The elusive quest for 25K miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2000, 5:26 pm

are sprint pcs phone accounts eligible for
the 25K deal? I thought only the 5K deal
applied to them!

Old May 5, 2000, 7:54 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know if you can track miles posted by Sprint via Sprint account management? I used to be able to see CO being posted via MCI online account manager?

Any response and menu path greatly appreciated.

BA Fan
Old May 5, 2000, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

You can see your bill and get a total of your charges since your last bill, but there is no information on the mileage activity. (You can also make a one time credit card payment, which you can't with MCI).

But sadly, no mileage report.
Old May 6, 2000, 2:29 pm

I'd really like to see my bill in the mail because for some reason they mailed it out twice and instead of me receiving it, it ended up back with Sprint again.
I checked on line and they do have my appartment number on there so I don't know what the problem is.
I do know that because my bill was sent back to Sprint I'm no longer able to call overseas directly. Not that it is really a problem because I chose Sprint for the 25K offer and I still have a 10-10 number to call overseas for 10 ct a minute. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

I think I'm gonna call them again because on line I saw service message saying that I have overdue bills. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/confused.gif
Old May 9, 2000, 9:18 pm

Finally got that bill;name spelled wrong, bill overdue an dno mileage activity but ..... in 5 months I will have 25K miles.

I guess it's worth the hassle. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old May 18, 2000, 1:55 pm

Well, I signed up today, took me four calls. They said it takes 8 weeks for miles to post after statement. That sounds odd, but anyone know? Read my other post about my signup, if you want.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000046.html
Old May 18, 2000, 2:02 pm

BTW, the representative offered me a choice of two plans.

The first was 10 cents/min all the time, except 5 cents on Sunday, with a monthly fee of $5.95. The second was Nickel Nights -- 5 cents from 7 pm to 7 am and 10 cents during the day, with a $4.99 fee.

I might have the fees backwards, but even though the Nickel Nights seems like a better deal, I went for the 10 cents/min plan because of what was written here. It's not much more than my current no-mileage, no-fee MCI plan, so I figure $5.95 a month is a good deal for 5,000 miles.

Old May 18, 2000, 2:05 pm

do you mean 25 cents/min during day? otherwise the other plan sounds better.
Old May 19, 2000, 5:23 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Well it looks like the first of the 5k for my mother posted after about 5 weeks. I received a call from Sprint/NWA desk to verify that I was satisfied with my service, that I was on the plan that I wanted and to confirm that the first 5k of my 25k would post 8 weeks after my first billing.

So it looks like everything is in order. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cool.gif

TW
Old May 22, 2000, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I just had the third 5K post to my account. The 5K's are posting a good 2-3 weeks before my bill arrives. So far I have received only 2 bills, but three monthly bonuses. Nothing wrong with that, as it will allow me to swtich to MCI/AT&T sooner.... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Sebastien
Old May 25, 2000, 12:59 pm

Well, looks like they screwed me.

I call up today to verify everything, and they tell me, "The agent told you that 25K was no longer available and that 10K was the offer we had." Then they give me the agent's name. I tell them that yes, one agent did tell me that, but the one who signed me up told me 25K. They said no, both of them told you that (untrue). The ol' bait and switch. (Actually, the others offered me a 20K mile offer, too, but that's beside the point.)

They had marked down the first unsuccessful call I made in the record (who marks stuff in the record before you become a customer?), so I see we are dealing with some E-vil people.

Realizing I was getting nowhere with this particular agent, I said maybe I had it wrong, so I'd check my notes as to what happened. Well, look at the other thread and you'll see what happened.

Got a fight on my hands here. Anyone with advice or success, please post more or e-mail me. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2000, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
There is only one way I can see to have both MCI and Sprint own up to the half truths and misleading information they give out. Someone who has good notes on their calls to either or both carriers and has been denied the miles needs to file a lawsuit and in their discovery requests they will be able to see all the people who were awarded miles after the program "expired."

An enterprising individual would imply that the suit would be filed as a class action and the remedy would be to award 25k to every single customer that signed up for the FF bonus program regardless of the points offered to them when they enrolled.

Any lawyers here want to take this one on?

TW

Old May 25, 2000, 4:20 pm

Double post. Deleted.

[This message has been edited by motnot (edited 05-25-2000).]
Old May 25, 2000, 4:20 pm

I called back and spoke to a supervisor. He said all they had was a 10K offer. I asked if the bait and switch was a standard Sprint business practice. He apologized and said he'd give me some free minutes for my trouble. (Maybe I'll ask for 25,000 minutes when I call him back). I tried to get a name/number/address of his supervisor and he said they don't take phone calls. So now I'm turning my quest into finding someone in corporate to talk to.

This aggression will not stand!
Old May 28, 2000, 3:20 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Called Sprint earlier today. They initially signed me up for the NW 20K offer to receive miles over 12 months.

Just called back to 800-877-4040 which is partner marketing customer service.

Was referred to call 800-795-1167. The rep at above number said that this 2nd number would be able to change my account to the 25K offer.

Calling this 2nd number: I was told that I would have to read either the first few sentences, or the last few sentences, of a letter describing the offer for 25K miles. They advised this was done to verify that I had indeed receive the specific 25K offer. Does anyone have a letter they could post so I can "read" either the first few or last few sentences?

Just now calling back to the 2nd 800 number in this post. Got the same rep, ironically, who signed me up for the 20K offer a few hours ago. He seems very helpful. He is now trying to find 4H promotion code in the computer for the 25K miles over 5 months. He's looking through a very long list "there it is...all right." "We can do that," he said. He said the bonus code is 221-42-1010. He did not ask me to "read" anything. He was a lot more friendly than the rep I got when I called this number 1.5 minutes before. If the person does not sound very friendly it might be a good idea to not even get into it with them.

The official offer as far as Sprint PCS is 5,000 miles when you sign up with Sprint PCS, or 5,000 miles when you add your NW number to the account. The NW miles are only available on Free & Clear plans. You get 5 miles per PCS dollar spent, or 7 miles per dollar if you are NW elite. I don't know if there are "hidden" or very targetted PCS related offers where you can get more than the 5,000 miles or more than 5 or 7 miles per dollar.

Also fyi as far as I know, Sprint residential offers 10 miles per dollar spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.