Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SOP discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trollkiller
According to these photos the TSOs working at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) are not only above the law but above SOP too.
That SOP link might have some dated information. I think that SOP info pre-dates the full roll-out of the police-imitation uniforms.

IIRC, the roll-out of the police-imitation uniforms was completed in 2008 by September 11th ( in itself). And the mandate with those uniforms is that screeners bypass the "security" because of the metal on those badges.

The "logic" is rooted in the TSA not wanting the individual screeners losing their badges, even by just putting them in the x-ray machine.

There was a a tiff in Denver about the very same thing last year.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999
First of all, this is TSA; they'll make up a rule if need be. Within the CFR, I see a few ways they might be able to claim it:

-- 1520.7(l) covers anyone who's ever applied to Clear.
-- a perverse reading of 1520.7(j) could potentially be construed to cover this
-- anyone who's ever worked for an airline (1520.7(k) or owned an aircraft required to have a security plan (1520.7(c))

Regardless, there is a risk here, at minimum, of there being problems. And I think it's only fair to make sure people are aware of that.
Well I am safe, doesn't mean they won't try but if the law means anything I am good.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:13 pm

However, where the FSD has elected to waive TSO rescreening, the FSD must implement random screening of TSOs returning from breaks.
And how often do you think that this actually happens?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:14 pm

If it does, y'all remember I have 3 children at home and make sure if I get nabbed y'all give them a good Christmas. Oh and calm down the wife cuz she will be MAD!!!!
I'm on it!!! I start doing "bag checks", what kind of Christmas presents do your kids want???
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LessO2
That SOP link might have some dated information. I think that SOP info pre-dates the full roll-out of the police-imitation uniforms.

IIRC, the roll-out of the police-imitation uniforms was completed in 2008 by September 11th ( in itself). And the mandate with those uniforms is that screeners bypass the "security" because of the metal on those badges.

The "logic" is rooted in the TSA not wanting the individual screeners losing their badges, even by just putting them in the x-ray machine.

When was the last time you heard of a TSO being randomly screened?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by ND Sol
The SSI warnings may have been "deleted," but otherwise it appears to be the same as the other document. And once again, on the one with the SSI warnings deleted, you can find the SSI hidden behind the black boxes. Someone has violated 49 CFR Part 1520 within the Gov't.

Thanks for finding this.
Amendment 2 of the contract proposal has the SSI warning.
It was deleted and re-entered in Amendment 3 on March 16, 2009
Notice it is openly posted on the FBO website as a Airport Screening Contract Solicitation in Montana.
Number: HSTS05-09-R-SPP061 was awarded on Sept 02 ,2009
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SATTSO
I'm on it!!! I start doing "bag checks", what kind of Christmas presents do your kids want???
The baby will be 5 months old, so anything he can bite or throw up on. The big boy is almost 13 but is still really into Power Rangers, video games, Legos and Bionicles. The girl is 12 and I have no clue what girls like.

And just in case anyone missed it SATTSO was JOKING.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by ND Sol
And how often do you think that this actually happens?
Lol This is funny, it's all so outdated!! Just to let you know, this "sop" no longer applies. With our spiffy new badges and uniforms TSA issued a directives/sop suspending the screening of TSOs entirely. Lol sorry
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:20 pm

It used to happen all he time with this older and outdated sop.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

To TSOs and other Covered persons.

To TSOs and other Covered persons, it is your duty to report this breach of SSI. Go ahead and ruin a few people's weekend.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:21 pm

The baby will be 5 months old, so anything he can bite or throw up on. The big boy is almost 13 but is still really into Power Rangers, video games, Legos and Bionicles. The girl is 12 and I have no clue what girls like.

And just in case anyone missed it SATTSO was JOKING.
Joking, uh, yes.... Joking.... "wink" passes need your mailing address.

And really, does ANYONE know what any woman wants???
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

It used to happen all he time with this older and outdated sop.
So what now the TSA just gave up on having real security. This document proves that the sterile area is as dirty as an old moldy sock.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by LessO2

Yes, I can't say this enough. It's outdated. Much/some of this info has changed. Bu enjoy the reading.

Who can find the SOP regarding frozen LGAs in there????
Original Poster

Joking, uh, yes.... Joking.... "wink" passes need your mailing address.

And really, does ANYONE know what any woman wants???
Not me, I once bought my wife a vacuum for Christmas. I caught hell from the wife, my three step-daughters, the women at church, and EVERY other female that learned about it.

Come on she said we need a vacuum 3 weeks before Christmas, what was I supposed to think? I think I was set up.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be honest, I did see one in Denver getting a secondary about four or five months ago. Badge off, getting the wand. The one thing I found unusual about it was that it was not done anywhere near where the screeners usually bypass the checkpoints, it was done where the passengers funnel from exiting the checkpoints to taking the escalator.

Before that, yes, it's been a very long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.