Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The elusive quest for 25K miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2000, 11:25 pm

As of Saturday when I last checked I had gotten 20K miles on this promo (signed in August I think) and was due for the last installment. I have to say Sprint has been WORSE than MCI on this one. I originally signed 2 lines which I was assured I could do, for 25K on each. Alas, that turned out to be a lie, and after a couple of inquiries they said I could only get like 5K over 6 months on the second, so I canceled it and in the end they gave me nothing. And, even when I canceled that line with Sprint, they kept billing me for it, and now, months later, irony of ironies, I find Sprint is still billing me for all the calls on that line, but MCI is giving me 5,000 miles a month on it! Maybe they think they've already merged? I can't figure it out. Now I don't know who to "switch" it to when that 25K runs out?
Old Mar 14, 2000, 10:55 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
I finally managed to get hold of a rep and I just got signed up for the 25K miles deal over 5 months.
In about a month I recevied all 25K miles with MCI on my cell so guess what I'll do next ...

BA Fan
Old Mar 17, 2000, 5:06 pm
JoE

Be careful what Sprint actually signs you up for. I signed up for the 25k deal in Ocober. I received my first 5k miles 8 weeks later.
After that, no miles posted. I called Sprint last night, and the Rep told me they signed me up for the 10k bonus, 5k after the first month, and 5k 6 months later. I told her that I signed up for the 25 K deal, but they would not change anything.

Sprint really stinks; I only signed up because of the bonus. I will write a letter of complaint and switch to another phone company.
Old Mar 17, 2000, 8:08 pm

I had the same problem. They supposedly signed me up for the 25K program.... one month into it, I discovered they actually only signed me up for the 10K program. It is now almost 5 months since I joined and I have only received 10K. I have been persistently trying to get them to credit the 10K that is due to me. I'm starting to wonder whether it will ever happen. MCI was much easier to deal with. Maybe it's time to switch again :-(
Old Mar 23, 2000, 12:47 pm

What I've done to make sure they signed me up under the correct promotion is call Sprint at 800-669-8585 and ask what promotion I was signed up under. I switched my line & my aunts line to sprint for the 25K - one using my WP# & 1 using dh's WP# and all looks good! Now, I'm not sure what will happen when I want to do this again so that I have 50K for each - does anyone know? Does sprint have some sort of time limit or mileage limit requirements?
Old Mar 27, 2000, 4:41 pm

Programs: United 1P
All three of the big phone companies are terrible at record keeping, but they are getting better.

However, are you a good customer ? One worth getting to come back to Sprint ? Then chances are if you get the right representative on the phone then it shouldn't matter what has gone on before.

You are setting up a new contract and so you should negotiate for the best deal you will accept. If you don't want to do business with them at the terms they are offering, then tell them so.
Old Apr 1, 2000, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Things have not worked out quite as planned. Although I asked the Sprint rep I talked to at least three times to confirm I would get 5K/month for 5 months (which she did), I received a letter today informing me of my 20K bonus, 5K after my 1st, 4th, 8th and 12th invoices.

I called, and was told that the calling plan I was signed up under (which I didn't even select!) only allowed 5K miles - but they would be nice and nevertheless allow me to collect 20K miles over a year. I told them I would be even nicer and allow them to close my account.

I'll send an email and post the reply here, though I'm not hopeful.

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 04-01-2000).]
Old Apr 1, 2000, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Oops.

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 04-01-2000).]
Old Apr 5, 2000, 7:38 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I just signed up for Sprint for my new telephone line. 25k miles, 5K every month for 5 months.

Called 877.836.5057 Two plans offered. $0.15 per minute 24X7 no minimum usage or $0.10 Mon-Fri and $0.05 Sat and Sun. $4.99 minimum usage.

TW
Old Apr 5, 2000, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally posted by Tolarian Wind:
I just signed up for Sprint for my new telephone line. 25k miles, 5K every month for 5 months.
Thanks for the info. I have already exchanged a couple of emails with Sprint by now, and in my last asked that they switch me to a qualifying plan, as they were the ones that signed me up for a plan that apparently conflicted with the bonus I was interested in...

Stay tuned.
Old Apr 5, 2000, 7:58 am

Just wondering...

1. Does Sprint offer the 25K deal on
its cellular service?

2. Can one still get credit from either MCI or Sprint for two phone lines @ 25K each? If so, do they have to be on separate airline FF accounts?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 5, 2000, 9:50 am

they WILL give you the 25k promotion even though it is technically over. here are two names to talk to: Bridget Lee or Min Yan. each of these women has handled one of these in the last 30 minutes and is familiar with it. if they ask how much you spend per month, inflate the number and you will get it in a snap!! you get 5k every month for 5 months AND you can charge your sprint portion to your credit card to get more miles. you get the traditional 5 miles per dollar. have your northwest/KLM worldperks number ready. this is certainly a great deal!! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -Mother Teresa
Old Apr 5, 2000, 1:32 pm

Way to go QUEENILSA!!! So, when are we going to lunch in London? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif I hear you are going to Boston this weekend for the night on saturday, bring me back something nice! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

------------------
I would stop at NOTHING for Frequent Flyer Miles!
Old Apr 5, 2000, 1:34 pm

Way to go QUEENILSA!!! So, when are we going to lunch in London? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif I hear you are going to Boston this weekend for the night on saturday, bring me back something nice! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

------------------
Old Apr 5, 2000, 1:35 pm

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.