Wiki Posts
Search

Best and Cheapest for International Calling

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Best and Cheapest for International Calling

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what is the best plan or calling card to get for calling Aruba? I'm planning our wedding there in Nov of next year so there's going to be lots of calls. Since there's so many folks here who travel international and have contacts outside the US, whats your recommendations?

Also, lets not forget the miles Sign up bonuses etc

Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2004, 2:27 pm
Original Member

I do all of my international calls for free via PhoneHog. Free minutes for receiving and clicking on emails. It may not get you minutes fast enough for your purpose, but might be of interst to others, or to you later. You can read about the program on the Telephone Page of my website, Free Frequent Flyer Miles.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 4:42 pm

Thumbs up Definetly the winner is

Nobelcom prepaid.. best rates all over the world
for example austria-mexico city us cents 3,9
Old Dec 24, 2004, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Post Try PinCity!

Is 0.214/minute calling from US to Aruba a good enough rate for you? That's the local access rate for calling Aruba. I am not sure if that's reasonable for your calling habits.

I use PinCity to call TW and as far as I know their rates for calling Asia are very good. At least for me. I also used Pincity while I was visiting home and calling US. That's one of the advantages, IMHO, that you can use the same phonecard wherever you are. Above all, your minutes never expire as long as you keep recharging it every 6 months. That's a deal. Most of the other pre-paid phonecards would either expire with 30-60 days and don't offer customer services when you run into problem.

If you decide to sign up with Pincity (with BigZoo transfer or not), let me refer you. I do have some new promo codes (20%off). PM me with the email account you would like to use for Pincity phonecard so I can forward you the info. Each of us will get another 40 free minutes for domestic calls! ^

I am not aware of any pre-paid phonecards that will give you miles bonus other than you buy the card with your mile-earning creditcard. There's also another thread about disappearing Big Zoo and others. Check it out!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375783

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.