Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tantric TSA: The art of foreplay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by TSORon
I’m sure that a few of the folks on the list at the link below would say the same thing about their experience, if they were given the chance.
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/mem...lists/by-name/
So you're saying that if the 9/11 victims were alive today, they would agree that they were being treated poorly by TSA? Well, at least you're honest about your organization.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Originally Posted by anatinus
Does Flyer Talk have any policy about posting their blogs on other forums?
You may need to have a few posts under your belt before you can post links, as a precaution against spammers.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

^^^
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
To the OP Tyler1988 : this was a phenomenal post and I think everybody enjoyed your writing skills. I feel for you. You are a young fellow, I am in my late 60s and I had to endure the same thing. I always wonder, what other people think when these idiot TSA people feel me up in full view. I fear it could be worse, if someone requests a private screening room. At our age, we seniors normally are "left alone". But not when it comes to the government. There was a young attractive woman with a tight summer dress and she was waived thru without any problems. Me, the smart and experienced traveler wearing loose clothing ( not so smart! ), was subjected to the rigorous search. I can't wait to see what happens when I am in my eighties, maybe in a wheelchair?
After I retired from flying I have traveled most of the world as a regular tourist. I have never ever, not even in totalitarian states, been treated as bad and without any regard to being a human being as I am being treated in the U.S. as a U.S. citizen. That includes TSA and of course immigration and customs ( did I mention the DMV? ). And these folks are paid with my dollars. In my honest opinion, Nazi Germany could not have been much worse, as far as trampling on people's rights. We are being lined up, screamed at and shoved around like objects, not like human beings. In the name of what? The land of the free? Give me a break!!!
^^^

Once you hear the truth - everything else is just cheap whiskey
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Wonderful first post, OP, and thanks for livening up an otherwise dead day !
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The screeners intent is to feel his balls or her vagina. I rather doubt that most states would care why if the contact is undesired.
Is it too late for me to sue Selective Service because, at my induction physical, the doctor grabbed my balls and told me turn my head and cough?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Dovster
Is it too late for me to sue Selective Service because, at my induction physical, the doctor grabbed my balls and told me turn my head and cough?
Unlike doctors conducting a medical check-up like that noted above, the TSA screeners are not trained by the TSA to conduct a medical check-up. Nor are the TSA screeners licensed and authorized to conduct a medical check-up like that done by your doctor.

The idea of a uniformed TSA screening man grabbing your scrotum and telling you to turn your head and cough is an incident you'd tolerate like that with a military volunteer or conscript's medical check-ups performed by doctors? Welcomed, tolerated, or otherwise, it's a fetish scene I'd rather avoid.

Originally Posted by chollie

I wonder what happens if a TSO is confronted with a family member or neighbor to do a grope. Can the TSO recuse him/herself? Even if I were comfortable groping strangers, I'm sure I couldn't grope my family, my pastor, my neighbor, my kids' school teachers...not publicly or privately.
As small regional airports even in rural areas start getting these genital-revealing strip search machines, what you note above will become increasingly common.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Unlike doctors conducting a medical check-up like that noted above, the TSA screeners are not trained by the TSA to conduct a medical check-up. Nor are the TSA screeners licensed and authorized to conduct a medical check-up like that done by your doctor.
Nor are they properly trained and licensed to run equipment that emits radiation or microwaves.....
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Its all a scam

The problem with all this is that it actually does very little to prevent terrorist attacks on air travel. Historically 90% of all terrorist attacks on airliners was possible through inside help getting explosives and weapons on board the aircraft, and this threat has not been drastically diminished.

The screening of passengers serves only as a psychological crutch to reassure the public on the one hand and to combat an increasing trend of unemployment.

The mundane excuses spouted by the TSO's and their counterparts around the world have been so ingrained in their so-called training, that it borders on the ludicrous.

In some countries the level of intelligence of the TSO's is so minimal, it is likely that they would have trouble getting a job at MacDonalds, but a badge and the cover of a quago turns them into this interesting character we call security personnel.

But lets stop venting our anger at the general level of incompetence of these people that so obviously need a job, and turn to a few interesting thoughts.

1. AFIR (and I have an MA in international security) no "successful" airline terrorist act was carried out by the perpetrator bringing the explosives or weaponry on board themselves, rather this was always done by accomplices from outside such as cleaning crews, catering companies etc - why, because there was traditionally little or no security there. The exception to this is knives, or swiss army knives, and most of us can attest to how easy it is to get on board with those.

2. in most business classes meals are still served with metal cutlery. Does the TSA actually believe terrorists don't buy business class tickets? PLeeease!

3. The 100 ml one plastic bag rule is so ridiculous it beggars belief. There have been enough tests to prove that even 100ml of liquid explosive detonated at 30,000 feet would if placed in the right area, tear an airplane to shreds.

4. There are much better ways to inflict maximum damage and terror than to try and hijack a plane. In fact the amount of physical damage is not the key element of a terrorists plan but rather how much psychological damage he/she creates and ultimately how much pressure the civilian population can bring on the government to amend/change its policy which is ultimatly the goal of a terrorist.

4. Which begs the question of whether we haven't already actually lost the war on terrorism? Since 9/11 how many trillions of dollars have been spent on combating potential terrorist threats? how many resources have been put into the same, and how crippling to the economy is it all. How many passengers end up looking for alternative methods of transportation, rather than have to put up with the antics of High school educated thugs in a uniform?

5. You want to stop terrorism? stop giving it a media value, stop making it attractive to target the United States, and stop making geo political decisions that are motivated by money/oil/ or the political vote that you might lose if you decide on something.

6. Finally stop giving the security companies the incentive to earn so much from these situations. There is a vested interest in keeping the public scared - its called money, and there is a lot of it in this game.

