Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

DHS Advertising For New TSO's At Gas Pumps In VA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DHS Advertising For New TSO's At Gas Pumps In VA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
When the Pizza box thing made the Washington Post they said:

The boxed ad campaign was developed last year in an effort to reach a broader applicant pool, according to TSA spokesman Greg Soule. The agency routinely uses ad space on Metro trains, at gas stations and in newspapers or buys ad time during movie previews. But no word on the cost of the pizza box campaign or which restaurants are using the boxes.

Because that's where the best and finest people are found, delivering pizza, pumping gas, in movie theaters, or subways. Because as one story put it, if you are smart enough to order a pizza.......

The pizza places love it as they get a discount on the boxes with the advertising.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:25 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Isn't that John Allen Muhammad's old stomping ground?

I guess Lee Boyd Malvo might need a job some day.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:31 am
Suspended

I'm wondering if EPIC could, in some way, shape or form, include the "slogan" on the signage in their current lawsuit. It certainly is quite clear that TSA is using the very thought of looking at naked passengers as an enticement.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by doober
It certainly is quite clear that TSA is using the very thought of looking at naked passengers as an enticement.
It's a double whammy.

They are trying to attract Peeping Tom's and promising them tax-payer financed benefits and salaries for part time work.

Beyond sick in my opinion.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:29 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cholula
The slogan: "A Career Where X-Ray Vision And Federal Benefits Come Standard" is more than a bit creepy considering the Nude-O-Scope™ installations.

Were they advertizing on the self-service pumps or the full-service pumps?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: IHG; DL, JB, SW, UA, US, Ch, Crl, HzG, EmC, AmtGR regular; TSA Disp Tinfoil
The slogan: "A Career Where X-Ray Vision And Federal Benefits Come Standard" is more than a bit creepy considering the Nude-O-Scope™ installations.
They have to use Federal benefits as a RECRUITING POINT? :facepalm:

What's their next recruiting campaign slogan -- "Join TSA -- we pay!" ???
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
If they're having trouble recruiting, they should reach out to some non-profits for help. NAMBLA, for example, might relish the opportunity to assist.

Unfortunately, Dwaine B. Tinsley is no longer around to help with the graphics.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset

While pumping $5 worth of gas into his ’87 Chevy Beretta, Chester noticed the ad for TSA screening clerks, and the promise of “x-ray vision”.

“Could that be for real?” he thought to himself. He had sent away for x-ray specs when he was in junior high, but those things didn’t work like they said. Stupid, stupid, stupid! He threw the specs away and consoled himself with the ladies underwear section from the Sears catalog he kept hidden under the mattress.

But now maybe this time is for real! And his mom had been bugging him about moving out of the house for, like, ten years now. With the government pay, he could get his own apartment now…

Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
If they're having trouble recruiting, they should reach out to some non-profits for help. NAMBLA, for example, might relish the opportunity to assist.

or:

Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tom911
What's the unemployment rate in Virginia? In my county it's 12% and I doubt they'd have to advertise at all for employees. Lots of folks around here are looking for work.
But even at that rate there are better jobs to be had. Especially if you want to respect yourself in the morning.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N965VJ
While pumping $5 worth of gas into his ’87 Chevy Beretta, Chester noticed the ad for TSA screening clerks, and the promise of “x-ray vision”.

“Could that be for real?” he thought to himself. He had sent away for x-ray specs when he was in junior high, but those things didn’t work like they said. Stupid, stupid, stupid! He threw the specs away and consoled himself with the ladies underwear section from the Sears catalog he kept hidden under the mattress.

But now maybe this time is for real! And his mom had been bugging him about moving out of the house for, like, ten years now. With the government pay, he could get his own apartment now…
^ ^
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by cordelli
Because that's where the best and finest people are found, delivering pizza, pumping gas, in movie theaters, or subways. Because as one story put it, if you are smart enough to order a pizza.......
As a friend once said "I know what it's like to work at a job you hate just because you need the money." TSO seems like that kind of job.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:45 pm

"Washington Reagan National Airport"? Still haven't corrected that one since the pizza box recruitment campaign.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The FT'er who sent me the picture told me it was at a Liberty Station on Route 1 just North of the Beltway in Alexandria, VA.
Target in sight -- I have to drive down that way next Tuesday.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Angry

With all the new folks monitoring this forum I thought it might be a great idea to bump this thread to show how TSA is recruiting new employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.