Search

Safe from Raquel Welch's Bustier

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Status Free
Safe from Raquel Welch's Bustier

From New York Post - Page Six

"Raquel Welch escaped the Oscar madness in LA only to get held up at the security checkpoint at O'Hare in Chicago after her black Dolce & Gabbana bustier set off the metal detector. Welch was in town to tape "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and promote her new book, "Raquel: Beyond the Cleavage." The star was patted down by a TSA agent for several minutes in a clear, square box in full view of waiting passengers. The agent eventually blamed the problem on the boning in her bustier. "She probably isn't going to fly in a bustier anymore," said Welch's spokeswoman."
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ediemac1
From New York Post - Page Six

"Raquel Welch escaped the Oscar madness in LA only to get held up at the security checkpoint at O'Hare in Chicago after her black Dolce & Gabbana bustier set off the metal detector. Welch was in town to tape "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and promote her new book, "Raquel: Beyond the Cleavage." The star was patted down by a TSA agent for several minutes in a clear, square box in full view of waiting passengers. The agent eventually blamed the problem on the boning in her bustier. "She probably isn't going to fly in a bustier anymore," said Welch's spokeswoman."
This is needlessly intrusive enough. But, could you imagine what would have happened if they put her through a stripsearch machine? My guess is that we would already have conclusive evidence out on the "internets" whether or not the images can be saved or recorded on a cellphone camera.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:16 am

I wanna see the security video...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:14 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by IslandBased
I wanna see the security video...
yup-another thread that is useless without pictures and/or video
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by goalie
yup-another thread that is useless without pictures and/or video
Be thankful for small mercies; the lady is well past her Best Before date.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Nice...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
But we're all safer now. *Sigh*
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
O rly?

Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
O rly?

Is that recent? Cuz she may be like double my age, but she sure doesn't look beyond the "best by" date to me in that photo.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by codex57
Is that recent? Cuz she may be like double my age, but she sure doesn't look beyond the "best by" date to me in that photo.
That's her daughter standing behind her....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:30 pm

For her age, she looks fantastic; objectively, she's still not at all shabby.

I'm sure my wife would love to look like her when she hits that age. I wouldn't mind, either - and I was never a huge fan of Raquel Welch, even.

Glad to hear that TSA is keeping the American Flying Public safe from her EEEEEEEE-vul bustier!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by codex57
Date on the pic is 2009. Raquel still looks great.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
Aged like a fine wine.... She is still worth a glace if you were to see her in a super market!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.