Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K in 6 mos. still available

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2001, 4:28 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
mrjohnnyt
"Anybody know how much they charge to recoup the tax on buying the mileage they give out?"

They started charging this November 1, 1999.
"This charge is approximately $1 for every 1000 frequent flyer miles you earn, and is based on the total number of miles you are awarded each month from Sprint. For example, if you earn 250 frequent flyer miles in one month, a 25 cent charge will be noted as a Frequent Flyer Excise Charge in your monthly invoice."
Old Apr 9, 2001, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Just got the 25K bonus. I called 800-795-1167 and had to ask for the "Northwest Airlines Win Back Offer: 5000 miles per month for 5 months". Prior to mentioning this offer, the rep could not locate a 25K bonus, so the key is to mention it using those words.

Now we'll have to see if the miles show up as promised.
Old Apr 11, 2001, 8:01 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Guess it is worth a try but I'd failed to get my 25K earlier! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

Most recent offer of which I'm aware:

Earn up to 15,000 WorldPerks Bonus Miles from Sprint

Act now to earn up to 15,000 WorldPerks Bonus Miles and save with long-distance rates as low as 5 cents per minute
when you sign-up for Sprint Nickel Nights long-distance at
http://csg.sprint.com/offsite/nwa_02...aver_jump.html
Old Apr 11, 2001, 12:08 pm

I was offered a 20k mileage offer today over 18 months by mentioning the win back promotion. I'm going to keep trying different reps until I can get the 25k over 5 months! I've received it (and the miles!)last year and can hopefully get it again.

The only program I have gotten them to offer me is the Sprint Nickel Nights which is a 5.95 monthly fee at 5 cents for in-state calls and 5 or 10 cents for out of state calls depending on the times. Has anyone gotten any better rates or a waived fee?

Thanks!

Flyin' Mike
Old Apr 11, 2001, 9:46 pm

Called yesterday and gave the phone rep the exact verbage suggested, she couldn't find it at first but eventually came back on line and said she knew which promotion I was talking about and would make the switch and set up the 5K per month for five month bonuses. Hope they post!
Old Apr 11, 2001, 9:46 pm

Called yesterday and gave the phone rep the exact verbage suggested, she couldn't find it at first but eventually came back on line and said she knew which promotion I was talking about and would make the switch and set up the 5K per month for five month bonuses. Hope they post!
Old Apr 12, 2001, 12:02 am

Heehee. Numbbutt.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Apr 12, 2001, 2:01 pm

Called yesterday and was told that the 25K offer had expired. CSR offered 20K over 12 months (5,000 on 1st, 4th, 8th, & 12th months) with Nickel Nights. I took it (bird in the hand), but good luck to those who are looking for two in the bush.

------------------
Russell Woessner
[email protected]
Old Apr 12, 2001, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Current Offer on the NWA Website/WP Mall:
http://www.nwa.com/mall/offers/commu...on/sprint.html

Earn up to 15,000 Bonus Miles when you sign-up for Sprint Nickel NightsSM long distance today! We'll deposit 5,000 miles into your WorldPerks®account after your first, sixth and twelfth Sprint long distance invoices.

Save with a low 5 cent a minute rate on all of your state-to-state calls made between 7p.m. and 7a.m. - every night of the week. At all other times, calls are just 10 cents per minute. A recurring $5.95 monthly fee applies. State Cost Recovery charge will apply in certain states. Add even more miles each month You'll also earn 5 miles for every dollar you spend with Sprint long distance every month (excluding taxes and credits), 7 miles if you're a WorldPerks Elite Member.

Offer expires April 30, 2001.
Old Apr 12, 2001, 8:31 pm

Hey MotNot, it's been a while since I tickled your funny bone, huh? Actually, I've been home for awhile now, causing me to reconsider that username, but next week it's off to Honolulu, then Dallas, then Frankfurt, so the I'll be back in form in no time.
Old Apr 15, 2001, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Does the Sprint promotion apply to any airline except NW?

------------------
Middle Seat
Old Apr 18, 2001, 2:08 pm

If you get an offer from Sprint you might want to insist on getting it in writing. I'm still battling with them over the 25K in 6 months. I signed up in Dec. and suddenly they seem to have forgotten they ever had the offer. It took a formal complaint to the FCC and my state attorney general to get them to honor it.

If you are just looking for good rates you might want to do like I plan on doing (once the last of my miles post) and drop your long distance service outright. Your local company can provide local service and instate toll service. You can also do 10-10 dial arounds and 800 numbers.

For long distance I got a phone card from Costco. Ironically it's through Sprint (SamsClub (ie: WalMart) offers a similar deal using MCI).

The rates: 4.16 cents/minute 24/7. It cost $19.99 for 480 minutes and the card can be reacharge using a credit card (I use one of my mileage ones so I still earn miles). The great part is I save about $20/month not having to have a long distance carrier (no basic monthly fee, no additional monthly service fee, etc.). Also the per minute rate is lower. I can use the phone card from anywhere (even international... although the rates are different from there).

Note: Set two of the buttons on your phones speed dial One for the phone cards 800 number. The second for your card number. It makes calling a breeze.
Old Apr 26, 2001, 7:55 pm

Hey I did the same. Got rid of long distance carriers all together. I love the miles but the monthly charges I don't think are worth it. I love the speed dial idea and intend to use it. (eye's can't read that small print on those cards very well) Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.