FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   You thought Kip was an idiot, Try this one (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1066467-you-thought-kip-idiot-try-one.html)

Dan_E Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 13635338)
That's the truth. And this clown gives evidence toward the notion of "military intelligence" being an oxymoron.

I am not going to willingly submit to TSA's stupid questioning or the strip searches that this nominated TSA clown wants to force on all Americans.

He belongs in North Korea.

So, what's the plan, kemosabi? Sit in? Picket line? Burn your boarding pass?

These next few days and weeks will at least be entertaing for a few of us. :cool:

MrAndy1369 Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Very sad. It seems to me like people have forgotten that the Constitution specifically guards against this type of government intrusion.

Pluma Mar 23, 2010 8:47 pm

This guy, if for real, is really someone to be feared of heading up TSA.

Not once did he mention passenger rights, instead he talked about taking more away.

If he gets nominated and institutes what he thinks is real security, the airlines better have an alternate source of income.

GUWonder Mar 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dan_E (Post 13635366)

These next few days and weeks will at least be entertaing for a few of us. :cool:

The plan is to oppose the tanto "security" agency and to toy with the tanto "security" agency clowns who try to waste my time or push for strip searches.

"Just say no" (or nothing) to Tanto "Security" Agency's "security" perverts -- that is the plan. They can try to guess the meaning of my responses. ;)

Superguy Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Andy1369 (Post 13635394)
Very sad. It seems to me like people have forgotten that the Constitution specifically guards against this type of government intrusion.

And it's really sad that people who have sworn to uphold it and fought for it (he's still under that oath, even if he's a retired General). :(

N965VJ Mar 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by CNN.com
Harding endorsed the use of full-body imagers at airports.

/fail

roberthardingisanidiot.com is available at GoDaddy.com for $10.69.

halls120 Mar 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Andy1369 (Post 13635394)

The only thing that is sadder than the lengths that TSA intends to go in abusing the traveling public is how many people gladly accept the trampling of their rights at the hands of our modern brown shirts.

PhoenixRev Mar 23, 2010 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dan_E (Post 13635366)

Entertaining to see the rights of American citizens violated? Seriously?

I challenge you to cite the Constitutional precedent or the federal statute that says I am obligated to answer any question put to me by a TSO or agent from the TSA or any government actor simply because they want to ask me those questions.

NY-FLA Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 13635338)
That's the truth. And this clown gives evidence toward the notion of "military intelligence" being an oxymoron.

I am not going to willingly submit to TSA's stupid questioning or the strip searches that this nominated TSA clown wants to force on all Americans.

He belongs in North Korea.

That's not fair!

What did North Korea do to deserve that?

bocastephen Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

I thought this ...****'s nomination was DOA last week after a new scandal revelation. What's he doing testifying?

Idiot doesn't begin to describe him - he needs to be gone yesterday.

Superguy Mar 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by NY-FLA (Post 13635634)
That's not fair!

What did North Korea do to deserve that?

Think of it as one of the "sticks" in the carrot and stick method of diplomacy. :D

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 13635673)
I thought this ...****'s nomination was DOA last week after a new scandal revelation. What's he doing testifying?

What scandal? Maybe I missed it in all the other BS that was going on this past week or so.

bocastephen Mar 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 13635692)
What scandal? Maybe I missed it in all the other BS that was going on this past week or so.

I'll have to dig it up in the morning, but I thought we found something on him when the nomination was first announced and it was expected he would be booted. There should be another thread on this....guy.

GUWonder Mar 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 13635673)

Questions have swirled around Harding Security Associates — the company Harding founded in 2001 and sold in 2009 — and contracts the company and its affiliates have with the TSA.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0j4KL6KbP
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34880.html

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 13635797)
I'll have to dig it up in the morning, but I thought we found something on him when the nomination was first announced and it was expected he would be booted. There should be another thread on this....guy.

There's a lot to not like about this nominee being promoted for this position:

Harding’s old company has ties to firms with major contracts with the TSA, including one to provide full-body scanners. According to the White House, Harding will recuse himself from dealing with contracts involving his former company until July, a year after he sold it.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0j4KelqY3
To make an understatement: he is not to be trusted as being objective in matters dealing with this area.

... and he is kissing up to Peter King and Joe Lieberman. Not a good sign either.

erictank Mar 24, 2010 3:24 am

Originally Posted by halls120 (Post 13634918)
This exchange is priceless.

He's not a "cyber expert" but he knows how the machines are configured???

Unless he opened up a half-dozen machines (from a LARGE sample population) at random, and poked around through their insides to see where the hard drives, network cards or onboard connectors, USB and network ports, etc. were (or, if he's telling the truth, where those items would otherwise have been), he does NOT, in fact, know how the machines are configured. Not on the hardware side, at least. Then we can get into the software lineup.

No, you don't have to be a "cyber expert" to know how a system is configured - I'm certainly not one either, but I knew enough to put together several home systems over the years. Guarantee I knew "how the machines are configured". But I had to do a lot more than look at the case and peripherals, and watch someone using one for a few minutes, too.

This guy sounds like exactly what we DON'T need as TSA-head (boy, there's a comment there just waiting to happen, isn't there?). +1 to those who note that he's talking about committing rampant violations of the oath he took at his commissioning ceremony. A disgrace to the uniform he used to wear. :td:

Dovster Mar 24, 2010 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 13634600)
So how well is his idea of questioning like the Israelis going to work when we have the right to remain silent when questioned by the government and maintaining silence cannot be construed as guilt?

Israelis also have the right to remain silent and that silence can not be construed as guilt.

That does not mean that we have to be allowed on airplanes without if Security has any concerns about us. There is a major difference between a courtroom and an airport.

(In real life, nobody is actually kept off of El Al unless Security is completely certain that he intends to commit a criminal act on the flight. More often, the situation is that Security is simply very uncomfortable with that person's presence on the plane. This was the case when shoe bomber Richard Reid flew to Israel. After very long questioning, he was allowed to board but given a middle seat with an Israeli security agent sitting next to him in the aisle seat.)