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:43 am
Suspended

This is fantastic! They are desperate!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
The Today show lead with the tease "If you touch my junk, I'll have you arrested". They just said that the director of the TSA will be on in the next half hour. 7:30 - 8am EST
Interesting -- in another thread, I speculated that Nappy's & Pissy's approach would be a take-it-or-leave it strategy because they have backed themselves into a corner. Let's see how this plays out in the next day or so.

- They could try a good cop/bad cop approach.
- They could try the hard-ball approach: Comply with screening or you will be arrested and/or fined.
- They could stay on message with the usual drivel: Our officers are professional, we have to do this for your own good, we have to stay one step ahead of the terrorists, terrorists will stop at nothing to attack us again, we have intelligence that <...> will happen.

We can get some satisfaction from the fact that we ruined a lot of long weekends for employees of the DHS and TSA.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
He was on Fox and Friends a few minutes ago. He got a nice reception from Brian. Disappointing.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Matt Lauer asked some decent questions but didn't press him. Pistole sounded like Rudi Guiliani with 9/11 - Christmas Day bomber terrets. Lauer did mention National Opt Out Day. Again, Pistole responded that it would be irresponsible for people to opt out that day and delay fellow passengers.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Matt was also easy on Pissy on the Today Show. Disappointing.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do I think he won't appear on MSNBC?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Again, Pistole responded that it would be irresponsible for people to opt out that day and delay fellow passengers.
"Oh my God, you guys throwing all that tea into Boston harbor. Think of all the tea drinkers who will be inconvenienced!".
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Kids donlt get he patdown

Did anyone else pick up on Pissy's statement that kids under 12 (or was it 12 and under) can opt out of the NoS and not get the pat down?

New strategy, folks. We can now take our shampoo again. Just have your kids carry the shampoo in their diapers.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The next step will be if the evening news shows cover this. The ultimate would be a 60 Minutes grilling next Sunday, if they have the guts to do a story and if he is stupid enough to be interviewed.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
Did anyone else pick up on Pissy's statement that kids under 12 (or was it 12 and under) can opt out of the NoS and not get the pat down?

New strategy, folks. We can now take our shampoo again. Just have your kids carry the shampoo in their diapers.
ohh? suddenly a new policy? and not SSI?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond

What if I just act like I am 12?

Seriously, are they going to be required to show a birth certificate to confirm the age? Otherwise the screeners will use their great perceptive abilities to say your child is not the age you say they are. You know we are liars unless we can prove otherwise.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since they have turned off the metal detectors and mothballed the handhelds, combined with Pissy's pronouncement, this means that kids under wqhatever age he stated will not be screener at all.

My guess is that he targeted the soccer moms as they are getting their kiddos ready for school. This is also a good way to ensure that Disney hotels are filled over the holidays.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:42 am
Suspended

Tossing out crumbs to the masses with the hope of shutting them up.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
What if I just act like I am 12?

Seriously, are they going to be required to show a birth certificate to confirm the age? Otherwise the screeners will use their great perceptive abilities to say your child is not the age you say they are. You know we are liars unless we can prove otherwise.
How is the TSA going to handle a child who claims to be older (or younger) than would be indicated by the date of birth on some government-issued documents or even an age communicated by a parent/guardian?

Some boy used to claim he was 13 years old child while his adopted parents noted his age as being 12 years old. Apparently his twin brother got put up for adoption earlier than the date of birth listed on all documents naming him.

Obviously, government is far from perfect -- with the TSA being especially disgusting in wanting to check out naked teenage bodies and/or paw over teenage boys and girls who wouldn't even alarm the WTMDs or ETD machines.

Napolitano and Pistole seem to want to continue to check out naked teenage bodies and paw over teenage boys and girls who are between 13 and 17 years of age.

Napolitano and Pistole's perverted government "yes-'men'" are going to be oogling the naked bodies of 13 year old boys and girls and rubbing their grubby hands over those who don't let the government "yes-'men'" see them naked. Disgusting, yet that is exactly what Napolitano and Pistole want.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 15, 2010 at 6:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.