Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Organized resistance to WBI/invasive patdowns

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Petition SCOTUS on emergency basis

The news from Mike Huckabee is very good indeed.

FMI, is there a way to petition SCOTUS for relief on an emergency basis?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by gatelouse
Can I hear from those who carry pre-filled TSA comment cards when they fly? I wonder if a viable deterrent to a retaliatory opt-out pat-down is to present the pre-filled card, request the TSO's information prior to the pat-down...
I've checked on FT and via Google - trying to find and print out a TSA comment card. I'd like to have one visibly in hand (since they are not available at all checkpoints) as I go though the checkpoints. Would anyone know where one could be printed out?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by muji
I've checked on FT and via Google - trying to find and print out a TSA comment card. I'd like to have one visibly in hand (since they are not available at all checkpoints) as I go though the checkpoints. Would anyone know where one could be printed out?
Try here.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by DevilDog438
Try here.
Thank you for posting that.

Option 2 under "Type of Complaint" is "non-standard screening." I wonder what that means. And how we're supposed to know what screenings are "non-standard" given that TSA won't tell us what the screenings are supposed to be. Those layers of "security" and all.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: IHG; DL, JB, SW, UA, US, Ch, Crl, HzG, EmC, AmtGR regular; TSA Disp Tinfoil
Originally Posted by Ellie M
Thank you for posting that.

Option 2 under "Type of Complaint" is "non-standard screening." I wonder what that means. And how we're supposed to know what screenings are "non-standard" given that TSA won't tell us what the screenings are supposed to be. Those layers of "security" and all.
For my three cents' worth, if you're filling out the feedback form anyway, I'd suggest tagging any use of NoS/patdown as a primary screening method "non-standard."
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by LV702
A very good sign! I would also write newly elected House members too.
I would write to as many people in congress as you can.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: QFF
The nudooscopes have made the Australian news
http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/p...-1225947834443
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by news.com.au
The warning highlights the difficult dilemma travellers and airline staff face at some airports around the world. If they opt not to go through the scanners, they are instead subjected to a new pat-down technique - which has been likened to "foreplay".
Bad analogy -- I'd bet that most of us would appreciate foreplay, but preferably not at the hands of a screener.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
posted a reply a few hours ago but still not there
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Bad analogy -- I'd bet that most of us would appreciate foreplay, but preferably not at the hands of a screener.
Foreplay with SATTSO or eyecue,
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by gatelouse
Can I hear from those who carry pre-filled TSA comment cards when they fly?
I love this idea.^
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fendertweed
pardon me if this is a Q that's been answered elsewhere, but where can one get a supply of those TSA comment cards... I love this idea.^
Try here and you can print your own...
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Wimpie
1. Welcome to Flyertalk!

2. The image you link to is total BS and has been debunked a year or more ago and is COMPLETELY BOGUS. Linking to such junk undermines the seriousness of our cause.

Please check out http://DontScan.me for actual, verifiable images and factual information.
Hi - Re #2: Sorry, my sister sent the info to me and I thought it would be helpful, but didn't know it was bogus.

In the future, I will ask for input but certainly did not mean to undermine the seriousness of your cause.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: IHG; DL, JB, SW, UA, US, Ch, Crl, HzG, EmC, AmtGR regular; TSA Disp Tinfoil
I found the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Regulations. Part 7 covers activities such as organized handing out of NOS brochures. I would expect other airport operators to have their own rules on distribution of literature.

For IAD and DCA, the highlights are:
* A permit is required.
* Specific areas inside the terminals are available. (IMO, there is no "good" location at DCA; organized distribution of brochures would have to be done outside the terminals.)
* Obey the rules on prohibited conduct.

Full documentation available at: http://metwashairports.com/2838.htm
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Hilarious. While I agree with your sentiment I have far more important things to do than spend time picketing in protest of TSA gropes (in fact the idiotic water ban is far more bothersome). And no way I am buying a t-shirt if any money goes to the ACLU, which is defending that ******** who just put out a fatwa on all Americans.

Happy to sign your online petition, though I think that's a waste of time. If you really want to be effective take a lesson from Kate Hanni and learn how to lobby Congress. Though somehow I think you'll find they have more important things to do like allocate money to build roads to nowhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.