Wiki Posts
Search

Can I use PCS in SJU to call the USA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2002, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
Can I use PCS in SJU to call the USA?

I saw that PCS has coverage in Puerto Rico. Can I make calls to the US from a PCS area in San Juan and still have it counted as a domestic call?
Old Nov 25, 2002, 6:21 am

Seems I remember someone posted last winter they had made a call from PR on the Sprint network & that it was a local call. It stuck in my mind 'cause I was in PR last winter and did NOT take my cell phone 'cause I thought it would incure high charges for that area.
I did a search in this thread re that post but nothing came up. To be on the safe side you could call Sprint PCS, take careful notes of what they tell you, get names, Sprint is notorious for "Sprint Math".
Hope this helps, taken from SprintPCS.com

Service Area: Puerto Rico, PR

When you are in any PCS Service Area, you are on the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. While on the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network, you can make calls to or receive calls from anywhere using your PCS Phone.

Old Nov 25, 2002, 1:39 pm

As always, make certain your phone isn't in a Roam or Analog mode when placing your calls. I've set my preferences accordingly.

------------------
I'd rather be sorry for something I've done, than for something that I didn't do.
Old Dec 6, 2002, 8:05 pm

Programs: HH: Gold; AirTran: Elite
as long as you aren't roaming, its just like being anywhere else in the states.

one of the reasons i continue to stick with sprint. nice to know everytime i go down there i'll have a working cell phone that doesn't cost me a fortune in extra charges.
Old Dec 6, 2002, 8:24 pm

PCS Service works fairly well in PR and is definately a local (in network) call. AT&T and Verizon are not on plan and get very expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.