FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Alex Jones / Infowars Video on Assaultive TSA Patdowns (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1144528-alex-jones-infowars-video-assaultive-tsa-patdowns.html)

BearX220 Nov 5, 2010 9:47 am

Alex Jones / Infowars Video on Assaultive TSA Patdowns

The Infowars / Alex Jones subculture is a little extreme for me most of the time, but a lot of people pay attention to him and this video is worth watching. It will get a lot of exposure, and it crucifies TSA.

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-fondles-...body-scanners/

RosemaryT Nov 5, 2010 10:03 am

Yeah, I posted that on another thread here. Below is a snippet of the woman's story (see quoted matter).

BTW, the woman ("Michelle") who gives this narrative works for Alex Jones and she describes a "pat down" that was quite invasive. What's interesting is that it was a MALE TSA doing this genital groping on Michelle. After he was done with her, he tried to pat down her two girls (2 and 8) and Michelle demanded a female TSA for their children.

Alex makes the point that we're training little girls to accept sexual assaults without complaint. Good point and one I had not thought of.

Quote:
"I said, 'I opt out," and they pulled us off to the side and they start at your ankle, and they worked their way up with hands on both sides of your legs, and they get to your private area and they feel your private area and worked their way down to the other leg and it was not the back of hand, it was palm. It was a male officer that patted me down. I would not allow a male to pat down my children."

"Next, they grabbed my breasts from up top and felt around - the whole breasts - in a complete circle and it was totally uncomfortable."

"The gentleman that did that to me, he was moving onto my daughter, and I was not going to allow a male to pat down my children. They're children. It was horrible."

BearX220 Nov 5, 2010 10:12 am

Originally Posted by RosemaryT (Post 15080770)
Alex makes the point that we're training little girls to accept sexual assaults without complaint. Good point and one I had not thought of.

Boys and girls both. We've poured enormous energy into "stranger danger" campaigns. We tell children of both sexes it's absolutely not OK for grown-ups to touch you that way. Then when we all fly off to Disneyland we have to somehow explain to those same kids why it's OK for that grown-up in uniform to touch your genitals. How is the kid supposed to process all this?

BC2004 Nov 5, 2010 10:31 am

Here are the things TSA is teaching our young children:
1. It is OK for someone in uniform to touch you anyway they want in any place on your body.
2. It is OK for someone in uniform to do the same thing to your parents and / or grandparents.
3. Your parents and / or grandparents cannot protect you from these people.
4. Your parents and / or grandparents cannot protect themselves from these people.
5. If there is something different about your body (e.g., a diaper, a medical device) then you will be treated even more roughly. It is bad to be different than the TSA dictated norm.
6. Being a bully is bad at school but OK at the airport if the bully wears the right kind of uniform.

Fredd Nov 5, 2010 10:34 am

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 15080838)
Boys and girls both. We've poured enormous energy into "stranger danger" campaigns. We tell children of both sexes it's absolutely not OK for grown-ups to touch you that way. Then when we all fly off to Disneyland we have to somehow explain to those same kids why it's OK for that grown-up in uniform to touch your genitals. How is the kid supposed to process all this?

Originally Posted by BC2004 (Post 15080958)
Here are the things TSA is teaching our young children:
1. It is OK for someone in uniform to touch you anyway they want in any place on your body.
2. It is OK for someone in uniform to do the same thing to your parents and / or grandparents.
3. Your parents and / or grandparents cannot protect you from these people.
4. Your parents and / or grandparents cannot protect themselves from these people.
5. If there is something different about your body (e.g., a diaper, a medical device) then you will be treated even more roughly. It is bad to be different than the TSA dictated norm.
6. Being a bully is bad at school but OK at the airport if the bully wears the right kind of uniform.

And all this is brought to you by those who say "Think of the children." :td:

GUWonder Nov 5, 2010 10:34 am

I said it years ago: whether the TSA knows it or not, the TSA is grooming children for sexual exploitation by doing these things to them and adults that would not be lawful for an ordinary stranger to do to even random adults, let alone doing such despicable things to those unable to grant legal consent for such activity.

