Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD to get full body scanners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Go thru ORD via UA fairly often, and I'm not gonna change.
If I'm picked, its a refusal for the old hands on treatment.

People have to show they won't go thru them, otherwise after the next attempt Nepolitano and group will have it mandatory.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:38 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
xxxxx

Last edited by sfo; Feb 24, 2010 at 5:21 pm Reason: deleted
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:29 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by msimons

People have to show they won't go thru them, otherwise after the next attempt Nepolitano and group will have it mandatory.
Agree with all points.

As ORD is my home airport, I really have no choice but to fly out of there on UA or AA. But I will refuse every single time.

Sad.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:44 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Agree with all points.

As ORD is my home airport, I really have no choice but to fly out of there on UA or AA. But I will refuse every single time.

Sad.
Right now ORD is only getting one; you'd just better pray they don't pick the GS checkpiont! @:-)

Something tells me they'll be using that checkpoint off to the side that goes to E/F.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Cool, BOS getting them. Hopefully, they'll go into the A terminal and I can pick the TSO who gives me the pat-down.

Logan TSO, if you are reading this, you guys appear to have made a couple of excellent hires in the recent past, if you know what I mean.

Mike
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by msimons

You got it -- and that's where this is headed unless enough of us tell off the "security" perverts sooner than later.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
You got it -- and that's where this is headed unless enough of us tell off the "security" perverts sooner than later.
Seems the new mantra of those not in favor of WBI should be:
JUST SAY NO
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
JUST SAY NO
Maybe we need stickers or shirts with that phrase.. I hope that the plan for additional machines dies like the puffers..
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superguy
The "good" news is we can still say no to these. The worse news is it means we get felt up instead.

What did Steven Covey say about lose/lose situations?
Unfortunately, I think the time is fast approaching when we will NOT be allowed to say "no".

When that happens, I imagine there will be several travelers who suddenly develop medical issues that prevent them from going through these machines.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:13 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doober
Unfortunately, I think the time is fast approaching when we will NOT be allowed to say "no".

When that happens, I imagine there will be several travelers who suddenly develop medical issues that prevent them from going through these machines.
Anyone remember when shoes were optional?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
JUST SAY NO
Originally Posted by Ari
Anyone remember when shoes were optional?
Or liquids?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:48 am

The machines only scan the surface of the body.

In my career, I have worked for small startups to large Global 1000s in industries including semiconductors, finance, defense/aerospace, education, and manufacturing. However, my stint in adult entertainment was quite enlightening.

Let me assure the TSA that a highly motivated individual of either sex can easily accomodate enough materials internally for a device with the power to destroy any known aircraft many times over with minimal or no signs of physical discomfort with just a few weeks training.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Advantage XPLAT, United
Unhappy So, where are the airlines in all of this

Without the airlines, nobody flies. What pressure can they exert on our behalf against the invasion of the body scanners?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Charles847
Without the airlines, nobody flies. What pressure can they exert on our behalf against the invasion of the body scanners?
At least in the case of UA and DL, viewed as corporate agencies, they have their collective heads so far up the TSA's backside that they appear to be TSA nose hairs. Yes, some of their employees are vocal in their disdain for TSA, but the corporate lockstep with TSA is highly visible.

IMO, until travelers dump air travel in droves, particularly last-minute business travelers, the airlines will just sit on the sidelines and keep their mouths shut publicly, lest they incur the wrath of the federal government pressure machine.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Charles847
Without people willing to submit to this invasion of privacy there will be no airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.