The problem is there is no such thing as complete security, and neither the TSA nor any other government or NGO can ever effectively provide that. They know it and that is the conundrum. While it may be a scam in my opinion, the scam does have its vital role to play in this, otherwise the potential damage to the airline industry, and all the other industries that live of this industry would be unable to survive and the resultant mass depression would probably set countries like the United States and a lot of those in Western Europe back 100 years before there was air travel, so we will have to live with TSOs that are semi literate, strip searches and harrasment until there is no more terrorism.

apologies if my rant has been echoed elsewhere in this forum, just realised this is not my normal miles and more/star Alliance forum........

Last edited by nswat; Sep 10, 2010 at 6:48 am
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by TSORon
I’m sure that a few of the folks on the list at the link below would say the same thing about their experience, if they were given the chance.
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/mem...lists/by-name/
Sorry -- that is not now and never was a valid excuse for violating people's civil rights.

Since you allude to keeping us safer by invading our privacy and groping us, I'll remind you -- nothing the 9/11 hijackers are known to have been carrying (box cutters) was against the rules at the time. There were no security failures. There were different procedures in place that did not account for the fact that hijackers might not care about staying alive.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
<Pulling up pants and lighting a cig>

Awesome first post, OP! ^
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by boiflyer
OP: I think you need to send you letter off to your representatives, TV stations, and print media for an editorial.

Disgusting.
+1 Very disgusting, makes me sick to my core.

Thankfuly I have avoided any trouble and the scanners, without even opting out once.

I dont know about others, but I'd pay an extra fee to be respectufuly and professionaly searched like I was in AMS or BRU. They were truly amazing professional and courteous and that made my experience very tolerable.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by nswat
4. Which begs the question of whether we haven't already actually lost the war on terrorism?
I don't think it begs that question, but I would agree that it may raise it.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nswat
The problem with all this is that it actually does very little to prevent terrorist attacks on air travel. Historically 90% of all terrorist attacks on airliners was possible through inside help getting explosives and weapons on board the aircraft, and this threat has not been drastically diminished.

The screening of passengers serves only as a psychological crutch to reassure the public on the one hand and to combat an increasing trend of unemployment.

The mundane excuses spouted by the TSO's and their counterparts around the world have been so ingrained in their so-called training, that it borders on the ludicrous.

In some countries the level of intelligence of the TSO's is so minimal, it is likely that they would have trouble getting a job at MacDonalds, but a badge and the cover of a quago turns them into this interesting character we call security personnel.

But lets stop venting our anger at the general level of incompetence of these people that so obviously need a job, and turn to a few interesting thoughts.

1. AFIR (and I have an MA in international security) no "successful" airline terrorist act was carried out by the perpetrator bringing the explosives or weaponry on board themselves, rather this was always done by accomplices from outside such as cleaning crews, catering companies etc - why, because there was traditionally little or no security there. The exception to this is knives, or swiss army knives, and most of us can attest to how easy it is to get on board with those.

2. in most business classes meals are still served with metal cutlery. Does the TSA actually believe terrorists don't buy business class tickets? PLeeease!

3. The 100 ml one plastic bag rule is so ridiculous it beggars belief. There have been enough tests to prove that even 100ml of liquid explosive detonated at 30,000 feet would if placed in the right area, tear an airplane to shreds.

4. There are much better ways to inflict maximum damage and terror than to try and hijack a plane. In fact the amount of physical damage is not the key element of a terrorists plan but rather how much psychological damage he/she creates and ultimately how much pressure the civilian population can bring on the government to amend/change its policy which is ultimatly the goal of a terrorist.

4. Which begs the question of whether we haven't already actually lost the war on terrorism? Since 9/11 how many trillions of dollars have been spent on combating potential terrorist threats? how many resources have been put into the same, and how crippling to the economy is it all. How many passengers end up looking for alternative methods of transportation, rather than have to put up with the antics of High school educated thugs in a uniform?

5. You want to stop terrorism? stop giving it a media value, stop making it attractive to target the United States, and stop making geo political decisions that are motivated by money/oil/ or the political vote that you might lose if you decide on something.

6. Finally stop giving the security companies the incentive to earn so much from these situations. There is a vested interest in keeping the public scared - its called money, and there is a lot of it in this game.

The problem is there is no such thing as complete security, and neither the TSA nor any other government or NGO can ever effectively provide that. They know it and that is the conundrum. While it may be a scam in my opinion, the scam does have its vital role to play in this, otherwise the potential damage to the airline industry, and all the other industries that live of this industry would be unable to survive and the resultant mass depression would probably set countries like the United States and a lot of those in Western Europe back 100 years before there was air travel, so we will have to live with TSOs that are semi literate, strip searches and harrasment until there is no more terrorism.

apologies if my rant has been echoed elsewhere in this forum, just realised this is not my normal miles and more/star Alliance forum........
Excellent post - thank you - no apologies needed.

As a security analyst I heard interviewed last week said: "OBL, in his cave, is laughing himself silly" at who we have become in the last 9 years.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
Irrelevant. The physical examination administered to inductees has nothing to do with a suspicion-less administrative search pursuant to the Fourth Amendment.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by PTravel
Irrelevant. The physical examination administered to inductees has nothing to do with a suspicion-less administrative search pursuant to the Fourth Amendment.
Really?

The doctor who grabbed my naked nuts had no reason to believe that I had a hernia. However, he was making certain that I didn't.

The TSA screener who might touch my very clothed nuts has no reason to believe that I am concealing a weapon there. However, he is making certain that I don't.

(Indeed, I would imagine that during the Vietnam War the doctors didn't find very many people who had hernias and didn't come in to the induction center happily waiving a doctor's certificate announcing that fact.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.