Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSO hitting on airport staff instead of working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO hitting on airport staff instead of working

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by ND Sol
Are you implying that the TSO is no longer a TSO?
No I was replying (with a grin) to the post above mine.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
Let me throw out one final attempt at trying to illustrate how ridiculous this type of behaviour is, and the issues it can cause.

- Person sees TSO trying to chat to a checkin agent while on a break, looks like he's distracting her, hears her tell him to leave her alone as he's distracting her

- Said do-gooder writes a complaint letter

- Two weeks later, the two end up dating for a few weeks. He cheats on her and she, in a moment of bad judgement, makes a complaint about how he was "harassing" her, to get back at him, even though there was no such event.

- Typical case of "he says / she says" - but wait. Her employer looks up the history, sees that there was a "witness" of such harassment happening in the past

- TSO gets arrested, loses his job

Good job boys
And you claim that our scenarios are far-fetched?

You skip the step where, right after the letter is received, the TSO's supervisor interviews the couple who, by your timeline, are kind-of dating at this point, and therefore extremely likely to say "hey, no big deal, we like each other". Which then goes into the file, so that if the ugly break-up happens, there's at least some defense for the TSO.

Look, neither of us are going to convince each other. We can make up hypotheticals in either direction all we want. The fact remains that if something improper was going on, it'll be allowed to continue going on unless someone steps in and brings it to the attention of higher authorities.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
The fact remains that if something improper was going on, it'll be allowed to continue going on unless someone steps in and brings it to the attention of higher authorities.
I'll leave that one to you, deputy dawg The world is a safer place thanks to you!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Break or not, high speed was in uniform pulling duty. He sure as heck deserved to get hemmed up for trying to hit on the DL employee. It should have been brought up to his first line supervisor and, if that didn't work, pushed up the chain of command. I've got zero tolerance for any TSA employee who either doesn't do their job or refuses to act like a professional (looking at you Mr. EWR TSO gangsta strolling around with your shirt untucked and Ipod earphones in), given that they're federal employees and working on my nickel.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
If the screener was on-duty, then he was ignoring his duties as a screener or BDO, ergo "security" was compromised and he is derelict. If he was off duty, but in uniform, then he was exhibiting poor behavior that reflects on the employer.

Were I the employer of either one, I'd want to know - from the TSA side that the guy was either derelict or a bad example of TSA behavior in uniform, from Delta's side because his actions were harming the efficiency of my employees. BTW, most employers have policies governing behavior either on the job or in uniform that represents the employer.

I say a brief note to each employer is in order, stating facts only. Let them investigate.

After all TSA continues to expouse the "if you see something say something".... and presumably flirting with the DL agent is distracting the TSA guy from his duties (and thereby impairing security as the TSA practices it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.