Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tantric TSA: The art of foreplay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by nhcowboy
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm too tired at the moment to do the research, but given the screener's ostensibly nonsexual intent (and, yes, I am ignoring the OP's post when I say that ), wouldn't it be a misdemeanor offense under California law, rather than a felony? Meaning a LEO can't make an arrest unless he actually sees it happen.

So your requests to opt out and for a LEO should probably be concurrent.
But, your ASSuming his intent and then there is the perception of the Op. It could indeed be a FELONY. And by this description this was not a pat-down but a full fledged SEARCH. No pc for such an act. 09-39 to DCJ with the TSA
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
The more I think about it, the more I suspect that the aggressive body searches are part of a plan to force people to go through the strip-search machine.

Here's the logic:
1) many people end up complaining about the aggressive use of hands by the TSA screeners - sexual assault, whatever - and Congress or the courts slap down the TSA. This becomes more likely if the screeners cause bruising or other physical pain to a passenger.

2) TSA then imposes - forces - people to use the strip search machines by telling the courts/Congress that it has to be done for security, and since Congress/courts forced them to stop the physical assaults.... well, the machines are now mandatory.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the plan at the higher levels of the agency. I mean, we do have a lawyer that relies on Google for supporting arguments....
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
The more I think about it, the more I suspect that the aggressive body searches are part of a plan to force people to go through the strip-search machine.
I don't think there is any doubt about it.

The TSA has been duped into thinking these machines are The Answer (while Chertoff lines his pockets), so they have to do everything possible to keep up the pretence. They simply can't afford another debacle like the ETP 'puffers'; although it's probably going to happen anyway.

I sincerely hope ^ .
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: DL, US Air, AA, HH Diamond
Great first post! I think the OP needs to consider a side gig writing for Harlequin.

I wish I was a Photoshop master... After reading this, I have this vision in my head of altering the cover of one of those trashy romance novels to a TSA agent groping a pax with a look of shock on their face.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:37 am

OP: I think you need to send you letter off to your representatives, TV stations, and print media for an editorial.

Disgusting.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by IrishDoesntFlyNow
I guess it depends on which airport and which LEO. The several airport LEO's I know have quite a bit to say about TSO's, none of it complimentary.

~~ Irish

+1 the same on my end. You beat me to the post.

To the op, welcome to Flyertalk . I would've called for an leo very quickly.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
The more I think about it, the more I suspect that the aggressive body searches are part of a plan to force people to go through the strip-search machine. \
That's all to obvious.

Here's the logic:
1) many people end up complaining about the aggressive use of hands by the TSA screeners - sexual assault, whatever - and Congress or the courts slap down the TSA. This becomes more likely if the screeners cause bruising or other physical pain to a passenger.

2) TSA then imposes - forces - people to use the strip search machines by telling the courts/Congress that it has to be done for security, and since Congress/courts forced them to stop the physical assaults.... well, the machines are now mandatory.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the plan at the higher levels of the agency. I mean, we do have a lawyer that relies on Google for supporting arguments....
Ultimately both the machines and the sexual assaults are going to be slapped down, the machines due to privacy & radiation issues, the sexual assaults simply because they are what are.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Ultimately both the machines and the sexual assaults are going to be slapped down, the machines due to privacy & radiation issues, the sexual assaults simply because they are what are.
^ I hope it's ultimately sooner rather than later.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
So do I. More reasons not to fly.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO

Here's the logic:

I agree, already posted this on another thread.

I admit to being mystified by the reports of folks going through the scanner and getting a full grope. I understand resolving something that comes up on the scanner, but that shouldn't require a full grope.

As far as the grope being punishment for opting out - anyone who doubts that should explain why so often the opt-out grope is accompanied by a complete unpacking and swabbing of carry-ons that have cleared the x-ray.

No doubt in my mind that the WBI is here to stay, unfortunately. What's surprising to me is that we haven't heard of any TSOs being reluctant to do the grab. I'm no prude, but if I were a TSO, I couldn't do it (probably why I never went into medicine or law enforcement).

I wonder what happens if a TSO is confronted with a family member or neighbor to do a grope. Can the TSO recuse him/herself? Even if I were comfortable groping strangers, I'm sure I couldn't grope my family, my pastor, my neighbor, my kids' school teachers...not publicly or privately.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by nhcowboy
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm too tired at the moment to do the research, but given the screener's ostensibly nonsexual intent (and, yes, I am ignoring the OP's post when I say that ), wouldn't it be a misdemeanor offense under California law, rather than a felony? Meaning a LEO can't make an arrest unless he actually sees it happen.

So your requests to opt out and for a LEO should probably be concurrent.
The screeners intent is to feel his balls or her vagina. I rather doubt that most states would care why if the contact is undesired.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by PTravel
TSO policy does not preempt state law.
I wish it was so clear, but I don't think it is. A state law that has an effect of dictating where planes are allowed to fly would have that part of the law preempted by Federal law. A state law that had the effect of limiting what searches TSA can do might be equally prempted.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
I wish it was so clear, but I don't think it is. A state law that has an effect of dictating where planes are allowed to fly would have that part of the law preempted by Federal law. A state law that had the effect of limiting what searches TSA can do might be equally prempted.
I'm talking solely within the area of criminal assault.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: DL AA
Did you get his phone number?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
Why didn't you complain? This was clearly too invasive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.