The message the TSA is sending to people at airports is that it's "ok" for strangers to see their naked bodies and to touch them all over their body if the stranger demands it. That kind of TSA message going out to children confuses children and is unfortunately going to work in favor of those sexual perverts who want children to let down their guard against being touched all over their body by strangers.

The pedophiles in America must love Team TSA for helping groom their next child victim. :td: :td:

BearX220 Nov 5, 2010 10:50 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 15080980)
That kind of TSA message going out to children confuses children... The pedophiles in America must love Team TSA for helping groom their next child victim.

You know, this is ultra-true, and may be the high-impact emotional toehold an anti-TSA political effort needs. Reasonable or not, there's no battle cry in this country like "Think of the children." We should be approaching liberal female legislators with kids of their own, pointing out the clear contradictions between "stranger danger" consciousness and government-sanctioned sexual assault on minor children at airports.

It's harder for legislators to dismiss children. Especially when current policy is going to land them on therapists' couches for life.

BC2004 Nov 5, 2010 10:53 am

Maybe what we need to do is not only teach the children to opt out but also to file a complaint with TSA and DHS. How to write to Congress and/or the media. True, these actions may not change TSA behavior. Certainly not quickly. But at least our children would not see us as acquiescing in behaviors we are trying to teach them are wrong. At least we could let them know we do not approve and we are trying to work within the system for change.

Global_Hi_Flyer Nov 5, 2010 10:59 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 15080980)
I said it years ago: whether the TSA knows it or not, the TSA is grooming children for sexual exploitation by doing these things to them and adults that would not be lawful for an ordinary stranger to do to even random adults, let alone doing such despicable things to those unable to grant legal consent for such activity.

The message the TSA is sending to people at airports is that it's "ok" for strangers to see their naked bodies and to touch them all over their body if the stranger demands it. That kind of TSA message going out to children confuses children and is unfortunately going to work in favor of those sexual perverts who want children to let down their guard against being touched all over their body by strangers.

The pedophiles in America must love Team TSA for helping groom their next child victim. :td: :td:

+1.

The government doesn't care about what harm it might cause to individuals - it's more concentrated on making them "feel safe"

BearX220 Nov 5, 2010 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer (Post 15081115)
The government doesn't care about what harm it might cause to individuals - it's more concentrated on making them "feel safe"

Who feels safe with a stranger's thumb pressed against their anus in a public place?

BC2004 Nov 5, 2010 11:03 am

But who feels safe by being made to feel disgusted? anxious? humiliated?

Why does one group of people require another group of equally innocent passengers to feel awful so that the first group can feel good? Hmm, sounds like another bad thing to be teaching the children. "You can feel better if someone makes Susy cry."

bdschobel Nov 5, 2010 11:07 am

Excellent. The drumbeat grows a little louder each day.

Bruce

PaladinErrant Nov 5, 2010 11:31 am

I'm in full agreement with this line of thought. Let me be totally honest here -- I'm new to the forums, but am a former Airline Pilot and have been paying attention to this situation ever since the "underwear bomber" triggered the NoS frenzy last Christmas.

When I was reading the thread talking about example letters to senators, and I read the article from the Disney trip situation, this line right here -- "Option 2 is no better and again our children will be subjugated to being “felt up” in places where they have been told is a “no-no” for a stranger to touch them" literally made me nauseated.

Our TWO choices to travel by air now are to either be strip searched or sexually assaulted. STRIP SEARCHED or SEXUALLY ASSAULTED, just to get on an airplane. The masses out there really need to let this sink in. The masses out there need to forget about "inconveniencing" their precious little lives and realize that they need to step up and make things change NOW while they still can.

Unfortunately too many people throw *anybody* that criticizes the government into the CT'er camp, and automatically brushes off whatever they say. I can only speak for myself, I'm no CT'er, but this is one situation that is coming to a head. If we use the "think of the children" approach, maybe, just maybe, it'll give people the motivation they need.

Just my thoughts.

Great site by the way. :D

BearX220 Nov 5, 2010 11:43 am

PaladinErrant, welcome to Flyertalk and please keep contributing. We need insight and balance from folks who know the air transport / security infrastructure from inside the uniform. Thanks for logging in.

LV702 Nov 5, 2010 11:43 am

Drudge Report is linking to Alex Jones today.