Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To be fair: Not everybody hates the TSA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I think others have said it. As much as I hate the TSA there are a couple of the folks here that I talk to & consider nice human beings(though very brain washed) I'm also sure that I could very easily have a meal with 99% of the TSA folks who post on here & we would enjoy each others company.(Those TSA posters that I know where you are I'll give a "heads up" if I ever make it your way)

With the above said it never means I will like the TSA & speaking for my self I can honestly say I do not know any airline employee or leo that likes the TSA.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Hate the TSA - Ponter is SPEWING again.

From PV (off-topic) another vomit from our friend Ponter. This guy is UNNN-BELIEVABLE!
Keep in mind that what some people who hate the TSA see as inconsistency and incompetence is actually a carefully-coordinated Security Strategy of Unpredictability. If you don't know what you're allowed to carry on, the terrorists won't either! If you always have the risk a TSO prohibiting even item that the TSA website says is permitted, that means the terrorists also have the risk of their bombs being stopped at the checkpoint. That keeps us very safe.
CRAP ON KEEPING US SAFE.
HOW ABOUT KEEPING US FREE?
REMEMBER - THIS IS AMERICA, NOT NORTH KOREA!

Unpredictability and randomness are one of the most powerful tools the TSA has to keep us very safe from the horror of 9/11. There hasn't been a successful attack on aviation since the TSA was formed, attesting to the effectiveness of the TSA's powerful Security Strategy.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I THROW UP.

They have a reason for what they do, and keeping that reason secret is what makes it effective.
WELCOME TO NORTH KOREA, COMRADE!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by SATTSO
I also know i and other TSA employees are on very good relations with many airline employees. Sure, some hate us and let us know. But overall I agree with the OP - for the most part we all work well together.
Of course they have to "work well together" as the only other option would be Do You Want To Go To Work Today. Once again, don't confuse politeness with blind acceptance.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:44 am

There is a huge difference between the TSA (the organization and it's management) and TSA (the individuals who work at the ground-level). People should be very careful not to confuse the two. Most individuals may be fine folks (some are certainly not). However, the organization is a corrupt, power-hungry, unconstitutional/civil rights abusing, non-transparent, and fear-mongering waste of taxpayer's money.

IMO, most people that work for TSA do so because they need a job and have few marketable skills. They won't speak up because they don't want to lose their job (another reason why TSA is a horrible organization).

Originally Posted by N965VJ
...Once again, don't confuse politeness with blind acceptance.
+1. This reminds me of the really fat wife in a horrible dress asking her husband what he thinks. The answer "you look great" should not be confused with looking at all good.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
Originally Posted by eyecue
Since I am reading about a lot of people saying that they work closely with aviation and everyone that they talk to in their circles tell them that they hate TSA. I have started to ask people that I work around about TSA. I have asked pilots, flight attendants, vendors etc. While I have gotten some interesting responses, NOT one of them has said anything close to what some of you are saying. The very constitution that you say is being trashed when you fly is also the basis for which TSA has to do some of what it does.
You didn't ask me. I work around TSA and was never asked.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:53 am

Not sure who said this one, but:

There hasn't been a successful attack on aviation since the TSA was formed, attesting to the effectiveness of the TSA's powerful Security Strategy.
Not so sure about that one. Maybe I've got my facts wrong, but I think prior to 2001, it had been 14 years since there had been a successful hijacking in the US. TSA hasn't existed that long yet. Richard Reid (in fairness, he boarded outside the US - but also in fairness, the TSA specifies the level of security they want on US-bound flights) got through security. The passengers stopped his attack.

If you always have the risk a TSO prohibiting even item that the TSA website says is permitted, that means the terrorists also have the risk of their bombs being stopped at the checkpoint. That keeps us very safe.
Come again? So the strategy is to keep the terrorists in the dark as to which bombs are allowed and which bombs are prohibited?

Perhaps the author of these quotes (whoever it might be) could cite some of the attacks that TSA screenings have foiled. I think that would be very helpful. Also, maybe an explanation of how TSA screening would have prevented the 9/11 attacks would be helpful.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: United
I'm still waiting to be told where in the US Constitution the Federal Government is granted the powers to run the TSA.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
I'm still waiting to be told where in the US Constitution the Federal Government is granted the powers to run the TSA.
I hope you haven't put your other plans on hold while you're waiting ...
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
I just looked again... it isn't there!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wimpie
From PV (off-topic) another vomit from our friend Ponter. This guy is UNNN-BELIEVABLE!

CRAP ON KEEPING US SAFE.
HOW ABOUT KEEPING US FREE?
REMEMBER - THIS IS AMERICA, NOT NORTH KOREA!

EXCUSE ME WHILE I THROW UP.

WELCOME TO NORTH KOREA, COMRADE!
Ponter is pulling the TSA's chain, Wimpie. Of that I am certain.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by vlado
I hope you haven't put your other plans on hold while you're waiting ...
I am in fact holding my breath right now. I really hope they hurry up.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
The TSA bull sh#t level has increased from *safe* to *very safe*.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by doober
Ponter is pulling the TSA's chain, Wimpie. Of that I am certain.
Agree. He lays it on just a bit too much.

I've often wondered about BB, too. Regardless of the original stated intent of the blog, the actual effect is quite different. Particularly for that type blog, I would think BB would not allow inflammatory or badly informed posts from TSOs (or alleged TSOs). For example, we all know there's a serious disconnect between the information on the website and what travellers see at the checkpoint (NEXUS card anyone?) Yet purported TSOs repeatedly post that ignorant travellers should read the website and be prepared before going to the airport. How does it further the stated purpose of the blog to allow these posts through?

And BB himself is either tongue-in-cheek or he is completely in sync with his masters and delights in blowing smoke and puff pieces instead of giving genuine answers.

We have one TSO who posts on this forum that I have come to believe is a reverse Ponter. He comes here solely to inflame and insult (puff piece non-answers), but he's not nearly as gifted as Ponter.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:16 pm

I am in fact holding my breath right now. I really hope they hurry up.
Come on, I'm about to pass out. I hope they answer soon with where in the Constitution the Federal Government is given the power to run the TSA.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Come on, I'm about to pass out. I hope they answer soon with where in the Constitution the Federal Government is given the power to run the TSA.
They're still spell-checking the rewrites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.