Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K NW Miles (in 6 months)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2000, 11:10 am
Original Poster

25K NW Miles (in 6 months)

I have seen a lot of Sprint/NW mileage offers recently, but this seems to be the best one out there at the moment.

Call Sprint at: 877-767-6154
The programs name is: "Northwest Win-Back Miles" offer (to get customers to return)
(the Cust. Serv. Rep. told me they will give it to new customers too).
You'll rec: 25,000 miles over 6 months
They also will give you a $5 check towards the cost to switch.

You get 5,000 miles per month for 5 months.

The fine print (rates are):
Monthly fee: $5.95
Minute Rate: M-F 7 am-7pm is 10 cents/minute
M-F 7pm-7am and all day Sat & Sun is only 5 cents/minute.

The offer Expires: Dec 31, 2000.

Seeing that MCI is only offering 10K, it made sense to switch
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cool.gif
Old Dec 19, 2000, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally posted by a4lq:
I have seen a lot of Sprint/NW mileage offers recently, but this seems to be the best one out there at the moment.

Call Sprint at: 877-767-6154
The programs name is: "Northwest Win-Back Miles" offer (to get customers to return)
(the Cust. Serv. Rep. told me they will give it to new customers too).
You'll rec: 25,000 miles over 6 months
They also will give you a $5 check towards the cost to switch.

You get 5,000 miles per month for 5 months.

The fine print (rates are):
Monthly fee: $5.95
Minute Rate: M-F 7 am-7pm is 10 cents/minute
M-F 7pm-7am and all day Sat & Sun is only 5 cents/minute.

The offer Expires: Dec 31, 2000.

Seeing that MCI is only offering 10K, it made sense to switch
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cool.gif
Sprint must be in a year-end marketing push right now. I just received in my email the following offer:
http://csg.sprint.com/offsite/nwa_sp...er/index.html#

"Mileage will be applied based on the actual long-distance charges, excluding taxes and credits. For Sprint Nickel Nights residential long-distance service, 5,000-mile bonus will be deposited in your WorldPerks within 6 to 8 weeks after your first, sixth, eighth and twelfth month invoices for a total of 20,000 Bonus Miles within one year. Limit one 20,000-mile bonus per WorldPerks account. This offer excludes residents of Alaska."

Not as good as your offer though, but since both offers expire at the end of this year, Sprint marketing is working overtime.
Old Dec 19, 2000, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Does anybody have a CSR name? I've called, 3 CSRs have no clue about the 25k offer!
Old Dec 19, 2000, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

It took me 5 times before I got a CSR who would offer more then 10K in 6 months (they kept trying to push the 20K over 18 months). I finally called one last time and got this very nice woman who figured out the name of the program and finally located it on her computer. She said they have tons of programs but unless you use the exact name it's impossible to get he computer to list it. They didn't have any code numbers, just the name itself. She said they also have a lot of turn over in her dept and half the folks have a hard time using computers, so they tend to say "can't find it" rather then ask a supervisor or co-worker. I figure it's worth calling back several times, for the extra 15K (25 rather then 10) over 6 months I can use the speed dial.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Dec 19, 2000, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
oops

[This message has been edited by onedog (edited 12-19-2000).]
Old Dec 21, 2000, 3:21 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

A little bird told me that the promotion is named "25K" and has the code 22142. It may well be that this offer has expired, but if so at least some of the CSRs apparently have the power to override that for you. I surmise that giving you this offer at all requires an override, since two agents told me that it's only available when Sprint's "win-back" telemarketing team calls you. If they have previously called you, tell the CSR that and it may help. Also helpful is to be able to prove that you have had Sprint before (not necessarily at the same number), which qualifies you as a win-back.

Good luck!

P.S. If you need an international discount plan, you only get 10,000 bonus miles. with 5,000 up front and 5,000 after 6 months. I don't have the code for this 10,000 mile offer, but all the CSRs appear to know about it, unlike the 25K.
Old Jan 5, 2001, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
FYI-

Just called the 800# at the beginning of this post and used the code listed as #22142.

The rep read the me the program "Sprint's Northwest Airlines win back offer 5K per month for 5 months"

This was on the first call, seemed to work. I will let you know if the points don't post.

[This message has been edited by tasnam (edited 01-05-2001).]
Old Jan 5, 2001, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I just called and asked a custmer rep to check the promotion under code "22142" for me. However, she said that was for 7500 miles offer. 2500 miles up front, then 5000 miles after 6 mos. Called again, a diff rep told me that all 25k and 20k offers were no longer available.

Old Jan 10, 2001, 2:49 pm

Sprint Reps can;t be trusted... i did sign up for a 25K offer. later, i was told that the offer had been closed when i signed up and could not have been offered it.
so i settled for a 20k over 12 months (5k after 1st, 4th, 8th, 12th).
and then, becuase of issues with their internal systems, the miles did not credit. on contacting them, i got the first 5000 miles, but the whole cycle was 'delayed' by 3 months and sprint refused to correct this... ofcourse i decided to quit after this nonsense!! and a letter to the FCC.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

i think they are plain simple lying abt the promos just to sign up people...

personally, i have had a wonderful exp with MCI... back to them i go...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Jan 10, 2001, 3:23 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
I called and switched over my 2nd line, which is rarely used for LD anyway. They couldn't find a 25K offer, but I took a 21K offer (5K after 1st, 4th, 8th, and 12th month; plus 1K after 1st month for local toll.)

I figure $71.40 is worth it for 21K miles. If my math is correct it works out to about 1/3 cent per mile.

I just hope the miles are posted promptly and correctly after reading some of the other posts!
Old Jan 10, 2001, 11:49 pm

They promised me the 25,000 mile offer when I signed up also.
I never got it. The rep lied to me. I finally got them to credit me 5,000 miles after almost 6 months of calling.
Do not trust these people.
Old Jan 11, 2001, 1:36 pm

Programs: United 1P
If you are unsure of the deal, you may like to try the following tactic :

1. Call local phone company and get a block put on changing long distance carrier unless they receive written notification from YOU.

2. Get Sprint/MCI/ATT (they're all equally deceptive) to fax you the details of the offer you are accepting.

3. Authorize switch with local phone company only upon receipt of off from long distance company.
Old Feb 19, 2001, 12:09 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
Sprint may be getting better at posting the bonus miles. Last week I received a call from them, asking me to verify my WorldPerks number to ensure proper posting.

I just checked my balance online, and Voila! My first 5,000 mile bonus is there.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 9:38 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
Bikenski,

Do you have any promo code or name for the 21K deal?

BA Fan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.