Upcoming USAToday story

Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Upcoming USAToday story

Received the following email on Friday and recommend that all who are opposed to this technology contact Gary Stoller to express your views:

Dear Road Warrior: USA Today editor Gary Stoller is researching a possible story on new TSA backscatter advanced imaging technology that debuted a few months ago at airports. Would you please answer the following questions? Thank you.

1) How many times have you been screened this year with this new technology?

2) Has this new technology reduced or increased the time it takes to screen you? Please explain.

3) For a passenger, what are the advantages of this technology?

4) For a passenger, what are the disadvantages of this technology?

5) Please explain your complete view of this new technology.

61) If you can be quoted for an article, please provide your name, the town you live in (NOT the nearby big city), your job title, the industry you work in and a phone number if Gary Stoller needs to reach you.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Got an email address for Gary? Tks.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
first initial
last name

at publication name
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: Vanishing
Originally Posted by pbjag
first initial
last name

at publication name
That didn't work. Any other ideas?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I'd be surprised if that rag does anything other than a puff piece for the TSA. They seem to be lapdogs.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I'd be surprised if that rag does anything other than a puff piece for the TSA. They seem to be lapdogs.
Please don't paint all USA Today reporters with the same poisoned brush. Veteran reporter, Laura Bly, is as neutral as can be.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by pbjag
Received the following email on Friday and recommend that all who are opposed to this technology contact Gary Stoller to express your views:
You'd be more successful at generating such contact if you titled your thread "USA Today reporter seeks input on TSA electronic strip search machines" instead of "Upcoming USAToday story".
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by essxjay
Please don't paint all USA Today reporters with the same poisoned brush. Veteran reporter, Laura Bly, is as neutral as can be.
Please don't paint all reporters with the same poisoned brush. We have a saying in journalism that if both sides hate your guts -- you're probably doing something right.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by L-1011
That didn't work. Any other ideas?
Worked for me - even had a nice reply. Which is much better than AP reporter I talked with last month regarding a airline story. The first time I had a gripe, the follow up story two days latter was great. I called again to say I appreciated their efforts - she did not say thanks, just "I have a deadline" and hung up!!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Worked for me - even had a nice reply. Which is much better than AP reporter I talked with last month regarding a airline story. The first time I had a gripe, the follow up story two days latter was great. I called again to say I appreciated their efforts - she did not say thanks, just "I have a deadline" and hung up!!
FUTR, one of the things about wire services such as the AP is, as they say, "a deadline every minute". If the reporter in question was crashing on a story that had go out ASAP, there really wouldn't be time to talk. Should she have said "thanks" -- yes, but I'd cut any reporter saying they're on deadline some slack because their mental focus is on their story, not on being polite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.