Mikey's Mom posts on PV

Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:07 pm

Bob just keeps digging the whole deeper, instead of extending an olive branch by offering to help these people get their problem resolved. As a father you would have thought he would have been motivated to help them. I often wondered if the posts on the blog were written by Bob or by some PR flack and had hoped that posts like these were forced upon him. Now that I know Bob writes this stuff himself perhaps it's time to get someone who understands PR to take over for Bob.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
I missed this in Bob's second response:

For anybody who is new to the TSA Blog, please know that I’m a blogger and not an official TSA media spokesperson.
Good grief.

Nice parsing of words there, Bob. You may not be "an official TSA media spokesperson" but you are a TSA representative writing on the official TSA blog.

You don't get a pass because your business card is missing the word "official."

Just man up and apologize.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
I missed this in Bob's second response:

Good grief.

Nice parsing of words there, Bob. You may not be "an official TSA media spokesperson" but you are a TSA representative writing on the official TSA blog.

You don't get a pass because your business card is missing the word "official."

Just man up and apologize.
Just take his statements and inaction as further proof that he's just a propagandist.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Just take his statements and inaction as further proof that he's just a propagandist.
He should quit TSA and go back on the road as a musician. Then his entertainment value would really be apparent.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: Co Gold
For anybody who is new to the TSA Blog, please know that I’m a blogger and not an official TSA media spokesperson.
If Bob isn't an official spokesperson then every time he does a puppy post, why not all respond with:

"We don't believe you because you're not an official spokesperson"
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:21 am

Programs: ual, aa, hertz, starwood, hilton
It's not just Mikey's mom...

...and the usual angry chorus on FT.

Now the broader media is taking umbrage with the idea that taxpayer dollars pay for Blogdad Bob's egregious, obnoxious, insulting bloviations.

http://reason.com/blog/2010/01/19/ts...-to-mock-peopl

TSA Pays Blogger to Mock People Harassed by TSA
Radley Balko | January 19, 2010

Bob, maybe it's time for you to just leave. Your usefulness to your agency, if there ever was any such thing, is now at an end.

Last edited by triehle; Jan 20, 2010 at 12:43 am
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: DL G, UA G, IHG SA
well written, we need more moms like this
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
So this quote, says that the airlines are at fault? Didn't the TSA detain this child?
"Airlines can and should automatically de-select any 8-year-olds out there that appear to be on a watch list. Whether you're eight or 80, the most common occurrence is name confusion and individuals are told they are on the no fly list when in fact, they are not. If you get a boarding pass, you’re not on the no fly list."

I guess though, that my 7 year old nephew is screwed! Also my 71 year old great uncle. SCREWED!

Lord I can't believe I have to fly 100 times this year.

ooffff!

JB
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:06 am

Mikey´s mom = 1 trillion (more or less). Bob = 0 (lost any won points with that post).
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:59 am
Suspended

Here's a fabulous response to Bob posted on PV:

Bob, If your comments were not directed to the Hicks family, then why did you FAN THEIR PAGE AND COMMENT ON FACEBOOK? Isn't that PERSONAL? You are a paid representative of the TSA and the blog is a PR channel, whether the tone is informal or not. In an age where people can get sued over what they tweet, it is irresponsbile for you to claim that your tone is not important. And we KNOW there are technically no children on the list, just NAMES. But when a child is patted down AND CANNOT GET THE REDRESS NUMBER THEN WE HAVE A MAJOR ISSUE. So now that we know you know about the Hicks family, how about addressing that, and stop pretending that you are just a clueless blogger.

Perhaps Mrs. Hicks should take over as a representative, because she is the one that has inspired ME to stand up and fight for the American freedom and protection, all at the same time. You, Blogger Bob, are the people we need to be protected from. Because you have a public platform that you are carelessly using, and instead of spending time stopping the real problems, you keep causing more problems. And any person that stands in the way of finding the terrorists is assisting them.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Update has now been edited

Did anyone notice that the following line from Bob's response, while shown in the Comments section, is missing from the "update 1/19/10 4:45pm" posting at the top of the page:

"For anybody who is new to the TSA Blog, please know that I’m a blogger and not an official TSA media spokesperson."

Last edited by Maxwell Smart; Jan 20, 2010 at 6:24 am
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is still in his blog posting that is timed 4:45pm
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
Mikey´s mom = 1 trillion (more or less). Bob = 0 (lost any won points with that post).
Mikey's mom IMHO has much more credibility than does Blogdad Bob over at PV. He lost nearly all of his credibility within the first six months of that blog going on line. Between the 'it is SSI' and 'you just don't understand' type comments, what little credibility he had vanished. They'd be better in shuttering the blog, reassessing what goals the blog has and then fielding a new team who actually answers questions. If you can't answer the question the point the person in the direction of someone who can answer the question. Not rocket science.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Tom M.
It is still in his blog posting that is timed 4:45pm
In the Comments section, it is there, but in the update to the blog posting at the top of the page, that line is missing. Now I'm wondering if it was just a mistake in copy/pasting, or deliberately taken out. Seems strange, though.

I edited my earlier post to reflect this.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
In the Comments section, it is there, but in the update to the blog posting at the top of the page, that line is missing. Now I'm wondering if it was just a mistake in copy/pasting, or deliberately taken out. Seems strange, though.
Not strange at all. Stalin routinely had political enemies airbrushed out of pictures. New regime, different players.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.