Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Organized resistance to WBI/invasive patdowns

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
LOVE the ThousandsStanding site. It makes an impact to read all the stories at once, IMO...

My own grope-age was out of the country, on the island of Bonaire in the Netherlands Antilles. Not TSA people, but they had the same manner and bearing...for a flight to the U.S. I'm sure the TSA has its wily paws in the affairs of any other nation forwarding passengers into its maw.

This was the search right before boarding the plane, which was supposedly random. Unfortunately the gate agent took the wrong boarding pass from me when I went to enter the jetway and I had to stop her and get it back - at which point she retaliated by making me go through the thorough search.

I was carrying photo and scuba gear, all of which was removed and disarrayed right before my boarding. Gee, good thing I hadn't been at all concerned about space in the overhead bins for my expensive electronics. Also was groped in a manner I'd call sexually invasive, mostly involving the breast area.

Unfortunately none of this is probably grist for the TSA mill, but I'm flying again next week - will report back.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: UA *G .64MM; AmEx Plat freebies (HH Gold, Marriott Gold)
List of airports?

I'm traveling to Australia shortly and am trying to find out if WBI/AIT scanners are in use there. Does anyone know where I can find out this information? We're departing from LAX and will be connecting through BNE outbound and returning from MEL through SYD. Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by LBsquared
I'm traveling to Australia shortly and am trying to find out if WBI/AIT scanners are in use there. Does anyone know where I can find out this information? We're departing from LAX and will be connecting through BNE outbound and returning from MEL through SYD. Thanks.
Last time I was in SYD, which was May, there were no perv-o-scopes. SYD security is excellent, compared to TSA..
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I'd rather deal w/ Australian immigration & airport security than their American counterparts any day. They are quick & polite & still appear to miss little, i.e. they just focus on doing their jobs ... nicely.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:05 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Last time I was in SYD, which was May, there were no perv-o-scopes. SYD security is excellent, compared to TSA..
Agreed on all counts, and this was as of last week.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
This education effort needs a person with a recognized name to act as a spokesperson.
Pope Benedict opposes WBI. http://www.independent.ie/world-news...e-2073578.html

I'll be at the Vatican next month, but I doubt I'll have the opportunity to ask His Holiness.

Caro (infrequent flyer, but not a "sheeple")
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by UtterCaro
Pope Benedict opposes WBI. http://www.independent.ie/world-news...e-2073578.html

I'll be at the Vatican next month, but I doubt I'll have the opportunity to ask His Holiness.

Caro (infrequent flyer, but not a "sheeple")
The Pope holds public audiences weekly, and anyone (including non-Catholics) can request a ticket.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The Pope holds public audiences weekly, and anyone (including non-Catholics) can request a ticket.
He doesn't take questions, though. I've been to a couple over the years, and watched this morning's audience in the Paul VI Hall on TV. Now, if you can be part of a choir group and can sing a question when they introduce groups from countries around the world, you might stand a chance, but the chances of organizing a choir just to sing a question about airport security would probably be pretty slim.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
I tried to add a link to the PV blog:
http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/08/enhanced...?commentPage=2

At the bottom of the page there is a "create a link"
I wanted to add a link to http://dontscan.me but can't get it to work.
Anybody else try?
Will Blogdad Bob allow it to be posted?

There is a link at the bottom of:
http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/09/tsa-gene...ncourages.html
that links to a quite scathing challenge to the TSA.
How was this posted?

Last edited by Wimpie; Sep 15, 2010 at 7:22 pm
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Wimpie
I tried to add a link to the PV blog:
http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/08/enhanced...?commentPage=2

At the bottom of the page there is a "create a link"
I wanted to add a link to http://dontscan.me but can't get it to work.
Anybody else try?
Will Blogdad Bob allow it to be posted?

There is a link at the bottom of:
http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/09/tsa-gene...ncourages.html
that links to a quite scathing challenge to the TSA.
How was this posted?
I just tried posting it as http://airportbodyscan.org

Same site, different domain name. It of course has to go through 'moderation', so the odds that it will be allowed on the blog are slim.

ETA: As of today, post has not cleared moderation. I wonder why.

Last edited by mozgytog; Sep 16, 2010 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will be flying this weekend for the first time since we started the websites and the fliers. I'll be stopping at Kinko's on the way home this evening to do some printing.

First, thank you to all who have participated & assisted!

For my master, I used the WBI version on Nude-O-Scope.Com.

One thing seems to be missing on the flier -- a referral to our websites. I printed one & pasted it on the bottom of the "Did you find this document useful" panel. It would be helpful if this could make it into the masters on-line.

To avoid problems with the word "nude" in the document, it can be done as an image, as below:

Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
We will be flying this weekend for the first time since we started the websites and the fliers. I'll be stopping at Kinko's on the way home this evening to do some printing.

First, thank you to all who have participated & assisted!

For my master, I used the WBI version on Nude-O-Scope.Com.

One thing seems to be missing on the flier -- a referral to our websites. I printed one & pasted it on the bottom of the "Did you find this document useful" panel. It would be helpful if this could make it into the masters on-line.

To avoid problems with the word "nude" in the document, it can be done as an image, as below:

Good point. This would be a good time to try using the LaTeX version .

A modified WBI version (LaTeX) incorporating the requested change is available at mediafire.com/?d2cegdc39346ftz . As the file is a PDF file, with the current Adobe security issues, consider scanning the downloaded file at virustotal.com before viewing (if Adobe software is used).

Links can be added to the reference version, but eight choices would then exist .
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trollkiller, are you still around? I need a t-shirt:

Ask Me
About TSA's
Nude-O-Scope
www.nudeoscope.org

The back side would be identical but reference www.dontscan.us instead.

Just walking around an airport distributing pamphlets is likely to get you hassled for soliciting, but if others initiate a conversation, you can hand them one as part of the exchange. The t-shirt itself would clue a lot of people in to the existence of TSA's Nude-O-Scope.

Originally Posted by newhaven
Good point. This would be a good time to try using the LaTeX version .

A modified WBI version (LaTeX) incorporating the requested change is available at mediafire.com/?d2cegdc39346ftz . As the file is a PDF file, with the current Adobe security issues, consider scanning the downloaded file at virustotal.com before viewing (if Adobe software is used).

Links can be added to the reference version, but eight choices would then exist .
That was fast -- thanks! I'll use this on my next go 'round.

I already had 100 for this weekend printed, gave the first one to the woman @ Kinko's.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:12 am

We came in from HKG on AC a couple of days ago and at YYZ we were subjected to the Nude-O-scope after passing U.S. Immigration and Customs.
My wonderful Japanese wife still considers this as a novelty and writes on her blog about it. She was surprised that after going through the machine, she was still subjected to another secondary physical invasion, where the ( let's just say a little overweight Canadian woman ) squeezed her breast to a point where my wife says it became pretty uncomfortable. I refused the machine and was subjected to a "ball" count. Of course both our carry ons was subjected to extra scrutiny and our clean hands needed to be wiped to check for explosives. I am terribly sorry, but I need to repeat it over and over again : I am nearly seventy years old, I am not thin and love to wear comfortable clothing. I just got in after a 15 hour flight and I would like to go home, this is just nuts!!!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 2:32 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
woman ) I refused the machine and was subjected to a "ball" count.
I just got in after a 15 hour flight and I would like to go home, this is just nuts!!!
Bolding mine.

You can say that again...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.