Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Phone Programs/Partners > Phones Programs/Partners
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have info saved about 40k mileage deal from Sept?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone have info saved about 40k mileage deal from Sept?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2002, 2:44 pm

Aflyer, I'm in the same boat as you. I did save a "screenshot" of the pages from the Sprint website when I signed up in September. Interestingly, nowhere on those three official sign-up pages did it refer specifically to the 40,000 mile promo, even though it does ask for your NW Worldperks number. Sprint turned around and used this to show that I hadn't signed up for anything (at all) when I faxed them a copy of the the sign up pages a few weeks ago. These folks are slimy, sleazy B***ards! Fortunately my husband is an attorney and I will be filing a claim in small claims court here in Massachusetts. Any supporting documents that you have that you'd be willing to fax would be most appreciated.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I had the same sign up pages, with no mention of the offer. I did get the printout of the page offering the miles though, from the kind poster in post #2 of this thread. I still have it, and can fax it if necessary. However, I would SERIOUSLY doubt that Sprint would actually show up to a small claims trial.
Old Mar 10, 2002, 4:23 am

This thread evidences the importance of keeping documentation until points are awarded.

I'm glad aflyer was compensated. For those who don't have the time or skill to sue, send documentation to one of
Sprint's execs.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 2:57 pm

Hey, aflyer, I tried emailing you but it came back as non-deliverable. I wanted to know who you sued in small claims court. I can't find Sprint on the CA Sec of State website, but I did find Worldcom. Is that who I should use? I am going to follow your lead as they owe me 20,000 plus miles.

Also, do you think I can sue for the time and energy this ordeal has taken me? I have spent HOURS AND HOURS and many letters and phone calls trying to get them to fufill their agreement.

Thanks....any advice would be great!!
Old Jan 15, 2003, 6:14 pm

Can someone please remind me of the payout schedule for this 40k offer. It was something like
A miles after B months, then
C miles after D months, etc.
Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 6:35 pm

I'm pretty sure it was 10K after 4, 8, 12 and 18 months for a total ot 40K.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 6:36 pm

From the Sprint literature:

"Sprint will deposit 5,000 Bonus Miles in your WorldPerks account within 8 weeks after your 1st and 4th invoices, and 10,000 Bonus Miles within 8 weeks after your 8th, 12th, and 18th invoices -- for a total of 40,000 Bonus Miles."

For what it's worth: I've collected 30,000 of these miles so far, and the miles have arrived like clockwork, even after Sprint ended its partnership with Northwest. Also for what it's worth, Sprint has pretty much publicly admitted that this was a dumb expensive promotion that is unlikely to be repeated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.