Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tantric TSA: The art of foreplay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Could it be inferred, by opting out, one giving explicit consent to such a thorough search, knowing they could forgo the search by agreeing to the nude-o-scope?

I, personally, am for neither option.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Italy98
Could it be inferred, by opting out, one giving explicit consent to such a thorough search, knowing they could forgo the search by agreeing to the nude-o-scope?

I, personally, am for neither option.
No, because at some stations, you still get the frisk if you go through the WBI.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Italy98
Not really, although they might assume that if you use their choice of vocabulary ("opt out"). They can infer anything they want; that does not mean that you have consented to being fondled.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Sep 5, 2010 at 8:17 pm Reason: better wording for what I was trying to say
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:40 pm

To the OP Tyler1988 : this was a phenomenal post and I think everybody enjoyed your writing skills. I feel for you. You are a young fellow, I am in my late 60s and I had to endure the same thing. I always wonder, what other people think when these idiot TSA people feel me up in full view. I fear it could be worse, if someone requests a private screening room. At our age, we seniors normally are "left alone". But not when it comes to the government. There was a young attractive woman with a tight summer dress and she was waived thru without any problems. Me, the smart and experienced traveler wearing loose clothing ( not so smart! ), was subjected to the rigorous search. I can't wait to see what happens when I am in my eighties, maybe in a wheelchair?
After I retired from flying I have traveled most of the world as a regular tourist. I have never ever, not even in totalitarian states, been treated as bad and without any regard to being a human being as I am being treated in the U.S. as a U.S. citizen. That includes TSA and of course immigration and customs ( did I mention the DMV? ). And these folks are paid with my dollars. In my honest opinion, Nazi Germany could not have been much worse, as far as trampling on people's rights. We are being lined up, screamed at and shoved around like objects, not like human beings. In the name of what? The land of the free? Give me a break!!!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
EXLEFTSEAT ^^great post & the truth.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: Vanishing
I was about to have the same experience in BOS yesterday, but I avoided the testicle part by accident. When the screener asked me if I had any sensitive areas, I answered, "Yes, between my legs". It took a while for him to realize what I meant and after a 7-8 minutes discussion with a supervisor and a TSA in civilian clothing, they did a modified Enhanced Pat-down. All that the OP described except the buttocks and the testicles.

I don't know if this will work everywhere, but it could be worth a try.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by L-1011
I was about to have the same experience in BOS yesterday, but I avoided the testicle part by accident. When the screener asked me if I had any sensitive areas, I answered, "Yes, between my legs". It took a while for him to realize what I meant and after a 7-8 minutes discussion with a supervisor and a TSA in civilian clothing, they did a modified Enhanced Pat-down. All that the OP described except the buttocks and the testicles.

I don't know if this will work everywhere, but it could be worth a try.
Worth a try, for sure.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Heard in passing, inside the sterile area, in back to back seating waiting at the gate:

"...finally, I told him if he got any more serious with that pat down that we would need to go outside and share a cigarette when he was finished...."

I wanted to see who was talking but he was gone when I finally looked around.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
To the OP Tyler1988 : this was a phenomenal post and I think everybody enjoyed your writing skills. I feel for you. You are a young fellow, I am in my late 60s and I had to endure the same thing. I always wonder, what other people think when these idiot TSA people feel me up in full view. I fear it could be worse, if someone requests a private screening room. At our age, we seniors normally are "left alone". But not when it comes to the government. There was a young attractive woman with a tight summer dress and she was waived thru without any problems. Me, the smart and experienced traveler wearing loose clothing ( not so smart! ), was subjected to the rigorous search. I can't wait to see what happens when I am in my eighties, maybe in a wheelchair?
After I retired from flying I have traveled most of the world as a regular tourist. I have never ever, not even in totalitarian states, been treated as bad and without any regard to being a human being as I am being treated in the U.S. as a U.S. citizen. That includes TSA and of course immigration and customs ( did I mention the DMV? ). And these folks are paid with my dollars. In my honest opinion, Nazi Germany could not have been much worse, as far as trampling on people's rights. We are being lined up, screamed at and shoved around like objects, not like human beings. In the name of what? The land of the free? Give me a break!!!
Great post. Please, if you will post this on the TSA Blog

http://blog.tsa.gov/
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Coming back thru ATL (from FRA) last week I got both the nude-o-scope and the groping (though not as thorough as the OP). I kept my passport in my hand and that pissed off the TSA "agent" so he sent me for the groping.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tyler1988
It had been a long summer with lots of sunburn, so I wanted to avoid radiation from the scanner

You lost me at the first sentence.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I have never ever, not even in totalitarian states, been treated as bad and without any regard to being a human being as I am being treated in the U.S. as a U.S. citizen.
I’m sure that a few of the folks on the list at the link below would say the same thing about their experience, if they were given the chance.
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/mem...lists/by-name/
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL,
...I read in an article in a newspaper (I forget which newspaper and who said it) regarding airline security and he said, "if you are not offended (going through security), then you were not thoroughly searched."

I hate to admit it but it's true.

I'm not sure if a nude-o-scope would have caught the underwear bomber. And determined terrorists will take advantage of the situation and put the bomb in a place "where the sun don't shine."

I think that 99.99999% of the people, even if given a gun onboard a plane, would not hijack a plane.. but then we have that 0.00001% who would.

David
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by TSORon
I’m sure that a few of the folks on the list at the link below would say the same thing about their experience, if they were given the chance.
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/mem...lists/by-name/

< looks at calendar, predicts a extra helping of for the next few days >

Originally Posted by DavidHatt
I'm not sure if a nude-o-scope would have caught the underwear bomber.
The GAO is of the same opinion.

Last edited by N965VJ; Sep 10, 2010 at 8:03 am Reason: Got my alphabet soup agencies mixed up!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: Qantas, Miles and More
This incident deserves wider publicity and for me comes on top of cases of luggage damage, theft of TSA approved locks and a hostile attitude towards visitors who simply want to have a good time. Does Flyer Talk have any policy about posting their blogs on other forums?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.