Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Sprint's best current bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 1999, 9:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

World Perks is NorthWest's program. They have many partners, like Continental and Alaska.
Old Sep 10, 1999, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
BSL I clicked on the Sprint 25k link and the promo it brings you to is for 16,500 plus 500 mile interner signup bonus. Is the 25k Sprint bonus over?
Old Sep 13, 1999, 6:32 pm

I just called 1-877-282-6742 to switch to Sprint and they offered me 25K bonus miles with NorthWest.
Old Sep 15, 1999, 8:54 am

I just called Sprint and switched from MCI and got the 25,000 NWA miles.

Thanks to all on this board who brought it to my attention.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 8:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Again thanks everyone. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

When I saw that some of you were still getting the 25,000, and they had offered me only 20,000 (5,000 a mo. for 4 months) I called Sprint back. Again, the best they could do was 20,000---this time I was told 5,000 every 3 months. Wouldn't get the 20,000 for 12 months.

I said I understood that the 25,000 offer was still available and that was what I wanted. They then said I couln't get the $.05 evenings with the 25,000. I reminded them that I was told they would match MCI and that I did not sign up for 5,000 every 3 months. They did relent and give me the 25,000 and $.05 evenings also. I HOPE!!

It sure does pay to read these boards and find out what is really happening. EVERY LITTLE 5,000 PTS EXTRA HELPS.
The number I called this time was 877-692-7774
Old Sep 24, 1999, 12:22 am

Glad you got in on it Wonderer, and thanks for the welcome.

FYI the # I called tonight for the 5K/month NW miles for 5 months was: 1-877-455-8220

I still can't find this offer on their website. If the idea is to get us all to sign up on the web, they better put the best offers there!

Good luck cashing in. And remember to write down who you talk to, where, the date, exactly what they offered, etc. in case of trouble!
Old Sep 24, 1999, 12:56 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Some of you must be serious fast talkers since the Sprint offer on-line for NW talks about 10 cents at nite and 25 cents day. Very expensive unless you just do it for a month to get miles. I would like to get Sprint just so I can get MCI again! Also, despite what they advertise, I have Earthlink and NEVER have connected at 56K. I am lucky to be at 30K.
Old Sep 24, 1999, 10:27 am

Yes, Sprint's rates are crap if you actually need to make LD calls on that line. You can pay $4.95 month and get 10 cents a minute weekdays, 5 cents weekend. They waive the fee in any month you spend more than $30.

Karen, you may not need to switch out of MCI to get that deal. See my post last night in the Mci forum. MCI was willing to give me 25K per line even for lines already on MCI. I guess I got a good rep. I tried several times and got reps who wouldn't do anything for me. Patience and persistence are key. Stay jolly, hang out, read your email in the pauses, and just keep dialing til you get someone who wants to make a sale.

I think the Sprint reps are not commisioned but MCI's are.

Good luck. Steffo
Old Sep 24, 1999, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Sprint Sense Day

5 cents on Sunday 15 cents all other times, state to state.

25K bonus miles, takes approximatly 8 months to completely post as the first 5k takes 90 days, so said the Sprint rep who signed up my moms line for me after 25K MCI program finished.

Hopefully the regulators will still be evaluating the proposed merger when the 8 months is up so we can all switch back one more time!!

TW
Old Nov 7, 1999, 9:15 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I had an existing Sprint PCS account, and signed up for the NW miles. Got 2,500 miles to start, and another 2,500 miles after 6 months, plus 5 miles per dollar on the PCS charges. Had to switch to a Free & Clear plan with Sprint PCS, in order for them to add the mileage option.
Old Nov 8, 1999, 9:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Just got a postcard from the nice folks at Sprint informing me that as of Dec. 1 a federal excise tax of $1 per 1,000 FF miles awarded would be added to my bill.

I smell MCI.

I've had go-around after go-around with MCI about this very issue. I suspect it's not really federally imposed and I also suspect they're dishonest about the nature of the fee. Nominal as it is, I don't really mind paying. What I mind is Sprint CS not being straight with their customers.
Old Nov 10, 1999, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I just got the same notice. If it is true, it is the foot in the door for the Feds to collect $$ on our FF miles. Next step, charge tax on airline tix if miles are earned....?? Time to write to our elected officials..
Old Nov 10, 1999, 12:49 pm

Can they do that? What if you signed up for the 25k bonus a couple of months ago, and you haven't received all of it yet. At the time, you didn't agree to pay this extra tax. Shouldn't they either give you all of your 25k before the tax kicks in or defer collecting it for x months until you get it all?
Old Nov 10, 1999, 2:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Like it or not, MCI nee Sprint can do anything they want with their program. Sprint is smart enough to add something in their disclousure along the lines of "program subject to change without notice." Of course, they gave their customers notification of the change in policy, which is the smart thing to do. I imagine it would be an accounting nightmare to not tax customers currently receiving the 20K or 25K promo.

Having already accumulated 15K of the 25K bonus I had to determine whether the extra $10 I'll pay for 10K miles is worth it. For me it is. Those are cheap miles. $25 for a free coach ticket is certainly worth it.

(Cost benefit analysis rears its ugly head. I am such an economics geek . . . http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif)

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 11-10-1999).]
Old Nov 13, 1999, 8:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
EssexJay, you are quite right! You have to do a cost benefits analysis with all mileage situations! The tax on phone miles, although annoying, is no big deal. With the Sprint announcement, it amounts to paying .1 cent/mile. As pointed out, thats $25 for a coach ticket in the US. Even the special E-fares don't come close to matching this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.